PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done an Acura legend engine swap into 3g?

Honda_Hobby
06-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Last night I saw an acura legend coupe parked right next to my 3g coupe both were 1989 and tell you they look exactly the same size etc... But acura has a v6 engine with 170hp. So my question is has anyone ever thought of swapping that engine into 3g? In theory it shouldn't be that difficult seeing as the two are based on the same platform so acura engine would technically fit somewhat easily. Anyway if anybody attempted this let me know what you had to modify to do it, I'm looking at maybe doing this swap in the winter.

ghettogeddy
06-09-2010, 12:09 PM
thought of but i dont think any one has ever finished a swap

Legend_master
06-09-2010, 12:50 PM
A couple swaps have been performed, but nobody has successfully had one running. Also its only 149HP/146TQ, and the engine is very heavy this would really throw the balance of the car off. If you are considering a swap, try the B-series. Everything else is easy to do since the mounts are being sold. You can also get a b20 motor with close to the same HP, but less TQ. The legend swap would be sick, but take a lot of work.

Tomisimo
06-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I second that ^^

there was one swap done in Denmark, i think thegreatdane posted a pic of a blue one.

AccordEpicenter
06-09-2010, 01:23 PM
you need to go turbo. 170hp is not worth swapping in a v6. Might as well get a 3.2 or 3.5 with nearly 300hp, but going turbo makes the most sense.

stat1K
06-10-2010, 08:40 AM
god is it that time of year again? how many more of these are we gonna have? lets have a pool eh?

Legend_master
06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I second that ^^

there was one swap done in Denmark, i think thegreatdane posted a pic of a blue one.

I don't think that car ever ran, he just got it mounted into the bay.

guaynabo89
06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
god is it that time of year again? how many more of these are we gonna have? lets have a pool eh?

Like it or not these threads keep the forum alive.
It gives us all something to talk about. ;)

OP

Go B series if you want to swap. exhaust is going to be a pain as well. too much work for not enough payback.

Legend_master
06-10-2010, 05:42 PM
I second that ^^

The original thread is archived, but you can read about it here (http://www.3geez.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-7330.html)

http://www.honda-klub.dk/data/cache/1/1/640x480.d0b5eca0.32711.jpg

http://www.honda-klub.dk/data/cache/5/9/640x480.98af8de5.32795.jpg

stat1K
06-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Like it or not these threads keep the forum alive.
It gives us all something to talk about. ;)

OP

Go B series if you want to swap. exhaust is going to be a pain as well. too much work for not enough payback.

unfortunately what you say is true... and no i don't like it.

there's so much more to talk about not just the same questions year after year. but, this is what we spend a good deal of time on, because if we don't address it the posts would just go away into oblivion, oh wait... maybe that should be our course of action? i've scared enough of them off on my own, how bout the rest of you help out and we can rid this place once and for all. :)

but in reality, the only reason these threads are so annoying is because no one ever has the stuff to do it, they just come in asking about it. it's like the same threads from years ago of people asking about the 1st gen integra and the 3rd gen prelude parts fitting the 3g accord because they look similar. just because the car looks close, doesn't mean it is.

lastly, i'd like to say, the mods should close these threads as soon as they come up. i'm still in favor of the if you haven't been on the forum for at least 90 days you can't post or make a new thread.

Civic Accord Honda
06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
an ae86 looks similar to a 3g hatch can i make a 3g a drifto car with a 2jz swap? is it direct bolt in? someone help me out im really considering doing this

Honda_Hobby
06-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Wow if I knew this simple question would get all of you fired so much I would not have posted it. And to answer all this criticism about reoccurring questions people join these forums for the need to know and want to contribute so the least you can do is not to make them feel stupid. C'mone its just a theoretical question and if it wasn't for them we would never land on the moon.

Tomisimo
06-11-2010, 10:15 PM
an ae86 looks similar to a 3g hatch can i make a 3g a drifto car with a 2jz swap? is it direct bolt in? someone help me out im really considering doing this

LoL

I Agree with HondaHobby about one thing. fantasy makes future.
But there was countless threads about this same or very similar question.

A18A
06-11-2010, 10:23 PM
gawd the wiring in that accord posted above looks like one clusterfuck of a mess

Civic Accord Honda
06-11-2010, 10:30 PM
gawd the wiring in that accord posted above looks like one clusterfuck of a mess

haha i remember you saying that about my old legends stock wireing

Civic Accord Honda
06-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Wow if I knew this simple question would get all of you fired so much I would not have posted it. And to answer all this criticism about reoccurring questions people join these forums for the need to know and want to contribute so the least you can do is not to make them feel stupid. C'mone its just a theoretical question and if it wasn't for them we would never land on the moon.

how would you like answering the same thing over and over again? it gets old after you have been on here for so many years. and when you see "Swap threads" every other day when there is alot of information on here saying what fits and what doesn't and whats needed to make them fit. it really makes you want to pull your hair out having to retype the same thing all the time.

search and you will do well on this forum. if you chose not to search first you will most likely end up hating us and leaving =/

buy if you stay and search you will love us and probably end up dumping 5 times the kbb in to your car because you may fall in love with it.

btw to answer the question, it can be made to fit anything is possible (there is a ef with a J swap ffs) but axles, wiring, shift linkage, mounts etc all are going to have to be home made and you will have to know how to weld and you will need a large bank account.

so if you REALLY want to do a swap, get the B swap mounts, and get a B16 and search all the threads to find out what axles and shit you will need.

but if you just want a good peppy cheap reliable car then just slap a few bolt ons on your car do some weight reduction and be happy with the stock engine

stat1K
06-12-2010, 07:42 AM

three things.

1, there is a search function for your "theoretical" questions.
2, there is an entire section based on swap information, and taking a gander would net you an answer in oh i dont know 30 seconds?
3, we landed on the moon?

guaynabo89
06-12-2010, 07:50 AM
lol

If it makes you feel any better i wouldn't have posted in this thread that has been asked and answered a million time over if you wouldnt have gone off on him. :kekeke:

Dr_Snooz
06-12-2010, 08:12 AM
three things.

2, there is an entire section based on swap information, and taking a gander would net you an answer in oh i dont know 30 seconds?

No one makes you read every thread. If it's such a trial for you to read a repeated question, then skip over it. If it causes you such anguish to deal with people who don't know as much as you, then go to the astrophysics discussion board and have fun. In case no one has told you yet, the 3g is an old bucket of junk that no one cares about anymore. The people who are buying them now don't have big garages or all kinds of tools, but they do have dreams. If they want to dream about turning their 3g into a monster, who are you to piss all over that? It's clear that being on 3geez makes you unhappy, irritable and antisocial, so why don't you go somewhere else? Do you even have a 3g?

Honda_Hobby
06-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Well first thanks to all the veterans of this forum for taking the time to type up responses. I was not thinking about doing that legend swap but just wondered if its been done, if I would spend money on swapping new engine i'd like to get the most power out of it but in all reality just like my nickname says my car is a hobby because its not my daily driver but just something i got because it was free. I like it not because its fast or luxurious or even extremely comfortable I like it because its different, it has a retro feel to it that reminds of my childhood in USSR. Basic simplicity and function combined in one thing to get from point A to point B while returning excellent gas mileage. Back in the day they used to make cars to last beyond the warranty and my honda looks way better after 20 years then most cars on the road. Plus as an added bonus I can work on thing myself unlike with my other two cars.

MessyHonda
06-13-2010, 09:15 AM
hope these guys didnt scare you away...we like people that work on there own cars and post pics...so we can comment

stat1K
06-13-2010, 09:30 AM
No one makes you read every thread. If it's such a trial for you to read a repeated question, then skip over it. If it causes you such anguish to deal with people who don't know as much as you, then go to the astrophysics discussion board and have fun. In case no one has told you yet, the 3g is an old bucket of junk that no one cares about anymore. The people who are buying them now don't have big garages or all kinds of tools, but they do have dreams. If they want to dream about turning their 3g into a monster, who are you to piss all over that? It's clear that being on 3geez makes you unhappy, irritable and antisocial, so why don't you go somewhere else? Do you even have a 3g?

i lol at how mad you guys get at how mad i get, it's rather amusing.

the point of the matter is that these threads are a waste of space. i think one of our new icons does justice to this point, :deadhorse:

it has nothing to do with the fact that they know less than me or you, it has to do with the fact that people are so lazy they don't even search, they just click the new thread button. well i don't think anyone with 0 posts should be allowed to make a new thread asking the same question that 30,000 other new members with 0 posts asked on their first thread. that's being mean or going to far?

sheesh, my vote is still :bandance:

edit: oh and 3geez doesn't make me irritable or antisocial, this is just my outlet for venting, clearly you need to rethink your Dr. title don't you?

Dr_Snooz
06-13-2010, 11:24 AM
i lol at how mad you guys get at how mad i get, it's rather amusing.

the point of the matter is that these threads are a waste of space. i think one of our new icons does justice to this point, :deadhorse:

it has nothing to do with the fact that they know less than me or you, it has to do with the fact that people are so lazy they don't even search, they just click the new thread button. well i don't think anyone with 0 posts should be allowed to make a new thread asking the same question that 30,000 other new members with 0 posts asked on their first thread. that's being mean or going to far?

sheesh, my vote is still :bandance:

edit: oh and 3geez doesn't make me irritable or antisocial, this is just my outlet for venting, clearly you need to rethink your Dr. title don't you?

I apologize, my last post was typed in anger. Please forgive me.

Let's be honest though, stat1k, you have an ongoing problem conducting yourself with any civility on this board. The truth is that the noobs have you outnumbered and are going to keep coming and posting silly questions. If that's going to throw you into fits of apoplexy every time, then perhaps you should find another board. So far as I can tell, your contributions to this one have been persistently negative. You have contributed no build threads, no how-tos, nothing except your venom and hatred.

If that's all you can manage, then you should begin to look at the changes you need to be making in your own life. If you're so unhappy that you can only find solace by flaming random strangers on the internet, you have a problem, even if you try to laugh it off with cute smilies. Talk to your doctor, talk to your therapist, get the meds you need, the support you need and think about finding another board.

Okay?

HondaHobby, I apologize to you too. I've looked past too many of stat1k's hate-mongering posts and I lost my cool.

I hope you stick around long enough to find that most of the guys here are cool and helpful, even if a couple of us are too high-strung.

Civic Accord Honda
06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
lol noobs need a good flaming... look at me... i think i was one of the most flamed members on here.... it trained me and it did well, we need to keep the 3geez bootcamp going. otherwise i would still be a ricer that doesn't even know how to change his spark plugs :lol:
now i can completely take apart 2 3gees and build a good one out of them and much more stuff, all the work my cars need is done by me, if it wasn't for this forum i would still be going to mechanics and i would consider bolting a wing on my car as real car work.. :lol:

Legend_master
06-15-2010, 06:19 PM
three things.

First off, that one had me ROFL! and to answer maybe we landed on the moon lol. Really tho, you can not have a forum without new blood in here. We all get to the point where we can't be on the forum all the time, so the only people making traffic are the noobs. Looking back at my original threads nobody took me serious on my question (especially about swaps), but what they didn't know is that I saw that white sedan with the b16 swap on H-T and instantly new I had to do that to a hatch (always liked those cars). I didn't even own a 3G when I came to the forum LOL, but I bought one from a member after I got my hands on a set of PRI mounts. So be gentle with the noobs, and treat them as Grasshopper, and you are sensei!

88lxi-shortram
06-15-2010, 06:50 PM
yea dude im still a newb on the forum and i had my fair share of shit from everyone but ive been a member for maybe 3 -4 months and i already know a hell of alot more than i did and i even found people willing to sell me parts for cheap as hell. stick around and enjoy the forum.

-DWM-
06-15-2010, 06:51 PM
I would say it's totally not worth the effort. If you do a V6, go with a J-series and blow our minds. I hope you're a good fabricator.

Internet forum tip: read more, post less.

Legend_master
06-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I would say it's totally not worth the effort. If you do a V6, go with a J-series and blow our minds. I hope you're a good fabricator.

Internet forum tip: read more, post less.

:thumbup:

stat1K
06-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I apologize, my last post was typed in anger. Please forgive me.

Let's be honest though, stat1k, you have an ongoing problem conducting yourself with any civility on this board. The truth is that the noobs have you outnumbered and are going to keep coming and posting silly questions. If that's going to throw you into fits of apoplexy every time, then perhaps you should find another board. So far as I can tell, your contributions to this one have been persistently negative. You have contributed no build threads, no how-tos, nothing except your venom and hatred.

If that's all you can manage, then you should begin to look at the changes you need to be making in your own life. If you're so unhappy that you can only find solace by flaming random strangers on the internet, you have a problem, even if you try to laugh it off with cute smilies. Talk to your doctor, talk to your therapist, get the meds you need, the support you need and think about finding another board.

Okay?

HondaHobby, I apologize to you too. I've looked past too many of stat1k's hate-mongering posts and I lost my cool.

I hope you stick around long enough to find that most of the guys here are cool and helpful, even if a couple of us are too high-strung.

sorry i'm so late on this but i felt it necessary to address your assessment.

none of my posts are type in anger. only in the mounts thread was i truly angry. most of my posts are typed in laughter, this shit is so ridiculous, as i'm sure most of you older members realize. and yes we are all new at some point, but no we don't all have retarded questions (cah excluded from that statement.)

see i think the problem is when reading my comments a lot my sarcasm is lost and a lot more of my dickheadishness shines through. really what it comes down to is that i find it difficult to pander, i'm not one to do it in life or on the internetz.

people can search and read, it's not difficult. like dwm said, read more, post less. perfect point. if these guys were do'ers rather than dreamers i wouldn't even post, like vector, he wanted to do something so he got out and did it. if you're asking questions like the one in this thread you probably don't have the knowledge, the ability, the tools, or the experience it's going to take to install something like this.

the simple point is that the reason the question was brought up to begin with was because the cars LOOK the same. and my point remains, just because it looks the same doesn't mean it is.

and snooz, no one MADE you look at my posts did they? see what i did there? eh? eh?

bryan42688
06-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Snooz you are right , this guy does need some meds lol maybe a woman or a man =)

guaynabo89
06-18-2010, 05:16 PM
forums are not chat rooms guys. Keep the crap where it belongs.

this happenes on every board everywhere. Simple as that. Do what I do......dont post. ;)

stat1K
06-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Snooz you are right , this guy does need some meds lol maybe a woman or a man =)

i lol'd.

forums are not chat rooms guys. Keep the crap where it belongs.

this happenes on every board everywhere. Simple as that. Do what I do......dont post.

you know how many times i don't? it's astounding.

but when people post stuff like the guy above you it's not really worthy of a well thought out response.

can we get john to lock this yet?

2ndGenGuy
06-18-2010, 09:35 PM
k :D