PDA

View Full Version : Noobs/For Sale

OldSchool86
05-02-2010, 07:39 AM
We should regulate when a noob can sell something. I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale. There should be a min. amount of post allowed, min. amount of time registered or they can support the foundation by becoming/buying a "Foundation Membership" Just my opinion

lostforawhile
05-02-2010, 08:45 AM
We should regulate when a noob can sell something. I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale. There should be a min. amount of post allowed, min. amount of time registered or they can support the foundation by becoming/buying a "Foundation Membership" Just my opinion

first of all post in a color other then white on white, so people can actually read it, and we already have a policy about posting pictures to stop spammers, If we make it difficult to sell items, we might miss the really cool item or rare item, that someone new might have for sale. I really have no use for buying noobs anyway, they often don't know anything about the car and you keep tripping over them all the time, now if they wash dishes or clean house, they could be useful.

itzdave
05-02-2010, 09:41 AM
took the words right out of my mouth! we should 'regulate' no white on white text too, lol.

Harrison_Bergeron
05-02-2010, 09:45 AM
What if a person is just here to sell their 86-89 Accord and has no interest in 3geez?

ShyBoyCA6
05-02-2010, 10:17 AM
well you know not that many people know about the site... maybe they are selling to people that have the cars so they wont scrap it or junk the whole car

OldSchool86
05-02-2010, 10:52 AM
took the words right out of my mouth! we should 'regulate' no white on white text too, lol.
sorry about the white on white. my browser has a black back ground. i'll start messaging in red. lol

first of all post in a color other then white on white, so people can actually read it, and we already have a policy about posting pictures to stop spammers, If we make it difficult to sell items, we might miss the really cool item or rare item, that someone new might have for sale. I really have no use for buying noobs anyway, they often don't know anything about the car and you keep tripping over them all the time, now if they wash dishes or clean house, they could be useful.
If we put reflectors on the noobs then we wont trip over them. lol and in this noobs case hes just trying to sell the headlight buckets that he cut the trim lip off of and hes calling them custom. but any ways i still think we should put reflectors on the noobs

charliekuney
05-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale.

To me, you just answered your own question. If you see that they only have eight posts, don't buy it from them. Though, it would be nice for them to just not post their crap at all...

2oodoor
05-02-2010, 01:30 PM
my fonts are all huge today, what the heck.. W7 or what.

I dont know what difference it makes, you dont know them from dicks hatband on ebay either, or CL. You have to use intuition and mature judgement before you purchase and even then its a crap shoot as I discovered. :deadhorse:

lostforawhile
05-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I still can't see why noobs are for sale.

lostforawhile
05-02-2010, 08:32 PM
http://kisd.de/~jg/sweets/gross/noobs_westermann.jpg

A18A
05-02-2010, 08:48 PM
they look like those things from pacman

lostforawhile
05-02-2010, 09:56 PM
they look like those things from pacman

well noobs do kind of float around and eat bandwidth, and saying anything stupid is like giving pac man one of the energy pills, because then they get eaten alive

OldSchool86
05-03-2010, 10:21 AM
haha ooohh. I'm so glad i started this thread it gives me something to laugh at every day. lol hahaha this tread is the first thing that pops up when you type "noobs for sale" into google..:rockon:

frantik
05-04-2010, 05:07 AM
What if a person is just here to sell their 86-89 Accord and has no interest in 3geez?

if they have a nice car, buy it

Harrison_Bergeron
05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
if they have a nice car, buy it

I'm saying that that person would have little reason to post 8 posts or jump through any other hoops to be able to post their ad, they could just put it up on Craigslist and be done with it.

lostforawhile
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm saying that that person would have little reason to post 8 posts or jump through any other hoops to be able to post their ad, they could just put it up on Craigslist and be done with it.

well they may figure out they have a better chance of selling it here, plus they don't have to put up with the BS on craigslist

-$MOKIN-
05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
:flip:For me i dont have a problem with people tryin to sell items on here. the more oprotunity to get product the better. But its still better to be the one to have it instead of looking for it.:flip:

guaynabo89
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Let the noobs sell their stuff, I mean really why not. Cb7 tuner has a stupid rule like that. something like 30 posts.

I had all this stuff from my 4th gen for sale but couldnt post up cause of that rule. I wound up selling most of my stuff locally on craigslist. Alot of rare and good stuff too. cb7 missed out just for that rule.

I wasnt going to whore up the board just to get 30 posts.

charliekuney
05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
^ Couldn't your first 30 be pictures and lists of what you're selling? :)

OldSchool86
05-07-2010, 07:46 AM
:flip:For me i dont have a problem with people tryin to sell items on here. the more oprotunity to get product the better. But its still better to be the one to have it instead of looking for it.:flip:
I really don't care either, I just like start shit every once in awhile just because I'm board. Lol

guaynabo89
05-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale. There should be a min. amount of post allowed, min. amount of time registered or they can support the foundation by becoming/buying a "Foundation Membership" Just my opinion

I really don't care either, I just like start shit every once in awhile just because I'm board. Lol

A little bipolar arent we.:nuts:

accordion89
05-08-2010, 07:06 PM
b20a come get it, 5 post.....

A18A
05-08-2010, 07:13 PM
i think its good that they come here to try sell their stuff. giving us 3rd gen accord enthusiasts the first dibs to get their stuff before they try selling elsewhere/dumping it

OldSchool86
05-08-2010, 09:29 PM
A little bipolar arent we.:nuts:
Maybe just a little:lol::dunno::crying:

88haines
05-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Thank You. I once owned 2 3rd Gens, haven't owned one for 4 years yet have held on to some items knowing that someone from this site would want them. considering your the only people who drive these cars still. I just wanna get rid of these parts to a good home instead of throwing them out when I know someone prob. wanted it.

2nd

im selling old parts ex. xenon bodykit

I know some are bent up over bodykits (xenon original kit made for this car alone???) because they like to follow trend/fad and make the car JDM or stealth sleeper, but they're still are some who would like this kit, who are a part of this site but because of some members who are opinionated a little too loud, don't look into purchasing the kit.

I'm not concerned to sell the kit that bad anymore, i posted it because i'm about to throw it out, it takes up garage space.

-$MOKIN-
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Thank You. I once owned 2 3rd Gens, haven't owned one for 4 years yet have held on to some items knowing that someone from this site would want them. considering your the only people who drive these cars still. I just wanna get rid of these parts to a good home instead of throwing them out when I know someone prob. wanted it.

2nd

im selling old parts ex. xenon bodykit

I know some are bent up over bodykits (xenon original kit made for this car alone???) because they like to follow trend/fad and make the car JDM or stealth sleeper, but they're still are some who would like this kit, who are a part of this site but because of some members who are opinionated a little too loud, don't look into purchasing the kit.

I'm not concerned to sell the kit that bad anymore, i posted it because i'm about to throw it out, it takes up garage space.

hey dude call me 5134296235 i wanna talk to you about the kit.. call asap

itzdave
05-10-2010, 03:55 PM

haha, we got ur number...
stand by for prank calls, lol.
j/k. but a pm would be smarter.

OldSchool86
05-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Dude that is so weird!....... My Grandmother has that # in her phone listed as "Booty Call" LOl.:werd:

A18A
05-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Dude that is so weird!....... My Grandmother has that # in her phone listed as "Booty Call" LOl.:werd:
i dunno what's funnier, that^, or the fact that you remember the number stored in your grandmothers phone as booty call :rofl:

OldSchool86
05-10-2010, 09:36 PM
i dunno what's funnier, that^, or the fact that you remember the number stored in your grandmothers phone as booty call :rofl:
That DAMN Granny "O" mine:rant:Shes always doing my freinds. but its cool she makes me cookies!:rockon:

A18A
05-10-2010, 09:47 PM
oh yay cookies ftw then :D i like ones with chocolate chips

OldSchool86
05-10-2010, 10:33 PM
http://www.toonsonice.com/402chipcookies.jpg

A18A
05-10-2010, 10:37 PM
cdsf DO WANT!

OldSchool86
05-10-2010, 10:57 PM
cdsf DO WANT!
Ok I dont know all the short hand. "cdsf" what is this?

A18A
05-10-2010, 11:57 PM
i pressed some random letters in lowercase, so when i typed 'DO WANT" it would be all in capitals, otherwise the forum would change it to lowercase letters. I don't roll like that. alternatively, cdsf could stand for something funny (I'm unable to come up with something humours at the moment though)

OldSchool86
05-11-2010, 06:34 AM
i pressed some random letters in lowercase, so when i typed 'DO WANT" it would be all in capitals, otherwise the forum would change it to lowercase letters. I don't roll like that. alternatively, cdsf could stand for something funny (I'm unable to come up with something humours at the moment though)
Oh ok.