PDA

View Full Version : Auto shifter Cable disconnect (Integra)

bushbean
05-31-2010, 09:06 AM
Help! My 3G is running great, but my Integra needs a new engine. So I disconnected everything from the engine and transmission except the auto shifter cable. I can't figure out how to disconnect this cable. It seems to be attached inside the transmission, and I don't see how I can get to it without dropping the transmission. I am lifting the engine and transmission out as one piece. Has anyone seen this unusual way of attaching the cable to the transmisssion on their Hondas?

Update: Oh, never mind. I figured it out.

2oodoor
06-01-2010, 01:02 AM
you mind posting what you found or just wasted a thread here...

On a 3rd gen Accord , there is an access plate just to the side of where the cable enters the tranny. You remove the cotter pin in there but be careful not to loose the shaft pin that goes thru the cable end eyelet once you get it out.

bushbean
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Yes, the Integra is similar. On the Teg, the location of the shaft pin was not apparent until the longitudinal frame member was removed because the pin is very deep inside the bell housing. Once I removed the frame member, I saw everything clearly. Now, I need to look for a short block for this 93 Teg. How much should it cost? I'm in Houston, and I have no idea where to find one.

dreeeemA
06-04-2010, 02:56 AM
did you try adjusting the cable. Look under the hood at the cable you should see locking button, there you can make some adjustments I believe.

lostforawhile
06-04-2010, 06:48 AM
did you try adjusting the cable. Look under the hood at the cable you should see locking button, there you can make some adjustments I believe.
what are you smoking? every post it's some vague answer that has nothing to do with the answer.