PDA

View Full Version : My father was taken from me today

nswst8
04-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Tell those that you love that you love them, don't put it off any longer.

I was lucky enough to have visited with my Dad earlier this year in January.

He was shot by a lunatic that evidently wanted to shot rather than avoid a confrontation. At least my father shot the son of a bitch in the head, I pray that he dies as well.

I'm in shock, I just need to tell someone, about the greatest man in the world to me.

RobT5580
04-28-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry to hear Phil.....My condolences!

Rob

GraniteLXI
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Terrible news! My parents scared me when they told me they got robbed by some black man with a little gun...he didnt make off with much but im just glad my parents are okay....
I can only imagine how hurt you must be...

import racer
04-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear that man,there are a lot of crazy people out there.

cubert
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow, I am so sorry..I cant even imagine what you must be going through.

Try to stay strong, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Dr_Snooz
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Oh Phil, I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you and your family.

Pico
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm so sorry Phil, Condolences to you and your family.

A20A1
04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Real sorry to hear that Phil.

I felt the same way when my Brother was killed, I was calling and posting everywhere, just had to get it out.

blazin3gen
04-28-2010, 08:00 PM
i couldnt imagine loosing a family member to murder im sorry to hear about your loss.... i feel terrible

ShyBoyCA6
04-28-2010, 08:10 PM
man im sorry, i lost my father when i was 10 years old... same thing happen to my father but wrong place wrong time.. stay strong bro

ecogabriel
04-28-2010, 08:21 PM
I am sorry to hear about your Dad.

I hope you can spend some time with your family.

Tdurr
04-28-2010, 08:43 PM
wow thats crazy. Sorry to hear also. Ill keep you and ur family in my prayers.

nswst8
04-28-2010, 10:05 PM
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- One man has died and the other remains in critical condition after apparently shooting each other in Orange Park this afternoon.

The shootings happened at about 2:30 at a home in the 400 block of Arora Boulevard near Aquarius Circle. Sheriff Rick Beseler said the two men got into an verbal argument and shot each other several times.

Robert Webster, 63, was taken to Shands with a gunshot wound to his torso. He died from his injuries. Charles Ingram, 57, remains in critical condition in Shands intensive care unit following treatment for a gunshot wound to the head.

Police are unsure of the exact cause of the argument, and said they don't know exactly how many times each man fired.

The investigation is ongoing.

The man who shot and killed my father terrorized the neighborhood for years shooting dogs and threatened my mother's dog repeately, pulled his gun on my brothers. Everyone knew he carried a gun. This is why my father applied for and received his concealed carry permit. To protect his family, he prayed he would never have to use it. He just couldn't understand why this man deliberately terrorized my family.

My father was and always will be a great man who gave his life for his family. He served in Vietnam earning a purple heart for his wounds suffered in combat. He adopted me and never ever made me feel anything other than his son. I am proud to call him father and for him to call me his son. Rest in peace Dad, for you are in God's house now.

I hope with every fiber of my being the son of a bitch who shot him dies as well.

MessyHonda
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
im sorry Phill...stay strong for your girls and wife.

2oodoor
04-29-2010, 04:03 AM
That is awefull. I am glad you were able to connect with him again though I am sure that time will now be cherished.
My respect and empathy goes out to you and your family.

lostforawhile
04-29-2010, 04:13 AM
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- One man has died and the other remains in critical condition after apparently shooting each other in Orange Park this afternoon.

The shootings happened at about 2:30 at a home in the 400 block of Arora Boulevard near Aquarius Circle. Sheriff Rick Beseler said the two men got into an verbal argument and shot each other several times.

Robert Webster, 63, was taken to Shands with a gunshot wound to his torso. He died from his injuries. Charles Ingram, 57, remains in critical condition in Shands intensive care unit following treatment for a gunshot wound to the head.

Police are unsure of the exact cause of the argument, and said they don't know exactly how many times each man fired.

The investigation is ongoing.

The man who shot and killed my father terrorized the neighborhood for years shooting dogs and threatened my mother's dog repeately, pulled his gun on my brothers. Everyone knew he carried a gun. This is why my father applied for and received his concealed carry permit. To protect his family, he prayed he would never have to use it. He just couldn't understand why this man deliberately terrorized my family.

My father was and always will be a great man who gave his life for his family. He served in Vietnam earning a purple heart for his wounds suffered in combat. He adopted me and never ever made me feel anything other than his son. I am proud to call him father and for him to call me his son. Rest in peace Dad, for you are in God's house now.

I hope with every fiber of my being the son of a bitch who shot him dies as well.
I'm really sorry about your dad, you know something is wrong when that guy can walk around with a gun threatening people and no one does anything, He died a hero then because he stepped up when no one else would. he was already a hero anyway because he went and fought for this country and was wounded, all of our soldiers are. he died doing what a soldier does, he was protecting the innocent from the oppressive.

lostforawhile
04-29-2010, 04:20 AM
A Soldier's Prayer...
The soldier stood and faced his God Which must always come to pass...
He hoped his shoes were shining Just as brightly as his brass.
"Step forward now, you soldier, How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek? To My Church have you been true?"
The soldier squared his shoulders and Said,"No, Lord, I guess I ain't...
Because those of us who carry guns Can't always be a saint.
I've had to work most Sundays And at times my talk was tough,
And sometimes I've been violent, Because the streets are awfully tough.
But, I never took a penny That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime When the bills got just too steep,
And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place Among the people here...
They never wanted me around Except to calm their fears.
If you've a place for me here, Lord, It needn't be so grand,
I never expected or had too much, But if you don't, I'll understand."
There was a silence all around the throne Where the saints had often trod...
As the soldier waited quietly, For the judgment of his God,
"Step forward now you soldier,
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

Dedicated To All That Serve... God Bless America!

A soldier is always a soldier, in uniform or not, in war or not, when it comes down to protecting others , they do what needs to be done

2drSE-i
04-29-2010, 07:41 AM
Wow Phil, I'm really sorry to hear this. At any rate, there isn't much chance of the piece of shit recovering from a gunshot wound to the head 100%. Fill the hole in your heart with your wife and kids, you won't regret it.

SZfiftyfour
04-29-2010, 09:15 AM
^ agreed.
Sad to hear, I hope you're coping alright. My condolences.
We have the worst law enforcement here. That shit should have been taken care of with the first red flag. Things like that should require manditory psyc evaluations.

DBMaster
04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
I offer my deepest sympathy. It is always sad to hear about the awful things humans do to each other.

King Peetis
04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,

He leads me beside quiet waters,

He restores my soul.

He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name’s sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

nswst8
04-29-2010, 02:41 PM
A great man, my father Robert George Webster (1947-2010)

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23306285/detail.html

This could have been prevented, I blame the Clay county sheriff department for failing to protect it's citizens it was sworn to do.

My father was a peaceful man forced to defend his family and his life. He tried repeately to talk to this lunatic. And it was because of this lunatic my father felt it was nessasary to arm himself. I know for a fact that my father would have never armed himself if he wasn't in fear for his life.

hammer3rd
04-29-2010, 03:53 PM
So sorry to hear this news. My condolences and prayers to you and your family.

danny nr crew
04-29-2010, 05:36 PM
im really sorry to hear about this man i had an uncle die and i didnt really know him and even that was hard for me cant even imagine wat ur going threw. take care of urself man. ur father is a great man

w261w261
04-29-2010, 05:55 PM
it's hardest when the loss is sudden, especially so when it's violent. I'm so sorry for your loss.

BaDPiSToN
04-29-2010, 06:30 PM
It is sad to hear, its a shame it got this far.

My sincere sympathy, it takes a lot of courage to stay calm.

88Accord-DX
04-29-2010, 06:37 PM
Hopefully he is in a better place, my condolences. Must be a tough time for you Phil, hang in there.

ghettogeddy
04-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Man some of the jack asses in that lil news forum, if they cant read that story and figure this has been going on for years and that calling the cops does nothing when hes tied with the cops. They need to pull there heads out of there ass.

sorry to hear this happened, but i cant say i hope the guy dies cause thats just bad karma. but i do hope if he does live that he gets whats coming to him...

Rendon LX-i
04-29-2010, 08:02 PM
MAn im so sorry bro. I would go insane if something would happen to my family. My prayers are with you and your family. My god bless his soul. Be strong bro even thou its hard as hell. Man i know your really hurting at this moment. People out in this world are so stupid. I hope that guy he dies to.

nswst8
04-29-2010, 08:26 PM
I miss my father. Knowing that he is no longer there to fly home to, to help with the house projects he wanted to finish. Talking with him about life and family. I am glad I was able to thank him for being my father. He adopted me when I was 7. He was 23 and didn't run scared after knowing about me.

I am who I am today because of him.

I love you Dad.

1ajs
04-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Man some of the jack asses in that lil news forum, if they cant read that story and figure this has been going on for years and that calling the cops does nothing when hes tied with the cops. They need to pull there heads out of there ass.

sorry to hear this happened, but i cant say i hope the guy dies cause thats just bad karma. but i do hope if he does live that he gets whats coming to him...

agreed this %@#$ needs to end his life rotting in a jail cell

1ajs
04-30-2010, 10:31 AM
I miss my father. Knowing that he is no longer there to fly home to, to help with the house projects he wanted to finish. Talking with him about life and family. I am glad I was able to thank him for being my father. He adopted me when I was 7. He was 23 and didn't run scared after knowing about me.

I am who I am today because of him.

I love you Dad.

sorry for your loss as time goes it will heal don't be ashamed to let ones tears flow and find something you can horner his memory such as getting together with the neighbors and throwing a block party to thank him for being a good father a good neighbor and for standing up for his country and those who he might of helped in vietnam.

nswst8
04-30-2010, 02:22 PM
My father was the glue that held his family together, this loss is going to bring hardships throughout our family, I hope I am strong enough to hold them together. I really never thought I would have to step into his role as father. I am afraid.

I can care for my mother, I want to be there for the family as he was. God give me strength.

89T
04-30-2010, 04:28 PM
keep it together man, if you don't you're family will end up like mine.

when i was growing up we had family dances, and got together frequently.

My Grandmother passed away, well to keep it short. It now takes a wedding or act of God for us to get together. :(

I miss my family....

88LXi68
04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
my condolences Phil, I know exactly how you are feeling...

Just try and keep your head up as now it is your turn to be that "glue"

nswst8
05-01-2010, 04:54 AM
I fly home today, thank you for the support that you all have provided. It means a great deal to me.

I'm afraid, I must I will find the strength to be my father for his family.

Thank you again my friends.

1ajs
05-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I fly home today, thank you for the support that you all have provided. It means a great deal to me.

I'm afraid, I must I will find the strength to be my father for his family.

Thank you again my friends.

well after the funeral get suplies together and throw a party to celebrate the man

BITESIZE
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
well after the funeral get suplies together and throw a party to celebrate the man

Because of your father, he taught you how to be you, and because of him, I have an adjustable cam gear as well as many other greatful 3geezers. 3geezus lives in your father. God bless him and your family.

FederalSecurity
05-01-2010, 09:24 PM
nswst8,

I know neither you nor anyone else on this forum know me because of the

fact that I've mostly been a lurker, but for what it's worth, I'll be praying for

you and your family. This is the most crucial time for your family to be

together, and if you need any more support, I honestly believe that everyone

on this forum will be here to help you if we can.

wprocomp
05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
wow phil that sucks man,my condolences go to you and your family.

markmdz89hatch
05-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm so sorry to hear about this Phil. Considering the man you are I have no doubt your Pops was a great man. Mine and my family's thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Keep your head up Phil. Godspeed.

nswst8
05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
We buried our father today, he had so many friends who paid their respects at his viewing. I was so proud to stand and greet his friends.

As I was driving away from the Veterans National Cemetery in Jacksonville, FL. I kept thinking of him waving farewell to me. I miss my father.

nswst8
05-05-2010, 07:23 PM
On a side note, through the grapevine. The A**hole who killed my father was shot through the eye by my father after my father took three rounds and is in a induced coma and on life support.

Oldblueaccord
05-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I am very sorry to hear that your father was killed.

Something to think about I lost my dad when I was 12 to cancer so think to be lucky that you got to know your dad for so long. Try to stay positive side of things. Don't become hate filled like that guy was.

wp