PDA

View Full Version : CSSC AutoX #3

Bglad420
06-05-2010, 10:59 PM
Results from todays auto-x didn't do too bad. Took 2nd in novice 9th fastest time of the day out of 50. >>RESULTS<< (http://scorekeeper.wwscc.org/results/cscc2010/3/post)

Strugglebucket
06-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Nice job.

Was that your first time out with the Addco bar?

2ndGenGuy
06-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Nice work! You killed that Lotus pretty hard! Hehe.

Man, I can't believe Bob Bundy made it all the way up there Saturday and all the way down here on Sunday. And he cleans up everywhere he goes. Cracks me up when he swaps from his race tires, onto his street tires, which are NT-01s. His car is fucking insane though. Fully built 2 liter BP with like 350whp. Jealous. He definitely doesn't get the spread here that he gets up there: http://scorekeeper.wwscc.org/results/ww2010/4

I kinda wanna make my way up there one of these days, just to check out the venue. 3 hours is kinda far for autocross though...

Bglad420
06-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Nice job.

Was that your first time out with the Addco bar?

No second. Definitely needed the drive time to adjust. But I'm pretty happy with my set up for now. I only plan on running the 3g this year then either getting a EG Si or Rex.

Nice work! You killed that Lotus pretty hard! Hehe.

Man, I can't believe Bob Bundy made it all the way up there Saturday and all the way down here on Sunday. And he cleans up everywhere he goes. Cracks me up when he swaps from his race tires, onto his street tires, which are NT-01s. His car is fucking insane though. Fully built 2 liter BP with like 350whp. Jealous. He definitely doesn't get the spread here that he gets up there: http://scorekeeper.wwscc.org/results/ww2010/4

I kinda wanna make my way up there one of these days, just to check out the venue. 3 hours is kinda far for autocross though...

Come on up! Bob's down at PIR a lot too. He's running about 300-350 hp right now since he blew his motor last weekend at Portland. He's designed our last two courses as well.

2ndGenGuy
06-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I saw that event #4 is going to be up at some lodge up on Mt. Baker. Have you been there before? The drive out there looks fucking kick-ass, though I know a lot of clubs get pissy when people "speed" anywhere near an event. How are they about that? Is that a pretty huge area to autocross up there? That looks like it could make for a fun weekend.

charliekuney
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
I saw that event #4 is going to be up at some lodge up on Mt. Baker.

Ooh, I'm down for that.

Bglad420
06-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I saw that event #4 is going to be up at some lodge up on Mt. Baker. Have you been there before? The drive out there looks fucking kick-ass, though I know a lot of clubs get pissy when people "speed" anywhere near an event. How are they about that? Is that a pretty huge area to autocross up there? That looks like it could make for a fun weekend.

I've never been up there for an event. They say it's a pretty tight course. I've been debating whether or not I wanna use my 3g or my sisters 02 si Hatch. I know that at the port where we normally hold them they are super anal about all the rules because they dont want to lose the spot. And I think they're doing work on the MB Highway. :( .... But then again you gotta make sure your tires are pressured properly

2ndGenGuy
06-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, not that I would be a complete dick while I was driving to the venue. I don't want to cause the course to get lost. But I was at a PCA event in Packwood and they said ANYBODY caught speeding at all would be banned from the event.

That said, I still just can't resist the temptation to to drive a little faster, and have some fun in the corners. The amount of traffic on that road would be pretty minimal being that it only goes up to the lodge. But if they were really sticklers on it, I would keep at the speed limit. :(

Ooh, I'm down for that.

You should definitely go. I'm seriously considering it. We could take backroads all the way up and avoid I-5. That would be a pretty early morning though. :)

charliekuney
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM
You should definitely go. I'm seriously considering it. We could take backroads all the way up and avoid I-5. That would be a pretty early morning though. :)

Early mornings aren't a problem for me. I just need a helmet, and a waiver from my parents, right?

Bglad420
06-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeah, not that I would be a complete dick while I was driving to the venue. I don't want to cause the course to get lost. But I was at a PCA event in Packwood and they said ANYBODY caught speeding at all would be banned from the event.

That said, I still just can't resist the temptation to to drive a little faster, and have some fun in the corners. The amount of traffic on that road would be pretty minimal being that it only goes up to the lodge. But if they were really sticklers on it, I would keep at the speed limit. :(

are you trying to get me to condone your street racing? jk. Their main deal is not to do anything around the sight. and not to drive around with numbers on your car. They just dont want anything to come back to them.

Early mornings aren't a problem for me. I just need a helmet, and a waiver from my parents, right?

We have a few loaner helmets.

charliekuney
06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, I don't want to have to borrow one every time, and you (or whomever "we" is) might not be at every event I go to.

Bglad420
06-08-2010, 04:53 PM
Well, I don't want to have to borrow one every time, and you (or whomever "we" is) might not be at every event I go to.

They're the Clubs (we) They are at grid for every event. And I'll be at EVERY event, because it's so much fun.

charliekuney
06-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh. That solves that, haha.

Vanilla Sky
06-09-2010, 12:23 PM
You should get your own helmet if it's going to be something you do a lot, though. I personally don't like soaking in someone else's funk.

Bglad420
06-09-2010, 02:50 PM
You should get your own helmet if it's going to be something you do a lot, though. I personally don't like soaking in someone else's funk.

I used a loaner my first time, then bought one for $94.00.

2ndGenGuy
06-09-2010, 04:27 PM
I didn't see any details on the site, but at the WWSCC events, I think that the parent has to be on site in order to sign the minor waiver. Maybe CSSC is a little more lenient.

Bglad420
06-09-2010, 05:28 PM

I didn't see any details on the site, but at the WWSCC events, I think that the parent has to be on site in order to sign the minor waiver. Maybe CSSC is a little more lenient.

I'm not to sure, we dont have any minors that race. But I can try to find out for you.

Vanilla Sky
06-10-2010, 12:00 AM
And that's what loaners are for. Check it out and see if it's your thing. If it's not your thing, you're not out $100+ for a helmet.

They're coming out with Snell SA2010 ratings later this year, meaning some might jump to the newer gear, even though they still have life in their SA2005 helmets. If used helmets aren't a big deal, keep an eye out for a used one.

montaillou
06-10-2010, 03:43 AM

Hmm...do you like twisty roads?

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/montaillou/ArtistPoint.jpg

Here's a pic from a past event, elevation is about 3500', maybe the highest & most beautiful autox setting in N. America:

http://www.fatboyraceworks.com/albums/MtBaker2004/DSC00137.sized.jpg

Bglad420
06-10-2010, 06:44 AM
^^ Linn?? Is that you?

2ndGenGuy
06-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Oh sweet jesus that looks amazing. How can I not go?

Bglad420
06-10-2010, 10:33 AM
FYI Just got this e-mail...

"If you plan to attend, please be prepared for mountain weather conditions and bring something warm and dry to wear as well as sunscreen. This event traditionally has either been wet and cold or sunny and hot. Hopefully this year we will have the latter... Additionally, there are no food services at the mountain so you will need to bring lunch, snacks, and drinks with you. Mike Rorvig has offered to bring his BBQ up so you may also bring your own meat to throw on the grill if you would like.

Lastly, please respect the traffic laws to and from the event. The Mt. Baker Hwy can be a tempting place to push your car but the weekend of our autocross is not the time. The future use of the venue depends on how respectful we are as a club before, during, and after the event. PLEASE DO NOT SPEED OR BREAK ANY TRAFFIC LAWS on your way up or back down the mountain. The Sheriff, WSP, and USFS all patrol the highway and will be watching for reckless driving."

And I also noticed that they're are a couple guys hunting me down on this forum.... Hmmm....

2ndGenGuy
06-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh god. I don't honestly know if I have that kind of self control. I might be better off not going and getting everybody in trouble.

And yeah, I noticed your friends popping in here. :D You have a 3geez sticker on your car or something? Hehe. Better watch out for those Accords!!!

Bglad420
06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Oh god. I don't honestly know if I have that kind of self control. I might be better off not going and getting everybody in trouble.

And yeah, I noticed your friends popping in here. :D You have a 3geez sticker on your car or something? Hehe. Better watch out for those Accords!!!

You can do it! I don't have a 3GEEZ sticker so I'm not sure. But google does amazing things. It's the F-1 suspension I bet... :)

Bglad420
06-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I got a few pics from the last event....

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/bglad420/autox3/IMG_0115.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/bglad420/autox3/Brent002.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/bglad420/autox3/Brent004.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/bglad420/autox3/CRW_1241.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/bglad420/autox3/CRW_1285.jpg

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad100/bglad420/autox3/Brent001.jpg

Bglad420
06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
For Charlie...
I got a reply to my e-mail about minors.
"As far as I know all we need is a waiver but there may be some new rules with our current insurance."

charliekuney
06-10-2010, 06:31 PM
^ Alright, thanks! Is there any way I can get his email or ?

Bglad420
06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
The only e-mail that I could find for you is [email protected] Hope it helps, and as soon as I hear anything otherwise I'll let you know.

montaillou
06-11-2010, 04:16 PM
There's no problem with insurance/minors at Mt. Baker as far as I know (not an officer, but on the CSCC autocross committee). The problem with minors is at the Port of Bellingham site - no minors unless they're a driver in the event. And it's not CSCC, it's the Port itself that has the issue.

I came across this forum while searching for pics for the CSCC newsletter (I'm the editor), saw a thread or two related to CSCC autocross and had decided to reply. As I don't own an accord (BMW, Subaru, Suzuki) I'm reluctant to post elsewhere...

If anyone wants to have fun driving up to Mt. Baker, weekdays are the best time to go, the road up the mountain has few cars.