PDA

View Full Version : Koni's + ?? springs?

ACE_14
05-06-2010, 09:08 PM
These questions pretty much go out to who ever has Koni's.

What springs/coilovers are you using with them?

What settings do you have them at(Stiff or Soft)?

Do you like the ride?

I was going to use the Weapon-R coilovers I have, but the sleeves are too tall for the front struts. So I'm debating wheater or not to use the H&R's I have, or save up for some Ground Control coilovers. Any info. would be great. Thanks.

2drSE-i
05-06-2010, 09:39 PM
I have tokico springs, with the struts set at full hard. Its kinda rough, but fairly aggressive. I would say of the available springs, go with eibach sport springs.

AccordB20A
05-07-2010, 12:57 AM
my koni shocks are set to half stiffness, all im using for springs are some cheap nzdm king lowering springs which are probably the same rate as factory haha

i also want some decent springs but good luck finding anything decent over here

frantik
05-07-2010, 01:47 AM
i have eibach sportlines and konis in the front.. i like em.. never tried any others though

AZmike
05-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Koni's one turn from full soft with H&R springs. The ride is firm, but pretty well controlled.

RobT5580
05-08-2010, 05:09 AM
H&R's are a great daily setup and definitely stay away from the weapon r's they were the worst ride ever.

mykwikcoupe
05-08-2010, 05:57 AM
Ive got the ground controls now and they ride good and stiff but for a daily driven car youre going to put some miles on go with a lighter spring. I had the sprint springs on them and liked them alot. I only changed to the coilover so I could lower the front a little more to make the ride more level. Weapon r setup has never gotten any good words from anyone unless you like hard rigid rides with little to no travel.

MessyHonda
05-09-2010, 11:25 PM
i have konis with progresive 2inch drop springs...kinda low for daily driving..bur ride is nice...on my other car im going koni, neuspeed(same spec as h&r)

Strugglebucket
05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets18.html
Scroll down to the bottom of this page for some interesting reading on Konis and the rebound adjustment.

ACE_14
05-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Just out of curiousity, if I were to put these up for sale, would anybody be interested?

I'm debating if I want to sell these for 2 reasons:

1: Do I REALLY need these for the type of driving I put my car through? It's my DD. I'm sure there's someone out there that needs the ajustability for race use or something? Tokicos have been good to me so far for daily driving.

2: I need money.

So if there's anyone out there that NEEDS the set for a race or project car, let me know, I may be willing to part with them. Just remember what these are worth peeps.

This is NOT a definite FOR SALE ad.

markmdz89hatch
05-20-2010, 12:09 PM
I've got the Koni's on all 4 with B&G's. Koni's set about a 1/4 turn from full stiff (from what I can remember) and the ride is very tight, but also pretty stiff (thanks to the springs).

How many miles on your Koni's? What stiffness did you keep them at? What springs did you keep on them? How long were they installed on the car?

If you're asking if you can take the Koni's off and just use Toki's instead, the answer to that entirely depends on what springs you're running. If it's a lowering spring, I'm just going to start the answer with 'no, the Toki's are not up to the task', but let's get more info before I stick to that answer.

ACE_14
05-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Right now my car has Tokicos w/ H&R springs and I like the ride.

The Koni's are brand new in box w/ 0 miles on them. Never even had springs mounted on them. The paint is a bit chipped D/T them being a shelf display set.