PDA

View Full Version : Bad Tint Job?

mushroom_toy
05-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Well no pics as of yet because I dont want to ruin it...and I want to let it cure a while. The guy that did my tint did a pretty good job..really the only place im unhappy about is the rear window...dot matrix covering is quite good, but ive got some visible waves when looking through the rear glass. i called him and a bunch of tint shops though and they said itll take a week or two to cure and it should come out and even longer to fully cure. Now if it doesnt fix itself and the few bubble like places on the window dont come out im gonna go back and either get him to replace it...or ask for most or all of my money back and get it tinted at a reputable shop. Reason I didnt start out with a shop is because this guy has done all of my brothers cars back in the day and they were 100% perfect. Windshield and all other windows look good though. Guess Ill have to see.

danny nr crew
05-17-2010, 07:24 PM
nice tint really changes a car i know it did for mine.
i usually do my own tinting im not a proffesional but i get the job done
and now i wanna see pics
also good luck with the tint on the rear window

mushroom_toy
05-17-2010, 07:33 PM
It actually is flattening out some...I guess Im gonna give it a few weeks.

ShyBoyCA6
05-17-2010, 08:19 PM
hmm same here i got lil bubbles on mine cause of the angle of the rear window is a bit hard to get it on there but hope you get it fixed as i need to take my car back for 2 windows, one behind the drivers window and the whole rear window fixed and bubble free but i got warrenty so its covered. if they give warrenty in the shop take the lifetime.

MessyHonda
05-17-2010, 10:58 PM
should be fine...tint takes couple days to cure

DBMaster
05-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I got my tint replaced after 18 years - it was delaminating. Since I had it done in January during what is considered "cold" in Texas it took about a week or so for all the bubbles to fade away. New tint has a different look to it than old tint. I went premium both times. What a difference in the way interior looks after 21 years. No faded door panels, no split back seat. There are some drawbacks, but overall it is one of the things you can do that really preserve your car's interior and give you extra comfort at the same time.

frantik
05-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Windshield and all other windows look good though. Guess Ill have to see.

you got your front windshield tinted?

from "tint dude"

Drying time:

Your new window film will take about 3 to 5 days to fully dry, sometimes a lot longer depending on film brand, type, and weather conditions. Until this time your tinted windows may appear hazy or lumpy, and it may seem to have water bubbles. Do not roll your tinted windows down until dry!

http://www.tintdude.com/care.html

STITCHES
05-22-2010, 07:00 AM
I've seen some windshields tinted about 50%, it looks really slick on the right cars.

I had my tint done about 5 months ago. It looks really good but the guy that did it took off my old lighter tint and left a bunch of effin glue all over my interior. I'm still finding it every time I vacuum the interior and makes me pissed.

charliekuney
05-22-2010, 07:56 PM
It's been about a week. Any changes?

mushroom_toy
05-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah I got the front tinted. I have very sensitive eyes...and i always wear sunglasses, even with the windshield at 50% I still wear sunglasses.

lostforawhile
05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
If I ever get mine tinted, I have extra front windows I'm getting tinted OFF the car, I don't have AC so there's no way i can go for weeks with my windows rolled up.

86ccord
05-24-2010, 08:43 AM
If I ever get mine tinted, I have extra front windows I'm getting tinted OFF the car, I don't have AC so there's no way i can go for weeks with my windows rolled up.

get it done in the winter..

Strahan
05-29-2010, 06:23 AM
I have the same problem.. a month later I still have areas where the tint isn't making good contact, especially around the back window edges where there are dots. The tint shop guy said there isn't anything he can do, makes me think it's time to find another tint guy heh.

frantik
05-31-2010, 01:12 AM
problems sticking around the dots are common, but if there are bubbles or gaps elsewhere you should get it redone imo

89T
05-31-2010, 06:53 AM
the waves are normal. It's water trapped between the film and glass. The dot's are the worst to get the film to stick. If you get any actual air pockets then I'd take it back immediately.