PDA

View Full Version : parking lights

redaccordcoupe
05-31-2010, 05:15 PM
Just recently purchased an 86 hatchback, and the parking lights the amber ones are
Intermittenly on and off,while the pinkish lights stay on, I've checked the connections and they look solid I've cleaned the contacts in the housings. All looked good anyone have any info on common spots for the wires to break, or become disconnected?

charliekuney
05-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Do you mean the small corner lights in the front fenders? The wires to those go back towards the fender about eight inches and unplug. The left side of my car does this.

redaccordcoupe
05-31-2010, 07:20 PM
Yea those are them. Ill have to pull them out again and check that. Thanks.

charliekuney
05-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Remember: You don't have to take off the headlight trim to take them off. :D

Tdurr
05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
^^ i just figured that out today before i read this lol. i felt sooo dumb cuz ive pulled those corner lights like 3498320948billion times.

dreeeemA
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
you just take the nuts off from inside the trunk and take the whole assembly out and reinstall the new ones.

charliekuney
06-03-2010, 11:31 AM
^ What are you talking about, dude?

lostforawhile
06-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Just recently purchased an 86 hatchback, and the parking lights the amber ones are
Intermittenly on and off,while the pinkish lights stay on, I've checked the connections and they look solid I've cleaned the contacts in the housings. All looked good anyone have any info on common spots for the wires to break, or become disconnected?

check to make sure the plug at the big plastic box under the radio is plugged in, it's down and behind where the center console would be, this box does a number of things, but one of them is to to control those side markers, it's what makes them alternate with the front turn signals, yet stay on with the turn signal off.

Dr_Snooz
06-03-2010, 06:05 PM
check to make sure the plug at the big plastic box under the radio is plugged in, it's down and behind where the center console would be, this box does a number of things, but one of them is to to control those side markers, it's what makes them alternate with the front turn signals, yet stay on with the turn signal off.

Yes yes! Another thing it controls are those blasted infernal dingers when you leave your key in the ignition. It can often get unplugged when someone is "fixing" the dingers. I didn't even realize mine weren't working until Lost mentioned the box.

dreeeemA
06-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Did you top up the reservoir under the hood? Have the brakes been
serviced / flushed according to the schedule?

lostforawhile
06-04-2010, 06:39 AM
you just take the nuts off from inside the trunk and take the whole assembly out and reinstall the new ones.what does this have to do with the parking lights?

Did you top up the reservoir under the hood? Have the brakes been
serviced / flushed according to the schedule?????