PDA

View Full Version : Interior swap questions!

Edison Carasio
05-27-2010, 04:12 PM
I found a MINT grey/black interior at the junk yard today. It's in a grey 86 DX (I think DX has it has no badge but also a carb and no power options). I'm gonna try and get it all (minues the seats, I have seats I wanna use already) but will the 86 interior fit into my 89? I'd imagine so, but wanted to confirm.

However, my MAIN question is this: The donor car has MANUAL windows and locks. My car is full power (windows, doors, mirrors). Is there any way to frankenstein MY door panels with these? Or should I get the black dash, center console, B-piller trim and door sill trim and then search else where for door panels? I don't need seats as seat covers will cover mine (and the back could just have a sheet thrown over them) plus I have black Prelude seats I'm gonna install.

If I got EVERYTHING from the interior of the car, they said about $100. But I don't need the seats or headliner so that saves me ALOT!!!

A18A
05-27-2010, 04:56 PM
yup the whole interior will swap over. it would be a lot easier to just get the door panels from something else (like a se-i) than to convert them from manual to power windows. or if you're into that interior stuff, you can make your current door panels black to match the rest of the interior. be sure to get all little things like the seals that go around the door jams, all little clips & such, as a interior swap just doesn't look all that good if you have mismatched colored parts installed

Edison Carasio
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
I've reupholstered seats in a Mustang before using fabric from another car and my original foam, so I'm "ok" at that crap.

Is the dash hard to get out?

EDIT

This might sound stupid but could I convert to manual windows without swapping out the WHOLE door? I honestly don't like having power windows in a car this old as I'm expecting them to fail and go out and they go up REALLY slow.

A18A
06-04-2010, 09:24 PM
nah dash isnt all that hard to get out, just gotta undo everything in the way, unplug the harness, maybe drop your steering column/remove steering wheel or whatever gets that out of the way, mostly just little stuff.

yup you can convert to manual windows without swapping the whole door, just take out the window regulator out of each door. the windows usually don't fail in these cars, if they do it's usually just a old worn regulator

lostforawhile
06-04-2010, 10:23 PM
I sent you a pm, but if it doesn't have cruise buttons on the steering wheel, PLEASE pull the horn contactor for me, here's a picture but face book photos are down at the time of this posting. should be back up soon. it comes off with a few Phillips screws http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=12490657&l=583603189c&id=589715376

Civic Accord Honda
06-05-2010, 01:18 AM
yeah swaping to manual windows is pretty easy and i recommend it on theses cars lol

dreeeemA
06-07-2010, 07:53 PM
i would probaly never do any interior swap as im trying to keep the stocker look and i like the orginal interior but those.. just my opinion..