PDA

View Full Version : URGENT! Need a DX AC Delete box!

mushroom_toy
06-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Does anyone know where I can find one? Ive tried 4 junkyard and looked though about 40 cars and every accord Ive looked at had AC. I need the box that runs from the main ducting to the blower motor, but I need it out of DX with no ac. Someone help lol I need it quick to get my car back together!!! If anyone has any info of where I can get one, the part number of it or anything or one you could sell/send me please let me know Thanks.

lostforawhile
06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know where I can find one? Ive tried 4 junkyard and looked though about 40 cars and every accord Ive looked at had AC. I need the box that runs from the main ducting to the blower motor, but I need it out of DX with no ac. Someone help lol I need it quick to get my car back together!!! If anyone has any info of where I can get one, the part number of it or anything or one you could sell/send me please let me know Thanks.

I've never seen one, just take an evaporator out of it's box, seal up the holes on the box and put the empty box back in. I made one, but I needed the space under the dash. I think I have a box i'll have to look, it acts as a duct

mushroom_toy
06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah thats the prob my box has been cleared when I took my ac out, I just need the smaller ducting so I have room to mount my fusebox.

lostforawhile
06-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Yeah thats the prob my box has been cleared when I took my ac out, I just need the smaller ducting so I have room to mount my fusebox.

where do you need clearance? maby cut and modify the existing one with fiberglass?

mushroom_toy
06-27-2010, 12:33 PM
^ Yeah I thought about that but its waaay too much hassle and would cost more than trying to find the dx box in my case since I dont have any materials. I might try to make one out of house ac ducting, about to run to lowes and look around, my only problem is the curvature of where the box meets the exap boc, its curved with stripping to seal it, and with a square duct dont know how im gonna manage that.

I need the box or ducting as small as possible really.

Civic Accord Honda
06-27-2010, 01:27 PM
stupid huge fuse box lol, my civcs was tiny and fit right under the ac box, but yeah the 3gees is freaking huge (my 4gees is big too but not as big as the 3gees)
is there anywhere else u can mount it? like behind the center console or in the glove box?

2oodoor
06-27-2010, 04:44 PM
might try staples or office depot too, for plastic stock

mushroom_toy
06-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah actually I think I know what im gonna do, I bought a thinner piece of plexiglass and im gonna cut it to fit the ends of the ducts, then seal it. After that gonna cuts a hole in each one and run a simple piece of round ducting between it. Should work pretty good, and Ill have a stronger airflow to the vents with the smaller diamter pipe as well since air volume filled up the empty evap box.

lostforawhile
06-27-2010, 05:08 PM
you need a thicker piece for the blower end, it will fit into the opening on the blower, then you put screws through the edges to secure it, I tried the plastic and it just wouldn't work. I can send you a short piece of the round silicone duct if you need it, just paypal some shipping and i'll get it out to you, I know I have a couple of short sections of aluminum tube that it fits over also, maby some wood pieces and a hole saw, plus some epoxy?

lostforawhile
06-27-2010, 05:29 PM
this is the piece at the blower, you can see how it fits inside of the end of the blower, I made mine from a special plastic, but you could use wood,
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4021493.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4021495.jpg
this is the heater core end, I made a plate with a piece of aluminum tig welded to it, I think it has to sit on top of the surface, if I remember right , you can use wood again.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4021494.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b205/moultriemanicmechanic/S4021496.jpg