PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know about these

Grant2k
10-08-2002, 10:59 AM
ok, here is what i have. my neighbors gave me an alpine 3 disc changer, in dash. It goes into a tuner under the front seat, and then to a small amp. The problem is that there are no pre-amps. everything has to be amped, which means that all those stock paper speakers are running off the same amp as my subs. This equals blown out stock speakers and underpowered subs. The amp provides enough power to vibrate the whole car and make your head hurt with the subs, but then the other speakers pop and i have to turn the base down. If i replace the stock speakers with like good 6 1/2"s all around i think they could handle the amp. but does anybody know of a way to work another, larger amp into this combo for the subs? is anybody familiar with these systems at all? are there pre-amps somewhere that i am missing?

smufguy
10-13-2002, 09:04 PM
okay, the easiest thing to do like we did on my friend's 96 mustang was to run the 4 speakers in the cabin directly as the factory set up. the speakers were aftermarket ones which matched the output of the player deck. if the deck specifies 40 X 4, then the speakers should be rated at 40W (nothing more, nothing less). if the wattage is more, u blow ur head unit, if its less, as u know, u fuck up ur speakers. THen we took the preout on the head unit and ran it to the seperate 2 channel amp for his two 12" infinity.

He does have a sony 10 disk changer, but i dont know how he wired it cause he did it by himself.