PDA

View Full Version : noticable front left wheel wobble/sound

mykwikcoupe
06-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Its like the bearing is bad? It sounds like a dry race but only at times. The wheel feels like its wobbling but when I swap rims its the same. Ive looked and checked and nothing looks bent. Anyone have any good ideas. The car has 250k on it and nothing looks bad in condition. Im pretty meticulous with maintence and checks. Thanks. Mike

2oodoor
06-29-2010, 03:39 AM
stuck caliper
cv axle not seated good enough
excessive positive camber

could be bearing but those usually just roar

im going with number one though, maybe remount brake hardware and bleed if the carz been sitting a while

89accordlxigentyers
02-24-2011, 12:14 PM
if its like a death wobble go to youtube and punch in death wobble... if its like that i just had the same problem last week.. all i did was replace the upper a amr where the upper ball joint is also replaces lower ball joints cv shafts tire rod ends and tires all the way around that solved the problem... depending on how many miles you have on ur car you should also get a new hub and bearing on both front sides saves you alot of time... all of that cost me around 500 to fix and did it all my self not to bad just took 2 days cause i didnt have a damned clue what i was doing lol... good luck man...

turabaka
02-25-2011, 12:34 AM
Have you checked to make sure the axle nut is torqued down all the way? Had one come loose on me recently, and it caused the hub to wobble a bit in the bearing. Kinda scary really.

2ndGenGuy
02-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Have you checked to make sure the axle nut is torqued down all the way? Had one come loose on me recently, and it caused the hub to wobble a bit in the bearing. Kinda scary really.

Same...

visal911
02-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Check the rims, specially if you have stock 20 year old steelies. I had a slightly bent rim and the car was just going crazy at the wheel, specially at low speeds..

gp02a0083
02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Like 89accord said , check the upper and lower ball joints first and control arms for play, the upper arm has a tendency of doing this. If not i would then check the raidus rod for play. if those check out fine then check the calipers, i noticed that the front caliper slider pins can wear out a little bit causing a wobble, but that's usually under braking conditions. if this checks out then its narrowed down to the axle or hub bearing.

when my hub bearing was going bad i noticed a high pitched scraping sound that was noticeable above 30 mph. i thought it was the backing / dust plate for the rotor, it sounded very similar.

89accordlxigentyers
03-05-2011, 10:08 PM
well guys its fixed finally i replaced the upper and lower ball joints tire rod ends cv shafts and all front bushings she drives like a brand new ride... next on my list is all the motor mounts and bushings like that cause i checked the rear bushings and all of that they were still soft and not ate out still looked brand spanking new lol...

visal911
03-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Niceeee

mykwikcoupe
03-09-2011, 08:51 PM
mine was the upper rear control arm bushings. everything has tightened up nicely. The bushings were all on back order so Im waiting for those to ship. The 3rd gen prelude mod left an incredibly squeaky sound. Im guessing the bushings arent lubed enough since they were used and I did handle them. Ill install new bushings if the regreasing doesnt fix it. They looked great. They just squeak now. I have a nasty bang every now and then that I think is the stabilizer bushings or the radius rod bushings.

mykwikcoupe
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
well just an update, in the time Ive waited for the bushings to come in Ive easily put a few thousand miles on the hatch. In this time the bad alignment has burned through a few sets of tires. I knew it was bad but figured it would be ok. Man a bad alignment is terrible. Ive lost a few mpg and whats worst 2 sets of rear tires. Just a reminder to have it checked at least once a year or as soon as you notice uneven wear. Im going to be installing the bushings tomorrow or sunday as they finally showed up and getting an alignment as well as another set of tires.