PDA

View Full Version : car almost dies when trying to accelerate.

HONDA TEEJ
04-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey guys, I've got an 87 accord hatch LX-i and after about driving my car for about 3 to 5 minutes (after stopping at a light) my car almost dies when trying to accelerate. It mostly happens after the car has been sitting over night, and sometimes happens when getting off the freeway after stopping at the off ramp light.
I know when its going to happen because when I'm stopped at a light the RPMS drop really low and start to sputter. Then I try to take off and the car has barely any power and sputters, almost dying, for about 5 seconds. Then it drives normal for almost the whole day, unless it sits for a few hours. Every once in a while it will do it during normal driving. I've only replaced the fuel filter. It's also a five speed if that matters.
Any advice or thoughts?
Thanks

Civic Accord Honda
04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
first check your grounds my 3gee was doing that and it melted the damn throttle cable trying to get it to move. all from a bad ground
also replace your plugs , wires, cap , rotor and check your air filter.

AccordB20A
04-28-2010, 12:15 AM
this happened to me when a wire was loose on my TPS

HONDA TEEJ
05-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Well i wiggled the wires on my TPS and redid the ground to the valve cover and its only done it once or twice since. I'm not sure if its coincidence or if something actually worked. ha I'm going to try to redo all of the other grounds. thanks guys