PDA

View Full Version : Damn this thing is dirty!

87BLUELX-i
05-21-2010, 01:57 PM
I've started to clean up the engine bay on my 87, and it is dirty as hell. The old guy I got it from never cleaned under the hood. But everything else is spotless. It has 23 years worth of pollen, dust, dirt, winter road grime, and grease everywhere. But it is coming out clean as a whistle, I started on the passenger side and I'm working my way across.
I was wondering if anyone can refer me to a thread on tucking the wires and vacuum lines on these cars. I've searched and found some pics that looked really nice. But I'm just looking for some tips if someone else has done it to theirs. Like where to relocate shit and stuff like that.
All of my hoses and vac lines are permanently stained this nasty brownish/yellow looking color. If I can find them new, I'll probably replace them. Because this is the way I see it, this car is 23 years old. Two more years and it will be considered a classic, "officially". I've never messed with the 3g model before now, but there is something about them that is just right. Now I understand why this forum has so many members.
But I'm looking to restore this car, and do some custom work as well. I don't forsee myself turning it into a race car, but I would definitely like to swap in a B20 and matching 5-speed, and tailor the car to look like a JDM/EDM import.
I also want to thank everyone for all of the great info on the site, it has given me a lot of motivation to build this car. When I bought it that was the last thing on my mind, but after seeing some of the bad-ass cars on this site, I have to build this car. It's just too damn nice too not fix it up.
Thanks for listening to my babbling.
NH