PDA

View Full Version : cant open car door driver side

accord1989
05-01-2010, 03:53 PM
installed a new window regulator in the driver door put the door panel back on but when i tried to push the inside door latch down to lock the door it wouldnt go down because is jammed onto something in the door lock so cant unlock or lock from inside or outside the door. so i thought i need a new door lock part for the door so i closed the door and when i tried to open it again it just wont open from inside or outside the door cause the lock isn't working, anyone know how to open any other way, I was thinking of kicking it open but i dont want to damage anything

1ajs
05-01-2010, 04:42 PM
pick up new door panel and do some surgery about the only thing i can think of

Hauntd ca3
05-03-2010, 01:50 AM
you've prob just bent or jammed something while you were replacing the regulator.
pull the trim off and have a look see

fallen40379
05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
try taking your door panel back off, when you look at the door latch that is inside the door (should be white with a piece that catches the part on the frame). The lock actuator is attached by 3 small brass colored screws. It is possible that the actuator is locked, but the latch was put back on when the door was set to unlock. I dont think this is very clear because i know what i am trying to type cause i just took my door apart saturday and had to replace the whole latch

lostforawhile
05-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I think his door is shut and stuck, which means he can't get the panel off, If I do anything with a door lock, I always test the entire thing a bunch of times BEFORE I put the door panel back on.

accord1989
05-05-2010, 03:21 AM
i,ve sorted it out, the latch was stuck on the striker so i had to pry from the inside the door to break the latch assembly now the door is bent all around the latch area but managed to get it open will post photos of it in the morning.

Dr_Snooz
05-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a pyrrhic victory to me.

Creator
05-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Done this on an altima before. We rolled down the window and shoved a long strong flat head screw driver down on to the latch and pounded away until it finally let go. Definitely a big PIA.

accord1989
05-08-2010, 01:42 PM
ok so i installed a new latch ,i can open door from outside but not from the inside ? i can unlock from the inside if i lever the inside handle then pull up the door unlock but not by itself ?