PDA

View Full Version : auto-5spd swap, real quick question.

itzdave
05-25-2010, 02:20 PM
im going thru all of my stuff to make sure that i have everything to do the swap and i noticed the threads say that i need to change the 'manual tranny mount'. im just curious as to what mount this is and where its at... thanks.

2ndGenGuy
05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the one on the rear framerail that runs along the firewall. The bracket that bolts onto the transmission is different from 5-speed to auto. I think the rubber mount on the crossmember should be the same.

itzdave
05-25-2010, 02:57 PM
are u talkin about the 'dogbone' mount?

2ndGenGuy
05-25-2010, 03:34 PM
No, the bracket directly below that on the rear crossmember.

itzdave
05-25-2010, 07:58 PM
oh, not the one under the trans on the crossmember that goes front to rear?
sorry, just makin sure i got all the stuff so i can tackle it this weekend...

mykwikcoupe
05-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Dave its both those the one under the trans in that front rear cross member. If you notice one says AT the other MT. You also need to do the rear trans mount near the firewall. I think I left me AT in but cant remember its been so long. Call me if you have questions. Hope that pedal feel isn't killing the calf yet. You notice you save about 150lbs in the swap as well. The AT stuff is heavy as hell. If you remove the AT cooling lines, swap radiators, remove pass fender mount and the other AT stuff.

import racer
05-26-2010, 07:32 AM
I thought the mount under the trans is the same,man or auto.I know one says auto and one says man but i don't think there is a diff.

itzdave
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM
well, according to autozones website, the only mount that is different is the 'front center' mount. all the others are the same...

2ndGenGuy
05-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Autozone / Schucks / NAPA, etc all have horrible, horrible listings for engine mounts. I went through every 1st / 2nd / 3rd gen Accord and Prelude mount listing to find just the mount that goes on the driver's side framerail for my car. What they list for "front" doesn't seem to coincide with either the front of the car nor the front of the engine. Also usually what the stores sell are the rubber mounts, not the brackets that bolt to the engine, which are what you actually need to swap out. I do believe the rubber mount itself is the same between auto and manual.

Dr_Snooz
05-26-2010, 06:11 PM
You need this bracket from the MT. It looks the same but it's different.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq132/dr_snooz/SNC00145.jpg

itzdave
05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
sweet man! thanks...
can i get a pic of where its located under the hood too.

mykwikcoupe
05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
dave that the trans brace. Its positioned under the dogbone and ties the engine/trans to the rear crossmember. The rubber bit mounted to it the same but the one in the front back crossmember is different. The one near the radiator I cant remember? It should be the same since that ties to the engine.