PDA

View Full Version : creaking sound

accord1989
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
i was wandering what the creaking sound is which happens everytime i brake or let go of the brake to move it sounds like its coming from the rear
?

Dr_Snooz
04-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Could be a lot of things. Your hardware might be getting rusty, need some lube or something could be broken and coming apart. My guess is that your grease points are getting dry, but it could be something breaking and, consequently, a big safety issue. You're gonna have to pull it apart and take a look.

DBMaster
04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I had some of that going on last year. The brake shoes rub the backing plates at three spots. Those little flat areas are supposed to have grease on them, but it dries up or gets rubbed off over time. All I had to do was pull the drums and put a little dab of grease on each of the three spots per brake shoe and it took care of the noise.

accord1989
04-24-2010, 11:36 PM
its got rear brake discs but yeh i giv the grease a go , is there a brake rotor grease ?thanks

Dr_Snooz
04-25-2010, 08:09 AM
You want to coat both sides the shims with a heavy moly grease. I use assembly lube. I also like to grease the ends of the pads where they slide on the bracket. I haven't decided yet on the best lube for there, but the heavy moly grease or a hi-temp grease should do the trick. For the guide bolts, use silicone (aka dielectric) grease.

accord1989
04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
i actually found some aerosol can zinc plate stuff which inihibits rust and stuff willl try it out on the disc rotors hopefull that will stop it