PDA

View Full Version : tranny question

zigzag
06-27-2010, 08:35 AM
im thinking about dropping a new engine in the honda so i had a question about the transmission.... with an A20A3, webber 38/38, and roodoos ported manifold will the transmission i have in the honda now hold up to the extra power.

i have a 1988 honda accord with the A20A1 right now.. engines toast and i miss my honda :( i hope it will work cause if so the olds i have now will be sold and the money i get from it will go towards the honda.

thanks guys.

stephensimmons
06-27-2010, 01:42 PM
You didnt say if you had an auto or a manual? Eather way though you should be fine unless you are having tranny problems now.

zigzag
06-27-2010, 01:46 PM
its an auto and the tranny is in great condition

2oodoor
06-27-2010, 04:30 PM
you do have the weber adapter plate correct?

like I said in the PM, it is vital that the TV cable be set up proper and it should be fine

You will need a dizzy from an A20A1 or unless you convert to EDIS>and use MJ

zigzag
06-27-2010, 05:41 PM
what is a dizzy? i thought the intake manifold would just hook up to the back of the A20A3. could someone explain the convert to EDIS>and use MJ? I'm at a loss >.< sorry.... still learning about cars :(

zigzag
06-28-2010, 06:25 AM
dizzy....are you talking about the distributor cap? if so i feel pretty f_ing ignorant right now >.< if not then i feel equally ignorant.... i do have brand new dis.cap and rotor bolted to the crapped out engine.

i searched the forum and came across a thread talking about the conversion to EDIS.. it is interesting but i defiantly do not have the know how to do that.

i knew about the TV cable having to be adjusted.. the only thing i forgot was if screwing up advanced the shifting or the other way around.

also yes i do have the adapter plates.. i ordered off the website you guys gave me for the 38/38.. are there any other modifications i need to make to the plates?

car6289
06-28-2010, 07:43 AM
i knew about the TV cable having to be adjusted.. the only thing i forgot was if screwing up advanced the shifting or the other way around.

Late upshifts TV cable is too short; early upshifts TV cable is too long.

ghettogeddy
06-28-2010, 08:18 AM
umm stay away form trannys there normally men dressed as a woman and never the other way around lol

anyways i have no real info to provide as i have not even read the thread lol maybe cause its my Friday and ive been up way to long lol
going to bed

2oodoor
06-28-2010, 08:21 AM
you should be able to use the distributor from the old motor, and btw that would mean not just the cap, its the whole thing..

you dont have to open up the adapter plates (port opened up some to match bottom of carb chokes)
but it certainly will help and will permit you the advantage of the opened up manifold:D
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66591

zigzag
06-28-2010, 11:56 AM
so if i stuck with the A20A1 would i lose power compared to the A20A3?