PDA

View Full Version : innovative mounts question

Ju_S12_Turbo
06-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Well it says for a b series motor swap right? Both B and Newer D (From my understandings) series have the same mounting points. So What I am asking is could you bolt up a D series block in theory?

I know I am gonna get flamed about the motor being weaker then the a20 and what not, I am asking because I have one at my house from my friends old car. So if the a20 ever bites the bullet I can buy those mounts and toss in that motor then get the B series later on.

Thanks for any help

stat1K
06-27-2010, 11:34 AM
b and d-series blocks do not have the same mounting points, nor do they use the same mounts. the only chassis that this could be considered with is the EK chassis, however, the b-series mounts for that chassis are specific to the chassis itself, not the motor.

for example:

to put a d16y8 from an EK chassis car into say an EF you use the EF mounts, not the EK mounts, therefore the B-mounts for the accord are exactly that, to fit a B-series motor into the chassis. since the mounts on the D from the EK chassis are different than those of the B16A2 that came in the 99-00 Si it would not work that way.

Civic Accord Honda
06-27-2010, 01:22 PM
just custom fab your mounts :) d-series ftw
(however i know this wont happen =( )

Ju_S12_Turbo
06-28-2010, 04:49 AM
b and d-series blocks do not have the same mounting points, nor do they use the same mounts. the only chassis that this could be considered with is the EK chassis, however, the b-series mounts for that chassis are specific to the chassis itself, not the motor.

for example:

to put a d16y8 from an EK chassis car into say an EF you use the EF mounts, not the EK mounts, therefore the B-mounts for the accord are exactly that, to fit a B-series motor into the chassis. since the mounts on the D from the EK chassis are different than those of the B16A2 that came in the 99-00 Si it would not work that way.
Ah thanks for clarifying that for me , kinda a bummer cause I am a pretty big fan of the D series :(

MessyHonda
06-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Ah thanks for clarifying that for me , kinda a bummer cause I am a pretty big fan of the D series :(

i have a performance a20 for sale

stat1K
06-28-2010, 11:41 AM
the reason he wanted to do the d-swap was because he had a free (i'm guessing free or cheap) d-motor at the ready... he is local to you though messy so maybe he'll take you up on it.

gtmst3
06-28-2010, 05:14 PM
i have a performance a20 for sale

how much shipped to 06706

MessyHonda
06-28-2010, 11:02 PM
i dont want to deal with shipping...asking 1000 firm for the whole swap

Ju_S12_Turbo
06-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah I have a D motor ready for me anytime, it was more of a idea because I have worked with the D series for awhile, And as much as I would love a baller A20, I need to get my new car running good, which if you would ever want to come to my neck of the woods lol. I have some sweet roads and trees to take epic pics lol