PDA

View Full Version : ITB for the B20A?

87BLUELX-i
05-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know if you can get, or use from another engine, an ITB set-up for the gold top engines?
I've heard some mixed reviews of Individual Throttle Bodies, but I would like to see that set-up under the hood of a 3gee. I think it would be a nice set-up.
NH

lostforawhile
05-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I think it would look bad ass if it could be pulled off, if you are using an independent engine management system I don't see why it would be any different then any other ITB setup

A18A
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
try some off a blacktop 4age to fit, should almost be a direct bolt on.

Tomisimo
05-20-2010, 07:51 AM
I suggest you search about this and see what was done already, maybe you learn something :)

Lok
07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know if you can get, or use from another engine, an ITB set-up for the gold top engines?
I've heard some mixed reviews of Individual Throttle Bodies, but I would like to see that set-up under the hood of a 3gee. I think it would be a nice set-up.
NH

I think this company make kit for A20 and B20 ass well:

http://www.extrudabody.biz/servlet/the-306/KIT-cln--Honda-A20-Motor/Detail

Regards

jpetrovic
07-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Price: $1,349.00
Retail: $1,349.00
You Save: $0.00

haha, well thats the the price for a whole Nuther Accord :P
ehh but srlsy that would look beast on the A20.

rjudgey
07-11-2010, 02:44 PM
B20A needs bigger bore bodies than the toyota one to get the most out the engine. But as a cheap alernative and gives you a good noise and bit more oomph you can get away with it.

MessyHonda
07-12-2010, 10:31 AM
yeah you would have to have a serious NA build for those...i would just get a b16 manifold with a bigger throttle body

Hauntd ca3
07-15-2010, 01:26 AM
B20A needs bigger bore bodies than the toyota one to get the most out the engine. But as a cheap alernative and gives you a good noise and bit more oomph you can get away with it.

the blacktop quads will support a 4age well past where an a series or a b20a will be throwing rods out of block.
with 4x46 mm throttle bodies they'll be finefor 99.99% of us here.
they'll out flow 45dcoe in theory.
and for what it cost to buy,make a maniflod and ecu, a tune, are prob cheaper than 2 new or rebuilt 45dcoe's or even dhla's for that matter.

A18A
07-15-2010, 03:06 AM
i reckon with some minor modifications & some port matching, the blacktop itbs should bolt straight onto the b20a head. i think the only thing stopping the b-series people from doing that is cause their heads have a water line going into the manifold from the head.. which we where lucky enough to not get :)
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/deanistheginge/projectCRX016.jpg
^that's them on a b16a flange

Hauntd ca3
07-15-2010, 04:39 PM
just picked myself these up today, dont they just look a peach!http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq140/h4untdca3/quads006.jpg
they have a channel machined in the flange that links the runners together for a map signal so all that really needs to be done is to cut up a manifold,get an adaptor plate welded to it and amke the honda tps work on the toyota quads. hopefully it will work alright

A18A
07-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Moar pics!11

cygnus x-1
07-16-2010, 08:34 PM
What are you going to tune them with? OBD1 or standalone? Whatever you do, do not try and respace the TBs, use the manifold to do the spacing transition. 46mm bores are plenty big enough.

C|

Hauntd ca3
07-16-2010, 09:54 PM
am going to have to make a short adaptor manifold as the port spacing isnt quite the same. will only be 2 inches long so shouldnt be to bad.
am going to try and fool the factory ecu and see how it runs.
since the blacktop 4age runs a map sensor set up, there is a port to plug straight on to for that. the toyota injectors are 12 ohms, so will bypass the injector resistor box and see how it works. will make the honda tps fit the toyota manifold and mount the air temp sensor in the air box i'll make for it.
if it turns to shit( i.e wont run properly) megasquirt v3 are like $575 ready to wire in, so will go that route. and teh fact that they are 1/4 the price of the best standalone we have down here makes that decision a bit easier if i have to go that way. might go MS anyway, but see how much differant the two ways are

cygnus x-1
07-17-2010, 07:49 AM
am going to have to make a short adaptor manifold as the port spacing isnt quite the same. will only be 2 inches long so shouldnt be to bad.

That's pretty short really. On my setup right now the throttle plates are about 6" from the head.

am going to try and fool the factory ecu and see how it runs.
since the blacktop 4age runs a map sensor set up, there is a port to plug straight on to for that. the toyota injectors are 12 ohms, so will bypass the injector resistor box and see how it works. will make the honda tps fit the toyota manifold and mount the air temp sensor in the air box i'll make for it.
if it turns to shit( i.e wont run properly) megasquirt v3 are like $575 ready to wire in, so will go that route. and teh fact that they are 1/4 the price of the best standalone we have down here makes that decision a bit easier if i have to go that way. might go MS anyway, but see how much differant the two ways are

Will be interesting to see what the factory ECU does. I predict it will run like crap, although it may run ok at idle and low throttle. It's worth a shot anyway.

For the cost the MS is about as good as it gets. The new tuning software (TunderStudio) is incredible. It is SO worth the $40 to get the registered version with the live VE tuning.

C|

Hauntd ca3
07-21-2010, 01:17 AM
i just found a guy selling a microtech lts 10 ecu in town for less than what a decent megasquirt set up will cost. trying to arrange having a look at it. is about $600 USD , but its a lot of ecu for that. more than i really need.
will see if it is what i want

Civic Accord Honda
07-26-2010, 12:51 AM
moar pics

Hauntd ca3
07-26-2010, 01:50 AM
should have the itb to honda manifold flange cut out by tomorrow night.
trying to do it at work in my lunch breaks.
12mm alloy takes some time to cut with a jig saw.
going to try find someone with a big electric hacksaw to cut the honda mani where i want it. i cant cut straight with a hacksaw to save myself.
hopefully have it tacked together by the weekend

AccordB20A
07-26-2010, 02:09 AM
should be mint az y0