PDA

View Full Version : got a lil 3 gee tail to tell

JackTheOncelor
05-16-2010, 12:25 AM
well i was driving my 88 lx when my trannie went bad...no 3rd gear no reverse i was expecting this for sometime. my local scrap yard will give $250 for any complete car running or not. well it just so happens that the next day i find the EXACT SAME ACCORD. only its a stick shift! :P. for what? $250 awesome same color and everything. lol i got 2 red 88 accords sitting in my driveway right now and once i do a bit of swaping peices i want from my old auto trans accord ima haul her off to pull and save for my money back. just thought i would share that with ya all cuz im stoked about it. xD

lostforawhile
05-16-2010, 06:17 AM
well i was driving my 88 lx when my trannie went bad...no 3rd gear no reverse i was expecting this for sometime. my local scrap yard will give $250 for any complete car running or not. well it just so happens that the next day i find the EXACT SAME ACCORD. only its a stick shift! :P. for what? $250 awesome same color and everything. lol i got 2 red 88 accords sitting in my driveway right now and once i do a bit of swaping peices i want from my old auto trans accord ima haul her off to pull and save for my money back. just thought i would share that with ya all cuz im stoked about it. xD
why not get a used tranny and fix the broke one too? then you will have two cars. unless you want the scrap guy to make a fortune on your car,then crush it

LXiHatch88
05-16-2010, 07:18 AM
why not get a used tranny and fix the broke one too? then you will have two cars. unless you want the scrap guy to make a fortune on your car,then crush it

Yea, really. At least try putting it up for sale on craigslist or something first.

ecogabriel
05-16-2010, 07:20 AM
If you are in GA or nearby; I have an auto trans in my basement. It would need a torque converter if you want to get rid of the vibration at idle but otherwise worked OK

JackTheOncelor
05-28-2010, 06:37 PM
ehh trans swaps are to much work for me why spend tons of money to fix it if i can buy an 89 lxi for 500 bux. but if i had the knowledge and tool to do a trans swap i probably would have becouse i love 3 geez :P

lostforawhile
05-28-2010, 07:20 PM
ehh trans swaps are to much work for me why spend tons of money to fix it if i can buy an 89 lxi for 500 bux. but if i had the knowledge and tool to do a trans swap i probably would have becouse i love 3 geez :P

why spend 300 bucks when someone is offering to give you a transmission?

ghettogeddy
05-28-2010, 07:24 PM
why spend 300 bucks when someone is offering to give you a transmission?

lost some people dont have the time money or patience for a trans swap
i know i used to be able to do it. hell i dont even have time to swap a fn throttle body lol