PDA

View Full Version : well i raced a civic

Tdurr
05-24-2010, 06:54 PM
well last night i dropped my bro off at my sisters in gnit and was on my way back to the south side when i ran up on a green hatch with green hid's, bright orange painted wheels and a sticker that said got hatch? on it. I kinda pulled up beside him checking out the car like i do all modified ones and as im looking i notice he drops a gear(or two). Seeing how im not use to ppl even noticing me as a tuner at all it took a second to realize wut he was doing and well having a 2 hour ride in the car i say why not and drop to forth.

once i start to spool he stays at like car length ahead for the short lil 75-100pull.
we slow down to 50, i drop to 3rd and we take off i got a jump cuz of the lack of a horn but by 110 i had a few cars on him(like 3ish) and i decided to kinda run 4th out just cuz and by 130 i just saw his headlights in my side mirror. I figured he got outta the gas long before i looked back.

we slow up again just cuz he honks 3 times and for a 2nd time i put a few cars on him from a 50-110ish pull. and yea thats my lil ricer kill story. Sounded like a bseries tho and well.. once i get a new clutch and a legit tune ill be able to go full throttle ha, this was all at 6-8psi. running rich(like a 10.0:1afr)

danny nr crew
05-25-2010, 08:01 AM
haha sounds like u were having some fun

2ndGenGuy
05-25-2010, 08:57 AM
D-Series :kekeke:

Bglad420
05-25-2010, 09:20 AM
No offense, but this should be deleted, and locked. STREET RACING IS ILLEGAL!! So I think your an ass hat for doing this on public roads, and causing my insurance rates to go up..

MessyHonda
05-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Werd...don't race a untuned car... U just want to blow it up

AccordEpicenter
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
street racing is illegal waaa waaa blahblahblah says the guy with 420 in his username.

Got irony?

Edison Carasio
05-25-2010, 12:20 PM
We all do things that are "illegal". Get paid cash for jobs, speed, jay walk, have a few beers and walk home (public drunkeness) etc etc.

Let's not throw stones.

AccordEpicenter
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM
We all do things that are "illegal". Get paid cash for jobs, speed, jay walk, have a few beers and walk home (public drunkeness) etc etc.

Let's not throw stones.

agreed

Vanilla Sky
05-25-2010, 12:57 PM
My issue is that street racing draws unwanted attention to modified cars. I see no reason to race on the street. The attention it draws makes it harder for people that are responsible and take it to the track to drive their cars on the street. Ever been pulled for "modified exhaust?" That's as a result of street racing.

I'm not even going to touch on the danger of street racing, as that's another issue all together.

2ndGenGuy
05-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Modified exhaust is not because of street racing, it's because the police have some delusion that there's actually an association. And they have a hard-on for writing people up who are easy targets. Correlation does not imply causation.

Vanilla Sky
05-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Modified exhaust is not because of street racing, it's because the police have some delusion that there's actually an association.

EXACTLY my point. If there were no street racing, we wouldn't be harassed for a perfectly legal bolt-on cat back exhaust. It seems that most people think that if you modify your car, you must be street racing.

Just because I have a knife doesn't mean I'm going to stab you, and just because I have a gun doesn't mean I'm going to shoot you.

2ndGenGuy
05-25-2010, 01:39 PM
EXACTLY my point. If there were no street racing, we wouldn't be harassed for a perfectly legal bolt-on cat back exhaust.

What I'm saying is, we still would. Street racing is just the popular excuse. If not for street racing, it would just be something else. You can't blame street racers for causing your problems, when the problem lies with the po-lice officer who wants to find a reason to beat your ass with a billy club because he was picked on too much in high school.

The fact is, and you acknowledge that, they want to find some excuse. So just because street racing stopped, why would they suddenly not want to find an excuse?

But I digress, I would still rather run my car legally on a track.

blazin3gen
05-25-2010, 07:08 PM
well last night i dropped my bro off at my sisters in gnit and was on my way back to the south side when i ran up on a green hatch with green hid's, bright orange painted wheels and a sticker that said got hatch? on it. I kinda pulled up beside him checking out the car like i do all modified ones and as im looking i notice he drops a gear(or two). Seeing how im not use to ppl even noticing me as a tuner at all it took a second to realize wut he was doing and well having a 2 hour ride in the car i say why not and drop to forth.

once i start to spool he stays at like car length ahead for the short lil 75-100pull.
we slow down to 50, i drop to 3rd and we take off i got a jump cuz of the lack of a horn but by 110 i had a few cars on him(like 3ish) and i decided to kinda run 4th out just cuz and by 130 i just saw his headlights in my side mirror. I figured he got outta the gas long before i looked back.

we slow up again just cuz he honks 3 times and for a 2nd time i put a few cars on him from a 50-110ish pull. and yea thats my lil ricer kill story. Sounded like a bseries tho and well.. once i get a new clutch and a legit tune ill be able to go full throttle ha, this was all at 6-8psi. running rich(like a 10.0:1afr)

ur car is boosted?? where have i been lol!

dude i would of loved to have been in the car with u and seen dudes face lol

and yea illegal yada yadda yadda everyone does it, your telling me u drive the speed limit?

blazin3gen
05-25-2010, 07:09 PM
and btw i only have a problem when people race near school zones and residential residents where the speed limit there is 25mph

Vanilla Sky
05-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Driving 5 over /= street racing.

blazin3gen
05-25-2010, 07:15 PM
congrats your a mod now? wth?

Vanilla Sky
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Yup. I'm the mod for Sanctioned Racing.

AccordEpicenter
05-25-2010, 07:50 PM
and btw i only have a problem when people race near school zones and residential residents where the speed limit there is 25mph

yea that is dumb. I dont street race much anymore because there are an assload of cops around so youd be stupid to race. plus i have my class a now and i cant lose it.

Tomisimo
05-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Tim, I know you know better. Dont race on the roads, sure you can show of to someone, but then again, what you gain by winning? Its just not fly anymore. rather ask for a 20 on the hood and drag on some closed road. or where you can see far ahead.

But yes, congrats on the win! now that youre boosted :)

Bglad420
05-26-2010, 07:20 AM
...and yea illegal yada yadda yadda everyone does it, your telling me u drive the speed limit?

Yep I do, occasionally I creep a couple miles over. But speeding get you no where fast.

cubert
05-26-2010, 07:30 AM
lol @ comparing street racing to going over the speed limit....

2oodoor
05-26-2010, 09:11 AM
If you live in the Atlanta metro area such as Tdurr, you really dont notice a couple of cars going over the speed limit on I 75 where they allegedly were driving. Sometimes it takes going well over the limit to get the hell away from screwed up traffic or a tractor truck with an axle or tire about to go out.
Only the 130 mphthat is disturbing, that's just crazy and the "wace" was long over before then so it if took going that fast to get any kind of braggin rights "silly wabbit" Im puzzled.
Im sure it feels good to know where your car stands when compared to a textbook :rice:but but but

and anyone else here who is an entheusistististist can't honestly say :rolleyes:when you hear a small displacement car with a "tone" you don't turn you head to see if it's a decent looking car or a saturn with a busted muffler. =easy to pick out of the crowd which car is making noise isnt it....

ears are trained, just like when you catch a whiff of hydro burning it is highly detectable by the nose and you look around at like who could it be or where... same thing.

2oodoor
05-26-2010, 09:20 AM
:rofl:
D-Series :kekeke:
:rofl:

:mod:

dacantu
05-26-2010, 10:00 AM
dude props for you! :cheers:

i bet it feels good to smash on a car thats so ridiculously easy to modify, while you spent countless hours modifying/customizing parts your own. but yes you should definitely tune your car before you mess something up.

stat1K
05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
"sounded like a b-series"

thanks i lol'd.

2oodoor
05-26-2010, 02:46 PM

thanks i lol'd.

I was tempted to address that but passed...

logically I suppose you could make and educated guess by the sound since more than a majority of civics like this one are posers of seriously modified units and unless there was a swap involved it would not be breathing as intense , again logically who would put a bone stock B16 17, 18, 20, 22.5, 24 & 3/16ths in one if they were bothering at all yeah so it definatley would not sound the same.

Not to omit any well crafted other DEsigns out there oh K

lostforawhile
05-26-2010, 04:12 PM
better watch that racing here in Georgia, you'll get one of the super speeder tickets if not your car impounded for street racing, and good luck ever getting it back. It's true that the kids racing on the streets are what brings the cops down on anyone with an imported car and any kind of modification, too many bad apples spoil the entire bunch. and what about other people on the road doing 130? don't tell me if you blew a tire you are going to control your car? if a tire blows at that speed you are going for a ride and possibly kill someone, if not yourself, one of these cars will simply disintegrate at those speeds in a wreck, any Honda will, you lose it and hit the wall, you are probably going end over end into oncoming traffic. not trying to run you down, but it's not worth it!! what did you gain? bragging rights? why not go to a sanctioned drag race, one where you "run what you brung, " they have safety inspections and you need a helmet. I think Nopi runs them a lot up there, if you win at the track it's a real race with real bragging rights, not a street race boast. Don't die racing a riced up civic. I was stupid and young once and I nearly died doing this kind of shit, it's not worth it!!

I"m not putting you down, or anything, it's that there could have been a thread entitled, Tdurr dies in a street racing accident, the police aren't releasing details at this time, Be glad you are still here and are reading this, you are very lucky, a hundred things could have gone wrong at those speeds, tire, wheel bearings locked, etc. etc. any of them could have been fatal at those kinds of speeds

charliekuney
05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
one of these cars will simply disintegrate at those speeds in a wreck

Which is why I usually stop when my car starts shaking, which in this car is about 100mph (even though this car doesn't go past 110 in any conditions). Just saying.

lostforawhile
05-26-2010, 04:54 PM
dude props for you! :cheers:

i bet it feels good to smash on a car thats so ridiculously easy to modify, while you spent countless hours modifying/customizing parts your own. but yes you should definitely tune your car before you mess something up.

this is not cool at all, going to a track event and beating a car like this in front of a bunch of people,that's cool, a street race is not worth your life, ever!! but but but it won't happen to me!! ask the 17 year old in the morgue that question, no wait, you can't, he's dead!! one of the things I like about this forum is they don't encourage this kind of stuff, now they are working ion a sanctioned racing forum, that's a different thing completely, just be safe and keep it at the track, I'm sure the people driving home from work, or driving their kids home from school, don't want to participate in a "race" on the interstate, but with people street racing they have no choice. incidentally pretty much anything that is hit at 130 is going to destroyed, and innocent people killed, for bragging rights to something like this. Can you image the fallout if a minivan full of kids was killed by this? people would be screaming to get modified cars off of the road, and of course the politicians would enact some knee jerk law,

I'll encourage anyone on here to join SEMA, and drive responsibly on the streets, there are high up people every day who would love to destroy our hobby with stupid laws, you can help fight them with a free membership, and by keeping the race on the track. every time someone gets ion a wreck from a street race, it gives the people against us more excuses to ban modified cars. LIke I said I was stupid once , I was stopped by a tree from going over a gorge and dropping 200 feet down, I'm reminded of that every time my arthritis flares up, it was partially caused by damage from hitting that tree, Take it from the older members on here who have been around a long time, it's not worth it, I know that's hard to see you are young, but just trust us,

AccordEpicenter
05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
holy fuck! Couldnt you condense that shit into 1 post lost?

blazin3gen
05-26-2010, 07:06 PM

lmao!!!

Vanilla Sky
05-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Guys, chill out on Lost, he's just passionate against street racing.

charliekuney
05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
[long post]

I agree with you long term, but street racing isn't the only thing that causes major problems and death. I have more problems with people reading or texting and old people than I do with people weaving in and out of traffic.

ShyBoyCA6
05-26-2010, 07:54 PM
is it me or is this a bit off topics here??? and congrats on the win.

charliekuney
05-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Thread started about street racing.

People comment on negatives of street racing.

Still talking about street racing.

Still on topic.

lostforawhile
05-26-2010, 08:31 PM

sorry, I've just been there, and It nearly killed me, the last thing I want to see is someones on here's obituary, you have to balance the desire to want to beat the guy with the green wheels and your life, I think your life is far more important, racing in the street also brings the man down on everyone, in all areas of the car hobby, the police don't see any difference between the fart can civic and the car you have worked so hard on,it's all the same to them. so all the ricers driving like dipshits and the street racers bring them down on all people driving a Honda, or any kind of custom car

Civic Accord Honda
05-26-2010, 11:18 PM
going over the recommended speed limit in a canyon with 3-10 cars is not street racing :)

not that i can do that anymore as u-hauls can go around corners faster then my 4g

AccordB20A
05-27-2010, 03:41 AM
im all for unnecessary acceleration from a traffic light but i dont see the need to go over the speed limit, Id rather not get pwned for street racing, I tend to go hit up the back roads where the speed limit is 100km/h, but youd be keen to go over 70 on some of those roads haha

stat1K
05-27-2010, 07:50 AM
100kmh is nothing duder. most of our roads have higher limits than that. the limit on the way to tucson from phoenix down the i10 is 75 mph or 120 kmh...

as for our continuing discussion on the sounding like a b-series.

if it hit vtec and he heard a crossover you could say it sounded like an h22 or b16, but something as blanketed as that sounded like a b-series is a joke. the difference in sound from inside a car with the sound of your car overshadowing the other and the openness of an aftermarket exhaust would make it nearly impossible to distinguish the motor from another 4 cyl. if we were saying, "oh it sounded like a 4banger," or, "oh it sounded like a v8" those are completely different statements. there is a distinguishable tone between a different motor variant, but saying one sounded dual cam vs single cam is in my opinion something someone would say to add credibility to their win. like oh he must have had SOME power as he was able to hold up to my untuned slightly turbo'd a20... hence, laughter.

Nafs Asdf
05-27-2010, 08:39 AM
100kmh is nothing duder. most of our roads have higher limits than that. the limit on the way to tucson from phoenix down the i10 is 75 mph or 120 kmh...

You should read his post again. There's a slight difference between backroads and an interstate highway.

2oodoor
05-27-2010, 11:27 AM
saying one sounded dual cam vs single cam is in my opinion something someone would say to add credibility to their win. like oh he must have had SOME power as he was able to hold up to my untuned slightly turbo'd a20... hence, laughter.

:) nods head

mushroom_toy
05-27-2010, 04:10 PM
The thing most people dont realize is why we have a super speeder bill. A MAJORITY of people (probably 80-90%) drive over the speed limit on Georgias interstates. In a 65mph zone most cars are doing 80-90, which is why the super speeder bill that got passed is so convenient, because everyone does it, and will continue to do it. If you dont drive as fast as everyone else in Atlanta, you WILL get into a wreck. Not condoning the racing, just stating some facts.

lostforawhile
05-27-2010, 09:59 PM
The thing most people dont realize is why we have a super speeder bill. A MAJORITY of people (probably 80-90%) drive over the speed limit on Georgias interstates. In a 65mph zone most cars are doing 80-90, which is why the super speeder bill that got passed is so convenient, because everyone does it, and will continue to do it. If you dont drive as fast as everyone else in Atlanta, you WILL get into a wreck. Not condoning the racing, just stating some facts.

correct but if they caught them going that fast they are going to be screwed anyway. the new law will just generate an astronomical fine plus the possibility of jail time and the car seized.

Tdurr
05-27-2010, 10:11 PM
there is a distinguishable tone between a different motor variant, but saying one sounded dual cam vs single cam is in my opinion something someone would say to add credibility to their win. like oh he must have had SOME power as he was able to hold up to my untuned slightly turbo'd a20... hence, laughter.
um soo being 4feet away after creeping up on the car hearing him get in/out of it all the while having my windows down wont give me enough time to audibly pick up the motors tone? Esp at WOT seeing how he got on it before me. YEa okay. Sir I can tell 90% of the time what motor a honda has(series wise) just by the tone it has at idle. Its a skill i've picked up, i have good ears and well alot of the "fast" street hondas dont like to pop their hood down here so I've learned alot. Kthxbai.

Very true. that was honestly the first time ive even broken 100 in MONTHS. so yea I like to keep my license.

As for those who dont like street racing, you have some valid point, but i have DONE my personal research and street racing has been around ever since cars have been. Yea they can be bad but it has been proven that drunk drivers have more fatal accidents. The media just portrays all modified cars as "illegal street racers" who cant drive and race in traffic.

To those who got the real point of my Original post, i was at half throttle tops ;) and the tune thing, did i post up my AFR reading? 10.0:1. yea its not gonna blow up, just foul out my plugs haha
i kno shit can happen everyone, and well if it happens, it just happens. just like this whole thing. just randomness.

Tdurr
05-27-2010, 10:20 PM
correct but if they caught them going that fast they are going to be screwed anyway. the new law will just generate an astronomical fine plus the possibility of jail time and the car seized.

anything 34mph over ur supposed to get arrested, your car impounded without question.

the law just adds like 200-300ish to a ticket 25+over and a extra title of a "super speeder"

and if i was going 130 and a cop decided to try and chase me, id just keep going till i hit 150 for a min then dip on a exit and take back roads. The charger chase cars can only go 144mph, and most of the other ones do like 125ish. Its all planned. out man long before, just about the execution.

but all said and done, they didnt catch me. Im not running around sayin oh im hot shit blah blah blah. just informing some people about some random fun on 85.

lostforawhile
05-27-2010, 10:44 PM
anything 34mph over ur supposed to get arrested, your car impounded without question.

the law just adds like 200-300ish to a ticket 25+over and a extra title of a "super speeder"

and if i was going 130 and a cop decided to try and chase me, id just keep going till i hit 150 for a min then dip on a exit and take back roads. The charger chase cars can only go 144mph, and most of the other ones do like 125ish. Its all planned. out man long before, just about the execution.

but all said and done, they didnt catch me. Im not running around sayin oh im hot shit blah blah blah. just informing some people about some random fun on 85.
I'm not running you down, I'm just glad something didn't go wrong, it's just not worth your life for a few minutes of fun like that, I've been there nearly died doing the same thing, as far as outrunning the cops ,ain't gonna happen, you might think you can outrun the chargers but you can't outrun the radio. The running thing never works, you ought to know that, they will get you one way or another.

Civic Accord Honda
05-27-2010, 11:01 PM

if it hit vtec and he heard a crossover you could say it sounded like an h22 or b16, but something as blanketed as that sounded like a b-series is a joke. the difference in sound from inside a car with the sound of your car overshadowing the other and the openness of an aftermarket exhaust would make it nearly impossible to distinguish the motor from another 4 cyl. if we were saying, "oh it sounded like a 4banger," or, "oh it sounded like a v8" those are completely different statements. there is a distinguishable tone between a different motor variant, but saying one sounded dual cam vs single cam is in my opinion something someone would say to add credibility to their win. like oh he must have had SOME power as he was able to hold up to my untuned slightly turbo'd a20... hence, laughter.

it was a B if it would of been a built D he woulda of lost :D

no offense man lol but get your stuff tuned!! dont want to fuck the engine up after putting all the work in to it

AccordB20A
05-27-2010, 11:37 PM
theres like 10 different convos in this thread haha

if it was a b16a u shd have been able to pwn it, i pwnt a b16 with a passenger in an accord with a b20a once they arent hard unless its a light weight non riced ef/eg/ek hatch haha

but lets face it, 99/100 you will see a hard out riced car with all the extras, kit etc $1274858934 spend on cosmetics and you open the bonnet youll find a d16a carb or ZC

just dont get that car of urs impounded or crushed or anything plzkthx

cubert
05-28-2010, 05:23 AM

thanks i lol'd.

You can tell the difference...B-series have two vtaks!

A18A
05-28-2010, 05:31 AM
theres like 10 different convos in this thread haha

if it was a b16a u shd have been able to pwn it, i pwnt a b16 with a passenger in an accord with a b20a once they arent hard unless its a light weight non riced ef/eg/ek hatch haha

but lets face it, 99/10 you will see a hard out riced car with all the extras, kit etc $1274858934 spend on cosmetics and you open the bonnet youll find a d16a carb or ZC

just dont get that car of urs impounded or crushed or anything plzkthx

ninety-nine out of ten?

stat1K
05-28-2010, 06:51 AM
um soo being 4feet away after creeping up on the car hearing him get in/out of it all the while having my windows down wont give me enough time to audibly pick up the motors tone? Esp at WOT seeing how he got on it before me. YEa okay. Sir I can tell 90% of the time what motor a honda has(series wise) just by the tone it has at idle. Its a skill i've picked up, i have good ears and well alot of the "fast" street hondas dont like to pop their hood down here so I've learned alot. Kthxbai.

omgthelolzdontstop

2ndGenGuy
05-28-2010, 08:11 AM
omgthelolzdontstop

Haha iknowrite?

Also...

rolf :bowrofl: come on dude.... really?

Bglad420
05-28-2010, 08:25 AM

You do know they have radios and will just radio ahead. You'll get caught. ;)

Vanilla Sky
05-28-2010, 08:29 AM
I think this is starting to get a little out of hand. I think we all need to leave well enough alone and stop with the bashing.

ecogabriel
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
You do know they have radios and will just radio ahead. You'll get caught. ;)

I do not want to bash you but just add something to this. Just consider that other people use public roads. More people around=probability of a mistake turning deadly increases. It does not have to be your own error; just one error on their part and that's it.
I befriended a guy that almost killed himself doing street racing; another car swerved his way and trying to avoid the collision (@ about 90mph) he lost control and finished against a lightning column. The car split in two; by sheer luck he was strapped and remained inside.
One year after the accident he came back to work and show his "battle scars"; I felt the metal cover (what's the f... medical term) doctors used to fix his shattered skull. Not funny really. Add some broken bones all over, various cuts, and whatnot and you'll get the picture. Amazingly enough, he did not suffer any long term disabilities.

It is my belief (and some would come after me for saying this) that speed in itself does not kill; otherwise, German autobahns should be littered with corpses (and they are not). However, high speed plus inadequate conditions do kill. It does not matter that you can be at 101% form and your car can be at 110% in performance and safety; the environment is not up to the task. That would compound and make errors all the more dangerous and deadly.

I think this is starting to get a little out of hand. I think we all need to leave well enough alone and stop with the bashing.

x2

AccordB20A
05-28-2010, 12:43 PM
ninety-nine out of ten?

hahahah fixed

lostforawhile
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I do not want to bash you but just add something to this. Just consider that other people use public roads. More people around=probability of a mistake turning deadly increases. It does not have to be your own error; just one error on their part and that's it.
I befriended a guy that almost killed himself doing street racing; another car swerved his way and trying to avoid the collision (@ about 90mph) he lost control and finished against a lightning column. The car split in two; by sheer luck he was strapped and remained inside.
One year after the accident he came back to work and show his "battle scars"; I felt the metal cover (what's the f... medical term) doctors used to fix his shattered skull. Not funny really. Add some broken bones all over, various cuts, and whatnot and you'll get the picture. Amazingly enough, he did not suffer any long term disabilities.

It is my belief (and some would come after me for saying this) that speed in itself does not kill; otherwise, German autobahns should be littered with corpses (and they are not). However, high speed plus inadequate conditions do kill. It does not matter that you can be at 101% form and your car can be at 110% in performance and safety; the environment is not up to the task. That would compound and make errors all the more dangerous and deadly.

x2
the reason the Germans can drive as fast as they do, is they have intensive drivers education, as well as learning to control a car, it's much more difficult to get a licience there then here, they don't do the drive around the cones, now parallel park garbage, also it's a very serious offense to be doing things like talking on the cell phone, texting while driving, etc. if someone from Germany did what they did here, they would end up riding the Zug from that point on. they are very serious about driving, most people in this country have an I don't care attitude. This thread isn't supposed to be a fight thread, I hope what I said will discourage some of you from street racing, but I can talk till I'm blue in the face and still have it not go through. Just keep it at the track, your life just isn't worth a stupid race, if you insist on street racing, please take out some life insurance for your family, and leave a will behind, you are playing Russian roulette every time you do it.

King Peetis
05-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Come on fellas, be easy on the guy. Ok, so he's sharing with his "on-line friends" his youthful exuberance. You dont have to condone his actions but you dont have to get on him either. Some of you are bashing TDurr as if you have never had a Mario Andretti or a Scott Russell moment on the freeway in your entire life. Take a chill...

lostforawhile
05-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Come on fellas, be easy on the guy. Ok, so he's sharing with his "on-line friends" his youthful exuberance. You dont have to condone his actions but you dont have to get on him either. Some of you are bashing TDurr as if you have never had a Mario Andretti or a Scott Russell moment on the freeway in your entire life. Take a chill...

I don't want to bash him, I just want to see him live. Dying in a wreck on the interstate from a race isn't any way to go. It'll wipe out everything you want to do in life in a second, as well as the possibility of wiping out some innocent persons life in the process

charliekuney
05-28-2010, 02:22 PM

Just want to say, Wiki says they're governed to 150mph, and I'm pretty sure a Charger can get to that speed fast enough to see where you went. :)

lostforawhile
05-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I'll say one more thing then shut up, my intention of posting in this thread is to possibly make someone think twice before they make the decision to race on the streets. I've traveled all across the US, I've seen carnage from high speed wrecks up close, I've been the first to come across a wreck and held someones hand because they knew the ambulance was too far away. It makes an imprint on you you will never forget, what I can't understand is why take the risk of this happening to you? it's dangerous enough out there, why up the risk and possibly die? There seems to be something imprinted in young peoples minds, that they are invincible, when you get older you will realize you aren't. I made the mistake of doing this too and nearly paid the ultimate price, please listen to someone who's been to the edge (literally) and don't do it!!

ShyBoyCA6
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
you make a good point lost.

well a civic wanted to race me today. oh and lets not forget a shitstang too. peice of shit honk 3 times and he thought i was gonna do it haha lame ass.

2oodoor
05-29-2010, 01:03 PM
be cool ...anythng percieved as bashing here is probably just their way of communicating they care about your young arse, and everybody elses for that matter.
I dont see too much wrong with kickin it in the ass once in a while or some quick sprints but really, it doenst take 130 to show what ya got.
Yes Atlanta and esp I -85, moves fast and you get your asz run over if you cant keep up, but at the same time ive seen dekalb co. mustang cut one car from the herd before , it was fun to be back in traffic and watch .. everybody doing 80 and tight car to car too... I wouldnt want to be the cow doing 31 over..

Tdurr
05-29-2010, 04:14 PM

why stank u. he gets the idea.

I don't want to bash him, I just want to see him live. Dying in a wreck on the interstate from a race isn't any way to go. It'll wipe out everything you want to do in life in a second, as well as the possibility of wiping out some innocent persons life in the process
I understand where ur coming from. ur not really who i was talking to just using ur points for my reply. haha

Just want to say, Wiki says they're governed to 150mph, and I'm pretty sure a Charger can get to that speed fast enough to see where you went. :)
u cant trust wiki, and im pretty sure its 144 seeing how i have spoken to ppl who have outran them on various occasions saying, they stopped pulling at 144. :rolleyes:

but im assuming that nobody even realized that i never went over half throttle, i running mega-death-rich so im doing more gas wasting/fouling spark plugs then damage to the motor, and the fact that i said(or at least im pretty sure i said) that i dont normally do this, nor did i state time of day, traffic conditions, if it was raining, ect. everyone just assumes that it was in the mist of midday traffic with minivans full of families going to church. Really guys come on, dont act like uve never just decided to shit on a ricer just cuz u were bored.

and as far as my driving abilities, I KNOW i am a better driver the 80% of the people in Georgia so thats one thing im not really worried about. Im the type if im not comfortable with something then i wont do it.

now wuts really funny is i posted this on a local forum and only got 1 reply sayin 'sound like fun, good kill' or something like that :beat: :lol:

edit: post number 1900!! woot only 100 away from 2k ahahaha

King Peetis
05-29-2010, 04:47 PM
and as far as my driving abilities, I KNOW i am a better driver the 80% of the people in Georgia so thats one thing im not really worried about it.

Except when I ate that ass up through the chicane around the ATL airport--JK you took me at the end.

Flip dem birds...and bend dem curbs, hahaha

charliekuney
05-29-2010, 04:56 PM
u cant trust wiki, and im pretty sure its 144 seeing how i have spoken to ppl who have outran them on various occasions saying, they stopped pulling at 144. :rolleyes:

Well, I wasn't putting my life on it, but Wiki is usually pretty all right. You also have to consider the inaccuracy of a speedometer at those speeds. Now, if you knew a cop who had driven one at that speed...

Oh, and as my "don't do this" addition: Do you remember what my car looked like and what happened to me? That was at 45mph. These cars don't have five star crash test ratings.

ShyBoyCA6
05-29-2010, 05:03 PM
and dont forget airbags :beat:

Vanilla Sky
05-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Guys, we need to stop arguing about little things. We've all established our personal standpoints on street racing. Some of us have bashed others with opposing standpoints. I feel that this thread is coming close to an end.

2oodoor
05-29-2010, 05:32 PM
depends on year model and DOM, don't overlook the Impalas though, they are not limited now and I know those did 140 in 06 so. lmao wait till next year at whats coming in the rearview rwd 6.0

and as far as my driving abilities, I KNOW i am a better driver the 80% of the people in Georgia so thats one thing im not really worried about. Im the type if im not comfortable with something then i wont do it.
young and dumb and full of c** you really believe that? I hope the best for ya

now wuts really funny is i posted this on a local forum and only got 1 reply sayin 'sound like fun, good kill' or something like that :beat:
edit: post number 1900!! woot only 100 away from 2k ahahaha

congrats on the post... also btw would any one person in the general populus in said forum give you parts free for your car they paid for and even went to pull them themselves?
Would they give you money when you are down and deperate, buy food for your family, would they go out of their way to make sure you could get parts for your car and not pester you daily for paying for it?
, Would they open up to you about their personal life and share embarassing moments or even give you their cell phone number cross country so you would have someone to talk to when you had nobody else and your world was falling apart? You may be too young or in a position not to have any problems like that yet, good for you.
Would they put up thousands of dollars out of their own pocket to support a group buy knowing they would not get 100 percent return inside of even 9 -12 months?

I highly doubt it, as about as much chance you are in the top 20 percentile of Georgias best drivers..thats just delusional and pretentious but I do not mean that to be disrespectful or condesending "sir" How many miles you got under your belt? 30,000 maybe, hell I dunno, shadows compared to 1500000, plenty of em over a million bubbs.

So you can bet the people on this board have done these things for other members, not even knowing them that well.
Its caring, it is experience of many generations of real car guys and girls sharing
So take a little bit of sunshine with the rain kid, wholly friggen shit Alfred, Robin jacked the dam batmobile and its not even date night. :lock:
You may not like me after this but that doesn't matter to me, I respect your talents and you are a good person, but you keep coming back being a smart ass so. hey I don't care what people think about me at this junction, youre free to say whatever you want, so is everyone else

charliekuney
05-29-2010, 07:25 PM
How old are you, Tdurr?

stat1K
05-29-2010, 08:29 PM
oh so now it's "i wasn't even trying"

also had to lol at the outrunning the cop, radios, cameras, license plates? lol. man this shit is amusing.

Civic Accord Honda
05-29-2010, 08:39 PM
there was this 85 civic flashing his high beams at me the other day, it sounded like it had a k24 in it, i downshifted and totally sucked that guys dick y0

Vanilla Sky
05-29-2010, 09:40 PM
I think we've had enough. Guys, seriously grow up. We all know better.