PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System no power

Fuzy Navel
05-19-2010, 06:38 PM
I have a 88 accord lxi a20a3, I am not getting any power to the fuel pump, I disconnected the main relay and did what the manual said and ran a jumper wire from a postive to the fuel pump on the connector end, and used a test light to check for power and fuel pump and i am not getting anything, fuel pump fuse is good, would the Fuel system resistor cause it not to get power ? its the only thing I can think of, let me know what you think thanks, Oh and if anybody lives close to joplin, missouri area and wants a a20a3 engine block real cheap and maybe some oil pans and factory intakes with injectors let me know I am cleaning out my garage also got a head and a valve cover and cam and other little stuff

Oldblueaccord
05-22-2010, 06:17 AM
Um not sure if your testing the pump correctly. With the main relay removed there be no power on the wire to the pump that i can think of.

If you think its the pump run a 12v wire to the pump off the battery.

If you think its the main relay use the procedure I have here or on the techmeup site and jump the post and see if it will start.

wp

1987AccordLx-i
05-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I have a 88 accord lxi a20a3, I am not getting any power to the fuel pump, I disconnected the main relay and did what the manual said and ran a jumper wire from a postive to the fuel pump on the connector end, and used a test light to check for power and fuel pump and i am not getting anything, fuel pump fuse is good, would the Fuel system resistor cause it not to get power ? its the only thing I can think of, let me know what you think thanks, Oh and if anybody lives close to joplin, missouri area and wants a a20a3 engine block real cheap and maybe some oil pans and factory intakes with injectors let me know I am cleaning out my garage also got a head and a valve cover and cam and other little stuff

put the relay back and use a test light (grounded) and see if your getting power to the terminal that connects to the fuel pump assembly... you should get some results there.. if not then the relay could be damaged beyond repair.. if you are getting power then the fuel pump may be needing replacement