PDA

View Full Version : temperature gauge not working

Ju_S12_Turbo
06-29-2010, 12:30 AM
So I feel like I am posting a lot of threads and I hate to clutter up the forum, but I did searched and couldn't find what I was asking.

So Pretty much my Temp Gauge is not working, though my gas gauge is working so that checks out, also tried grounding out the yel/grn wire and nothing changed. Wire did not get hot (Not sure if it should lol) and gauge needle stayed way below the C zone. I was going through some wiring diagrams and I saw there was a 10amp fuse for it, but where is it? lol. Pulled all the fuses on the driver side and in the engine bay.

Fans do come on, once I get my volt meter back I will check for hot at the yellow/green wire. the dash has the Reverse Indiglo gauges, not sure if that helps out. I am thinking maybe that part of the gauge got messed up on install?

Any help would be great, thanks

bryan42688
06-29-2010, 10:44 AM
ithink that shares a fuse with your defroster's, try replacingthe temp sending unit 20 bux off of rock auto , fixed my probloem

Ju_S12_Turbo
06-29-2010, 11:09 AM
ithink that shares a fuse with your defroster's, try replacingthe temp sending unit 20 bux off of rock auto , fixed my probloem

But eeven if the sending unit is bad (Which I thought it would show hot all the time) I tried grounding the wire and nothing changed. Soooooooo idk

89T
06-30-2010, 05:44 PM
the guages temp sensor is a 1 wire sensor on t-stat neck.

Ju_S12_Turbo
06-30-2010, 07:24 PM
the guages temp sensor is a 1 wire sensor on t-stat neck.

With the male end on it right? If so I am pretty sure that is good

89T
06-30-2010, 07:33 PM
yea! male on the sensor, and female at the wire. that wire goes to the square plug right behind the headlight. It's right next to the battery so i would check for corosion for sure. After that it enters the fender area and runs into the cabin just in front of the door.

You checked the sensor resistance?

Ju_S12_Turbo
07-01-2010, 03:55 AM
yea! male on the sensor, and female at the wire. that wire goes to the square plug right behind the headlight. It's right next to the battery so i would check for corosion for sure. After that it enters the fender area and runs into the cabin just in front of the door.

You checked the sensor resistance?

Hmmmm I didn't know about the square plug, I'll check that for corosion for sure, because the plug was pretty nasty and I had to stripe part of it to get a good spot for grounding, And no I haven't yet, I need to get a muti-meter so I can check it.

Thanks for you help