PDA

View Full Version : Noob question about JDM front end.

87BLUELX-i
05-19-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but I've been searching for over an hour and can't really find a solid answer anywhere on the net. I may just be a goon, but here it goes.
Is there any way possible to acquire a JDM front end for a 87 Accord on US soil?
I would like to convert my flip-up headlights to the JDM set-up. I also saw where someone did a custom set of projector headlights on here, those are definitely bad-ass.
Thanks for looking and have a good one.
NH

ghettogeddy
05-19-2010, 08:14 PM
you would have to find some one who imports a full front clip

you need fenders, corners, lights, hood, rad support and the whole front firewall

Vanilla Sky
05-19-2010, 08:46 PM
Are you dead set on the CA conversion, or do you just want to get rid of the flip-up lights?

87BLUELX-i
05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
I haven't really decided, I would like to do something different with the front end, especially a jdm conversion. But if anyone has any good ideas let me know, I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks,
NH

Vanilla Sky
05-19-2010, 09:20 PM
You could get other headlights to match up. There's been a bugeye Prelude swap that looked pretty good.

A18A
05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
dont be surprised if it costs over a grand just to get the parts to convert from pop-ups to fixed headlights

87BLUELX-i
05-19-2010, 10:10 PM
The 87 Accord JDM headlights and corners seem to be really close to the 88-91 CRX/Civic headlights? Does anyone else think so?
I think I would rather try to massage a set of CRX headlights and corners into it rather than go through the hassle of paying for the imported parts, and then changing them out. Especially if it involves replacing the firewall! I may buy a hood and two fenders and start cutting and slapping the sheet metal and bondo to them, and reworking the headlight inlets on my car.
That way I can try to get the hood and fenders right and still drive it, just test fit them when needed. We'll see, I have to do some measuring and pondering before I take that task on.

87BLUELX-i
05-19-2010, 10:12 PM
dont be surprised if it costs over a grand just to get the parts to convert from pop-ups to fixed headlights
That's what I was thinking as well, I wish I could happen upon someone who had already imported such parts. But that would be like trying to find a needle in a stack of needles.
http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/03/30/19/01/pic-28773.jpeg
This is exactly what I'm looking for, sans the huge driving lights.

Tomisimo
05-20-2010, 08:18 AM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/Accord/008_resize.jpg
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/Accord/006_resize.jpg
And JDM rear.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k313/Tomisimo/My%20Honda/SP_A0201.jpg

87BLUELX-i
05-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Tomisimo, are those lights on the rear bumper wired in to the brake light circuit?
BTW, that car is sweet as hell.

Tomisimo
05-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Its EDM option, those are fog lights.

Nafs Asdf
05-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Its EDM option, those are fog lights.

I don't think they were an option, but rather required. I think pretty much all EDM cars have rear fog lights in some form or another.

They're really usefull in fog/snow storms too. With the car in front of you having them on, you can actually see it without driving bumper to bumper. But it sucks big time for the one behind if it's clear weather and dark and the guy in front of you have them turned on, they're really bright compared to normal rear lights. The same is true for front fogs too.

And why the fudge would you replace the firewall? o.O
Even if you got the half cut, it doesn't mean you have to swap the whole thing in...

Also, if you were to get the headlights from Japan, they'd be wrong for you since they're for RHD traffic. If you wanted the correct light pattern you'd have to get them from europe. But it all comes down to the shipping, which would cost a lot. The parts themselves should not be that much tho it might actually be cheaper to buy a whole car than just the fenders/hood and lights from a JY.

Tomisimo
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Thanks Dennis that you took time to explaining it. I meant that it was EDM option, that differs from USDM and JDM accords.

And I second what he said, it would be much easier to get the whole thing over, you'll than get if you lucky B20a, along with SEi rear disc conversion, EDM/JDM front. and interior, somehow EDM Accords got slightly different interior patterns and senter console is different from JDM/USDM, and all got SEi back seat with armrest and head supports.

ShyBoyCA6
05-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I want a emd accord they look better then usdm accord

charliekuney
05-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Imagine that front end on a coupe, hatch or Aerodeck... :D

lostforawhile
05-20-2010, 03:11 PM
why does everyone want to get rid of the flip up lights? they are what make the car unique and one of it's coolest features

A18A
05-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Imagine that front end on a coupe, hatch or Aerodeck... :D

??
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/5855/9167bf77.jpg

87BLUELX-i
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
I just finished painting the tops of my front and rear bumpers, and the side trim to match the paintjob on my car. It had turned into this faded white swirl looking color, I was going to go back with the black trim, but I found some paint that matched it up pretty close, it turned out really nice. I'm still pondering over a headlight swap. I've thought about also buying a set of the shaved flip-up lights I've seen on here, and shaving the turn signals as well. I think that would look pretty good. We'll see how the part search goes.

87BLUELX-i
05-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, it looks like it is going to be impossible to find an EDM/JDM front end for this one. But that's all right, the flip-ups are still pretty bad ass, really the whole car is bad ass. I think I will probably stick with the USDM front end. I'm still going to shave the turn signals on the fenders, and probably shave the flip-ups as well. I'll have some pics posted as soon as I get the USB port on my damn camera fixed.

lostforawhile
05-23-2010, 01:54 PM
I wonder if the Japanese guys go to this much trouble to get the usdm front end with the flip up's? they are into technology and stuff that is automated, you think they would love the flip ups

accordion89
05-23-2010, 02:49 PM
I wonder if the Japanese guys go to this much trouble to get the usdm front end with the flip up's? they are into technology and stuff that is automated, you think they would love the flip ups

we need to open a trading chanel for these fron clips

A18A
05-23-2010, 03:20 PM

wouldn't be a problem for them since over half the accords there came with the pop-up head lights

AccordB20A
05-23-2010, 05:22 PM
buy some JDM corner lights for your popup light equipped car and if its not already, Facelift it with a 88-89 front bumper and bumper lights, makes it look like a whole new car. i has facelift JDM corners for $40US shipped if your interested