PDA

View Full Version : so does anyone know if tommy ever got out of "Jail"

SQ is the SQUAD
06-07-2010, 05:52 PM
just wondeirng. i never heard anything on the matter.

mykwikcoupe
06-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I cant say if he has but Id imagine if he pops back in without immediate refund payments he should get a perma ban. A guy like that doesn't need to be part of the board

SQ is the SQUAD
06-08-2010, 11:38 AM
unless he committed murder, he should be out by now

2drSE-i
06-08-2010, 03:02 PM
unless he committed murder, he should be out by now

If the rumors are true about what happened, he either got Aggravated Assault or Assault with a deadly weapon. Thats if he went through with what I think he did. Depending on the severity and his previous record would be his sentence, but he couldv'e got YEARS.

nswst8
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
I have a new address for this "bonehead" for anyone who is a group buy member. Email/PM me and I'll forward the latest address.

SQ is the SQUAD
06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
someone in the stockton area needs to check this out.

nswst8
06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I ran a backround check last October and just ran another one today, which came up with a new address. So if there is a new address, this indicates he is out of jail and has relocated to another address. Or he never went to jail.

nswst8
06-09-2010, 06:29 AM
If everyone involved would write a letter to the new address, he would know that he cannot disappear.

w261w261
06-09-2010, 07:42 AM
If the rumors are true about what happened, he either got Aggravated Assault or Assault with a deadly weapon. Thats if he went through with what I think he did. Depending on the severity and his previous record would be his sentence, but he couldv'e got YEARS.

I think whoever sent money to this deadbeat got assaulted by aggravation. My money is on him stiffing his friends here, no jail.

nswst8
06-09-2010, 09:27 AM
I can track him. It will be up to you all to send multiple/repeated demands for refunds.

frantik
06-10-2010, 09:39 AM
If everyone involved would write a letter to the new address, he would know that he cannot disappear.

lol..something tells me a letter won't do much good. someone needs to show up at his door in person

alternatively you could contact the police dept in the city he is located. If i were you guys i would seriously consider this.. if he's jacked thousands and thousands of dollars then the fuzz might be interested, especially if you have his address and other contact info.

nswst8
06-10-2010, 11:03 AM
You would be suprised at what a letter can do. Internet/wire fraud might be an avenue. I'm only out $100 but the others are at a larger loss. I'm just trying to help them find resolution.

Bglad420
06-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I always miss the good stuff.

frantik
06-10-2010, 11:28 AM
You would be suprised at what a letter can do. Internet/wire fraud might be an avenue. I'm only out $100 but the others are at a larger loss. I'm just trying to help them find resolution.

:o

nswst8
06-10-2010, 03:43 PM
What's your problem? What have you done to assist with a resolution to this situation? It is not in my interest to go after $100, I spend more than that at starbucks every month.

If others are inclined to pursue Tommy, then at least I have provided them with current information to do so at my expense.

russiankid
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
If he gets multiple letters from members, he then knows that his new address is not a secret and everyone he owes know where he is.

2oodoor
06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
If he gets multiple letters from members, he then knows that his new address is not a secret and everyone he owes know where he is.

oh yeah, big secret... if what I think is true<

not so big, but yeah write him a letter along with dozens of other collections that also use the same type of resources.
I doubt it would even interest the appropriate authorities considering the amounts. To ever make prosecution would take years even if a proper investigation with indisputable evidence for court.

If anybody was in his district you could go for a civil suit just to keep him good and legally harassed* with it. Still would be time consuming, for 600 bucks I dont think it would be worth it other than to see astrisk.

This country is run rampant with fraud, and it doesnt take much to get away with it for years if the fraudster is skilled at manipulating the court system. It depends on state and local laws as to how easy it is, and to get the feds interested it has to involve big money or really nasty stuff., or "someone" with a personal interest in it.

nswst8
06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
When is it too late to file a claim?
It's not easy to figure out if it's too late to file. If you're not sure, file your case and let the judge decide.

Here are some tips:

If you are suing because you got hurt, you can file a claim for up to two years after you were hurt.
If you are suing because a spoken agreement was broken, you have 2 years to file after the agreement was broken.
If you are suing because a written agreement was broken, you have 4 years to file after the agreement was broken.
If you are suing because your property was damaged, you have 3 years to file after your property was damaged.
If you are suing because of fraud, you have 3 years to file after you find out about the fraud. Fraud is when you lose money because someone lied to you or tricked you on purpose.
If you are suing a government or public agency, you have 6 months to file a claim with that agency. They have 45 days in which to make a decision. If no decision is made with 45 days then it is deemed denied. If they reject your claim, you have 6 months to file a claim with a small claims court. Click here to learn more about suing a government agency.

frantik
06-10-2010, 05:25 PM
What's your problem?

are you talking to me? I have no problem.... I used that Happy/Sad smiley to smile at you but show that it's a sad situation..

nswst8
06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
I apologize, I was mistaken by it's meaning.

nswst8
06-10-2010, 05:38 PM
June 10, 2010

Via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation

Mr. XXXXX XXXXX
XXXX XXXXX XX
Stockton CA, 95205

Re: Demand for Payment

Dear Mr. XXXXX:

Please be advised that you owe me the sum of $100.00 because you solicited money for purchase of custom fabricated auto parts (PRI engine mounts) in order to form a group buy for reproduction of said auto parts. Mr. XXXXX, you never produced said auto parts for group buy members and never returned monies collected.

This will be your only chance to settle this matter before I file suit against you in Small Claims Court. I am agreeable to a lump sum payment, or to a payment plan. Please contact me on or before June 25, 2010 for purposes of settling this matter. If I do not hear from you on or before June 25, 2010, I will file a lawsuit against you without further notice. It is in your best interest to settle this matter before a lawsuit is filed. If a judgment is obtained against you, it will negatively affect your ability to get credit, you will be ordered to pay court costs, and you will incur interest at a rate of 10% per annum.

Based on the foregoing, I expect payment in the amount of $100.00 made payable to me, XXX XXXXXXXX XX, San diego CA, 92124 no later than June 25, 2010. (I can be reached at the address below.) If you decide to ignore this demand for payment, I will further pursue all of its legal remedies without further notice to you. This letter serves as evidence that I have attempted to resolve this matter informally.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX X XXXXXXX
XXX XXXXXXXX XX
San diego CA, 92124

frantik
06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
I apologize, I was mistaken by it's meaning.

no problem.. i just held my mouse over it and it says "embarrassed" wtf lol

nswst8
06-10-2010, 05:40 PM
You can use this site to create a demand letter:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/smallclaims/writeletter.htm

nswst8
06-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Deleted

nswst8
06-10-2010, 05:55 PM
no problem.. i just held my mouse over it and it says "embarrassed" wtf lol

Okay, I'm embarrassed.

SQ is the SQUAD
06-10-2010, 06:15 PM
i am going to send a copy of that same sample letter you posted. but its actually going to be geared twords his girlfirend since it was her paypal account he used. will your background check give her current info

2drSE-i
06-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm not really involved here, but might i suggest certified mail? It costs a bit, but you will be sure they get it. Hard to ignore.

nswst8
06-10-2010, 08:13 PM
When you use the link it will give you the option for delivery.

MessyHonda
06-11-2010, 12:09 AM
i guess im the only one that ever went to his house when i bought the b20 stuff...he told me he is a apartment manager...i wish i could go but its almost like 1.5 hrs away from me and i work 2 jobs

stat1K
06-11-2010, 05:22 AM
the b20 that was broken?

guaynabo89
06-12-2010, 08:54 AM
what was this forum members username?

stat1K
06-12-2010, 09:00 AM
twoloudnproud, where have you been dennis?

guaynabo89
06-12-2010, 09:23 AM
I wasnt posting much when this went down. :dunno:

nswst8
06-12-2010, 09:44 AM
June 10, 2010

Via certified mail with signature confirmation

Mr. Txxxx Lxx Txxxx
XXXX XXXXX XX
Stockton CA, 95205

Dear Mr. TXXXX:

Please be advised that you owe me the sum of $100.00 because you solicited money for purchase of custom fabricated auto parts (PRI engine mounts) in order to form a group buy for reproduction of said auto parts. Mr. TXXXX, you never produced said auto parts for group buy members and never returned monies collected.

This will be your only chance to settle this matter before I file suit against you in Small Claims Court. I am agreeable to a lump sum payment, or to a payment plan. Please contact me on or before June 25, 2010 for purposes of settling this matter. If I do not hear from you on or before June 25, 2010, I will file a lawsuit against you without further notice. It is in your best interest to settle this matter before a lawsuit is filed. If a judgment is obtained against you, it will negatively affect your ability to get credit, you will be ordered to pay court costs, and you will incur interest at a rate of 10% per annum.

Based on the foregoing, I expect payment in the amount of $100.00 made payable to me, XXX XXXXXXXX XX, San diego CA, 92124 no later than June 25, 2010. (I can be reached at the address below.) If you decide to ignore this demand for payment, I will further pursue all of its legal remedies without further notice to you. This letter serves as evidence that I have attempted to resolve this matter informally.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX X XXXXXXX
XXX XXXXXXXX XX
San diego CA, 92124

AccordB20A
06-12-2010, 04:04 PM
damn this still isnt sorted out. fail

MessyHonda
06-13-2010, 09:25 AM
the b20 that was broken?

kinda....just had some bad bearring but i desided to do a full build

stat1K
06-13-2010, 09:33 AM
that's known as selling you something that's broken. when he offered it to you that wasn't disclosed, also known as being shady.

point taken?

MessyHonda
06-13-2010, 09:41 AM
yea..its my fault for not taking time to inspect it...but yeah...hope you guys get your money back...i would be one of you guys too if i didnt buy the b20 swap off him

SQ is the SQUAD
10-08-2010, 12:15 PM
June 10, 2010

Via certified mail with signature confirmation

Mr. Txxxx Lxx Txxxx
XXXX XXXXX XX
Stockton CA, 95205

Dear Mr. TXXXX:

Please be advised that you owe me the sum of $100.00 because you solicited money for purchase of custom fabricated auto parts (PRI engine mounts) in order to form a group buy for reproduction of said auto parts. Mr. TXXXX, you never produced said auto parts for group buy members and never returned monies collected.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX X XXXXXXX
XXX XXXXXXXX XX
San diego CA, 92124

did u ever get a reply or did the letter get returned?

lostforawhile
10-09-2010, 11:43 AM
What's your problem? What have you done to assist with a resolution to this situation? It is not in my interest to go after $100, I spend more than that at starbucks every month.

If others are inclined to pursue Tommy, then at least I have provided them with current information to do so at my expense.:eek: how many coffees do you drink a day? thats a month worth worth of groceries:nervous:

2oodoor
10-09-2010, 01:44 PM
:eek: how many coffees do you drink a day? thats a month worth worth of groceries:nervous:

dude. dude... a grande is about 2.16 at kroger starbucks and worth every penny. Only thing is it would be better to buy the beans, which I have done as well, Sumatra FTW, Anniversary blend FTW
month worth of groceries, youre kdding LOL I spend about 400 a month and more sometimes depending on the month.
I wouldnt persue civil charges it just isnt worth it cuz even with a judgement you arent guarunteed your moola. Going criminal, well I dont see any purpose cuz if he really intended to rip us off, which I dont think he originally had that intention, then he must really have wanted to get his car up and going and for that :dunno: he seemed to have more pride in himself than that.:inout:

guaynabo89
10-09-2010, 01:48 PM
ima help with the offtopicness and say I spend about 100 a week on groceries

2oodoor
10-09-2010, 01:56 PM
:lol::beer:
ima help with the offtopicness and say I spend about 100 a week on groceries

dooly noted, true true u got me :beat:

A18A
10-09-2010, 02:05 PM
damn i wish i could happily live off $100 groceries a month!!!

lostforawhile
10-09-2010, 02:07 PM
dude. dude... a grande is about 2.16 at kroger starbucks and worth every penny. Only thing is it would be better to buy the beans, which I have done as well, Sumatra FTW, Anniversary blend FTW
month worth of groceries, youre kdding LOL I spend about 400 a month and more sometimes depending on the month.
I wouldnt persue civil charges it just isnt worth it cuz even with a judgement you arent guarunteed your moola. Going criminal, well I dont see any purpose cuz if he really intended to rip us off, which I dont think he originally had that intention, then he must really have wanted to get his car up and going and for that :dunno: he seemed to have more pride in himself than that.:inout:

thats about what we spend a month no name brand stuff with being laid off only bringing in about 800 a month, i haven't had a coffee in a while coffee pot broke. ok back on topic. i wonder if he's made enough stamping licience plates to pay everyone back?

wprocomp
12-24-2010, 10:20 PM
digging up old shit here-Phil did you ever hear from him (highly doubt it)-I did my best back in the day to use the info you gave me but I couldn't get anywhere with it.

He/she whatever also changed there ebay account again-after he took our money they changed there ebay account info and apparently they changed there ebay account again in fact it got changed in June not long after you sent out the letter.

b20a2fast4u till sep of 09
onelostsoul1997 till June of 10
current ebay name no clue

89T
12-24-2010, 11:36 PM
f**k tommy.

2oodoor
12-25-2010, 08:02 AM
its been two years now since I was sitting here trying to figure a way to buy those mounts from somebody else here and then TOOLOUD came up with this idea to get several of us to pitch in to buy them so he could take them to be copied. Of that deal we were to recieve a full set of mounts for a fraction of the original cost, our money we gave him to buy those originals.
Never happened.
But what did happen was there were newly fabricated mounts made available to purchase , at least from my understanding.
So basically what the group of us who pitched in did was support 3geez to be able to get them at whatever cost those guys are selling them for. They are selling them arnt they? Correct me if im wrong.

The others here who paid full price and never got shit, I am very sorry, you all lost considerably more than we did but all the same, lesson learned:(
I think a con doesnt work without that factor of greed or getting something for nothing or a too good to be true bargain. A streight up theft is where you paid for something and never got it.

wprocomp
12-25-2010, 07:25 PM
well not to be rude but your only partially correct. And I am not going to a shit talking contest just some "facts" according tim or whatever his name was @ innovative.

1.The mounts where already in production-a customer already had an accord in the shop for mount/fab work (to this day I still do not know who it was) Tommy just made the job a bit easier by allowing them to use the place-racing mounts.

2.Yeah they are selling them @ a cost that's not much different from what they already list them on there website for,we didn't pay for fab work-the people that chipped in to buy the place racing mounts may have felt that way,but the people that paid $300(a price that was NEVER agreed on in the first place according to innovative guy) PAID for the Innovative mounts.

summary.

Tommy got a free set of place-racing mounts
Tommy got a free set of Innovative mounts
Tommy gained several thousand dollars in his pocket
Tommy just happened to have 2 accords that needed swaps
money for the motor and free mounts to boot
pretty convenient.

Vanilla Sky
12-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Tommy got a free set of place-racing mounts
Tommy got a free set of Innovative mounts
Tommy gained several thousand dollars in his pocket
Tommy just happened to have 2 accords that needed swaps
money for the motor and free mounts to boot
pretty convenient.

Not getting into this as a moderator or any other member of the staff of ANY forum, but THIS seems like exactly what went down.

SQ is the SQUAD
12-26-2010, 02:21 PM
i highly doubt its was a scamm from the beginning, but they way it was handled turned it into a scam. there could of b een some time of communication relayed to us.

SQ is the SQUAD
11-15-2011, 10:51 PM
any word on tommys whereabouts, i still want my money back.

bryan6732
11-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Damn, I never knew about this group buy until now.
Sad that people cheat on their board friends... He even used to be a 'trusted' member I assume!?

guaynabo89
11-16-2011, 04:49 AM
If you didn't take legalactions by now I highly doubt youll be seeing any money back.

89T
11-16-2011, 07:21 PM
He is/was in stockton california

SQ is the SQUAD
11-17-2011, 05:59 PM
so is he "out"?

SQ is the SQUAD
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
what is his last name again?

mykwikcoupe
11-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Id be doubtful he ever went myself to jail myself. I think the opportunity presented itself and he was out!!! His car was seen for sale quite a while ago on craigslist was it not?

SQ is the SQUAD
11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
please post link if possable. anyinfo is good info. i need to recover that money.

MessyHonda
11-20-2011, 08:21 PM
please post link if possable. anyinfo is good info. i need to recover that money.

yeah man you should of sued long ass time ago. or get a lawyer

stat1K
11-21-2011, 09:59 AM
nah you have a lot of time to really handle this, but suing and getting a lawyer will cost you more than your recooperation so that's kind of a moot point unless you're just out to prove something. the fact is what he did is actually a federal crime because it's intrastate bank/wire/eft/ach fraud which is a pretty stout penalty, but the way he did it was pretty genius really. using his wife/girlfriends paypal makes it on her not him so pro move.

gp02a0083
11-21-2011, 12:07 PM
nah you have a lot of time to really handle this, but suing and getting a lawyer will cost you more than your recooperation so that's kind of a moot point unless you're just out to prove something. the fact is what he did is actually a federal crime because it's intrastate bank/wire/eft/ach fraud which is a pretty stout penalty, but the way he did it was pretty genius really. using his wife/girlfriends paypal makes it on her not him so pro move.

we are having issues like this on another forum that i'm part of. Many members are selling parts and goods and basically robbing the buyer of their cash because they don't send the part or don't even have it to begin with. For the future if there is money sent even online for goods or services and something like this happens, it is considered Fraud

stat1K
11-21-2011, 12:36 PM
yeah and it's typically intrastate which makes it a federal matter but because of the amount i'd think it rather unlikely for the fbi to get involved.

w261w261
11-22-2011, 07:00 PM
I've watched this unfortunare story ripple through the board for what seems to be years now. All this talk about lawyers, fraud, lawsuits etc etc. I know it's frustrating to see hard-earned money disappear into some slimeball's pocket, but the reality is that in all liklihood that money is gone and has been gone. The only way it's coming back is for this jerk to have a moral turnaround (extremely unlikely), or have someone track him down, throw him up sgainst the wall, and threaten to beat the shit out of him (also extremely unlikely).

Those that lost were suckered by an alleged compatriot, the money is gone, and it's not coming back. At least it wasn't anyone's life savings, which happens to people too. All the talk about legalities and so forth is just an exercise in hot air. Sad, but true.

2oodoor
11-23-2011, 07:52 AM
totally agree^^^

Even if someone won a civil suit there is no way to hold him to paying it if he already isn't concerned about the ramifications.
Even if he was indicted fed or not, a case like this has mulitfaceted elements of witnesses, evidence tracking and questions of intention etc. that could potentialy drag the case out for years not to mention the expense of it compared to more serious issues out there making it low priority for law enforcement.
Even if he got a conviction, unless he does this as his career and has a pattern of this behavior he would not do much time.

Dr_Snooz
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
or have someone track him down, throw him up sgainst the wall, and threaten to beat the shit out of him (also extremely unlikely).

I kind of assumed that was why this thread keeps coming up. Minus the "threaten" part.

stat1K
11-24-2011, 09:03 AM
i would think that someone would threaten more than just to "beat him up"

SQ is the SQUAD
11-24-2011, 05:17 PM
i dont care if he only does a day in jail, he needs to pay for what he did.

89T
11-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Becareful what you guys say on a public fourm. ;)

wprocomp
11-27-2011, 07:46 PM
dunno if info is good anymore

Street Address City Name on phone Phone #
5323 CARRINGTON CIR APT 5
STOCKTON, CA 95210 TRULL TOMMY (209) 957-3612

called it back in the day never got a answer-don't care what anyone says dudes a thief.

SQ is the SQUAD
07-11-2012, 04:38 AM
no new updates? i still want my money back................

lostforawhile
07-11-2012, 08:30 AM
Can someone cliffs this for the new guys

SQ is the SQUAD
07-16-2012, 04:39 AM
hard to make clifs when no one really knows what happened to the guy.

basically we had a group buy assembled by a respected group member. he collected the money and was never heard from again. his girlfriend posted a few times, left no really info and was a bitch......................

SQ is the SQUAD
09-28-2012, 05:14 AM
i still want my money!

nswst8
09-28-2012, 03:40 PM
It is pretty easy to find him. He is not hiding to well. As long as you have his basic information you can track him down. I did and shared all the information with anyone who requested it from me.

You will only recover your money through a civil suit and that will only get you a judgement that you will have to enforce at your own expense. So you must weigh the cost of your time and money invested thus far. You can file a complaint of fraud but again you will have to push to see your day in court, again time, effort and expense is your responsibility.

Again finding him is not the problem.

nswst8
09-28-2012, 03:47 PM
There are nine addresses listed for him in Stockton, CA.

SQ is the SQUAD
10-06-2012, 11:39 AM
has anyone confirmed/contacted him?