PDA

View Full Version : Washed the carpet in my 3g, now the car stinks.

Edison Carasio
05-24-2010, 05:48 AM
So I washed the carpet this weekend in my Accord, and when I opened it this morning to check something it smelled like it had been rained in. :( It smelled fine yesterday as I left the windows cracked but rolled em up last night before going to bed. I felt dry when I put it back in. Do you guys think I'm gonna have to yank it back out and ditch the sound deadening or what?

86ccord
05-24-2010, 08:45 AM
when you wash carpet with water and soap.. it may FEEL dry, when it actually isnt.. if you have a garage i would let it sit in there drying for a week just to make sure its completely dry..

Edison Carasio
05-24-2010, 09:13 AM
when you wash carpet with water and soap.. it may FEEL dry, when it actually isnt.. if you have a garage i would let it sit in there drying for a week just to make sure its completely dry..

Thanks. I'll try to take it over my girlfreinds and leave it on the deck or something. I live in an apartment so I don't have alot of places to keep it at my house.

3GLXIHatch
05-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Also after cleaning them open one of the doors on either side put a fan on the same side on the side you opened the door, crack the window on the opposite side about an inch and let the fan blow inside it for awhile (6-8 hours).. Main thing is try to suck as much water as u can after cleaning them

Edison Carasio
05-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Also after cleaning them open one of the doors on either side put a fan on the same side on the side you opened the door, crack the window on the opposite side about an inch and let the fan blow inside it for awhile (6-8 hours).. Main thing is try to suck as much water as u can after cleaning them

I'm not cleaning it with the carpet in the car, I'm stripping it out. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

mushroom_toy
05-24-2010, 02:04 PM
You need to take the carpet out...get a steam cleaner or good heavy duty carpet cleaner and stiff bristled brush and clean it good...then youre gonna want to use a wet-dry vac and vacuum most of the water out...then repeat process. Afterwars let it dry on a rack or laying against a railing or something in the sun for a couple of days.