PDA

View Full Version : I will be 3g-less soon - going to the junk yard

Edison Carasio
06-05-2010, 03:26 PM
I was driving the 3g to someones house to do the clutch and axles and stuff and it blew up on the highway. First it wouldn't go into any gear at all, and reverse grinded like hell and popped out. I had it towed home, took the axles back for a refund, and called the junk yard.

I'll look for an LX-i hatch and see how that goes.

Dr_Snooz
06-05-2010, 04:34 PM
:( Sorry to hear that. Good luck finding a replacement.

King Peetis
06-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Ahh dude, that sucks ass. I'll say a 3geez prayer :(

car6289
06-05-2010, 04:42 PM
That sucks big time. I guess your interior swap is down the shitter. Happy hunting for a replacement LX-i hatch.

Edison Carasio
06-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah. I guess I could pull the tranny to see whats wrong, but a coolant pipe bust at the same time (imagine my luck). It's just too much work for a carb'd car with rust. It sucks cuz I wanted to build something different for this area, but I guess I'm better off starting with another one at this point. I'll part out the stuff I got (new tires never used, JDM ITR leather shift boot etc) and save up. Plus, less insurance! lol I'm gonna stay around here. I did after all become a foundation member this week too. lol good timing.

rebuild
06-17-2010, 03:43 PM
When I lost my gears like that - all I had was sort of a third gear - the linkage bolt had come loose and moved over so it had to be lined back up and tightened back in and I had all my gears back.

bryan42688
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
yeah i wouldopen it up and look at it even if it sits for three months , plus you can always rebuilt the trans and the engine , then itslike abrand new car after fuel pump ps pump alternator hoses and a few other things i would rather see it sit for 5 years getting worked on little by little then to see it end up in thejunk yard