PDA

View Full Version : White smoke - ughhhhh damn car.

Edison Carasio
05-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Late last night about 9 pm or so I went out to the Accord when I got home from my girlfreind's. I wanted to start it up and let it run to charge the battery. I while checking the tail lights to make sure they still work, I noticed white smoke coming from the exhaust. Not like billowing out but kinda puff puff puffing out. I'm assuming bad rings on the pistons or a bad head gasket (I have oil leaking in the engine bay too). Uggh. I'm gonna call the junk yard I think to come get it and sell my BRAND NEW axles and clutch on eBay.

What do you guys think?

Lil Mike
05-12-2010, 04:05 AM
well depending how cold it was it probably was just condensation in the exhaust and is nothing to worry about, if it continues when warm you got a problem.

Edison Carasio
05-12-2010, 04:41 AM
well depending how cold it was it probably was just condensation in the exhaust and is nothing to worry about, if it continues when warm you got a problem.

It wasn't very cold but rain was moving in so I'm hoping that the humidity or something was causing the exhaust to look smokey. I'm just always expecting the worst. lol

cubert
05-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Dont drive yourself crazy over it. Like Mike said its probably condensation.

JordanQ
05-12-2010, 06:26 AM
for the love of god please don't junk the car because of a simple issue!

if these engines weren't meant to be fixed they wouldn't have come with piston rings!

the head gasket wouldn't be a changable part if they just wanted you to says "well, its done for"

please fix it, or atleast sell me the engine so i can get bumblebee back on the road?

Edison Carasio
05-12-2010, 07:09 AM
for the love of god please don't junk the car because of a simple issue!

if these engines weren't meant to be fixed they wouldn't have come with piston rings!

the head gasket wouldn't be a changable part if they just wanted you to says "well, its done for"

please fix it, or atleast sell me the engine so i can get bumblebee back on the road?

If you were close enough I probably would. It's just a hassle to keep finding issues once I spend money fixing something else. I've owned the car for 6 months and have not drove more then a single block away from my house.

cubert
05-12-2010, 08:00 AM
If you were close enough I probably would. It's just a hassle to keep finding issues once I spend money fixing something else. I've owned the car for 6 months and have not drove more then a single block away from my house.

Damn...youve got a hell of a lot more patience than I do... :lol:

Edison Carasio
05-12-2010, 08:04 AM
I'm trying to get it to 100% running so I can sell my Fit to Carmax, but I'm starting to lose patience. I need to get rid of the Fit and it's payments and this Accord is setting me back further and further. Now the windshield is cracked due to a rock from a lawnmower hitting it. ARGHGHGHGHG

a20soda
05-12-2010, 08:15 AM
windshield = really doesnt matter
smoke = let it sit running, let oil circulate so the piston rings/seals lube up and seal.

my car smokes on startup after sitting for 1+ days. after it warms a tad, after say 3 minutes, no smoke and none for the rest of the day. enging runs amazing. dont worry about a little smoke.

Edison Carasio
05-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Started it up yesterday, didn't see anything.

JordanQ
05-19-2010, 07:17 AM
good. now sell it to me :D

2oodoor
05-19-2010, 08:22 AM

no wonder, youve got an ass load of condensation in that exhaust because you are NOT DRIVING IT!!
what do I think? you need to quit nit picking it and drive it like you stole it, trust me on this one:banghead: