PDA

View Full Version : Interior Spray Paint Question

King Peetis
05-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Has anyone found a spray paint for plastics that matches our interior colors? For instance the consoles, trunk/hatch plastic or trim. There is maroon/burghandy paint everywhere but it is always too "red". The maroon on our cars is more of a "brown red" but I cant find a suitable shade that works.

ShyBoyCA6
05-29-2010, 11:03 AM
have you thought about mixing the paint? and yeah there is paint for the car but its gonna make it look different cause you applying new paint.

King Peetis
05-29-2010, 11:50 AM
have you thought about mixing the paint? and yeah there is paint for the car but its gonna make it look different cause you applying new paint.

Yea I have, but there has got to be a good quality aerosol paint out there ready for use. You would think there would be a model paint or something close even with the interior fade; I just havent found it yet.

itzdave
05-29-2010, 12:36 PM
SEM paint is made for interiors... used it on my dash and doors and all the other stuff, chips easily on the harder surfaces(door handles), but works great on the softer stuff like the doors.

import racer
05-29-2010, 01:08 PM
I've had good luck with fusion paint and it comes in lots of colors.

2oodoor
05-29-2010, 02:43 PM
If you have a paint gun, or a touch up gun you can have it mixed up to match. Also SEM it comes from auto body shop supply.
I know that color you speak of, It is unusual to say the least.
Black goes with everything.:rolleyes:

Pico
05-29-2010, 03:53 PM
I've had good luck with fusion paint and it comes in lots of colors.

fusion is good, but Im starting to get some chips on my dash.

King Peetis
05-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Im not familiar with SEM but I will look into it. Im also gonna keep looking at the model paints; they're designed for plastic. I just dont know how well it will wear.

King Peetis
06-08-2010, 12:37 AM
I bought a can of adhesion promoter and a can of dark Garnite red spray paint the other day from Autozone. I painted the center console and arm rest. It turned out beautiful. If you have the maroon interior this color looks great. Pictures to follow.

frantik
06-08-2010, 08:55 PM
be sure to scuff all surfaces for even more adhesion :)

dreeeemA
06-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Remove the residual adhesive. Use gasoline, rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover or a specially formulated product like Goo Gone to remove the adhesive from your car's surface. Just wet a lint-free rag with the adhesive remover of your choice and buff until the residue is gone.

King Peetis
06-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I used lacquer thinner and I also tried denatured alcohol--they both worked pretty well.