PDA

View Full Version : 3Geez Engine Proof?

2Fast_Fiero
10-08-2002, 09:37 PM
I need something that I can print out that shows that a 1988-1989 Honda Accord DX and LX has a Carbed Engine. My brother is pissin me off cause he dont know shit about the 3rd Gen Era and he thinks he does. He's talkin shit tellin everyone I dont know what I'm talkin about just cause I told him that this Nice Ass 1989 Accord LX had a Carbed Engine.

A20A1
10-08-2002, 09:54 PM
The proof is under the hood... ask him to point to the injectors... I'd love to see what he thinks those are on the carbed engine. :D

2Fast_Fiero
10-08-2002, 10:44 PM
Well he suposedly never seen a 88-89 carbed accord. he belives that they did away with the carb after 87. Just because Pep boys done have any info on a 88-89 carbed accord

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Well it doesn't have a picture, but if you read on the second page (middle column towards the top, I believe) it says something about the DX being carb'd.

So go read the 3g Motor Trend review on my website! :)
http://www.geocities.com/jdpenttinen/3greview.html

Vanilla Sky
10-09-2002, 03:48 AM
look at my webpage... the motor work... 88 DX... you can CLEARLY see the carb

Derick

89LXiCoupe
10-09-2002, 10:51 AM
I think it's time you guys take a field trip like my older brother and I once did. My story was that 2 door 2G Tegs are somewhat hatchbacks and he argued that they are just like our 2 door 3G's. I was in the same situation. He said that I don't know jack-crack about what I'm saying, but I had to prove him wrong by going down to Sacramento. In your case, you guys could take a trip to the junkyard cuz that's where you'll find a lot of 3G's.

carotman
10-09-2002, 03:01 PM
is it that important for you that your brother beleives you?

Just show him a user manual

smufguy
10-09-2002, 07:54 PM
get a carbed engine damn VIN number, punch it in carfax.com and see what it says. it gies it right there. dammit. :mad:

larnaton
10-09-2002, 08:02 PM
Dude, go to Prep boys and show him the manual... Haynes that is.. It shows that it's carbed

anchovies
10-09-2002, 09:54 PM
go to honda

2Fast_Fiero
10-09-2002, 11:46 PM
that first thing that Jareds linked I printed out, I made a lil booklet lol. First thing in the morning I made sure my alarm went off so I could hand him that, I slaped it in his hands and told him to enjoy. Came back looked at me, and said "Oh" with his head down lookin at the ground lol. And why its soo important is cause I'm the baby in the family, I'm the last son, the oldest one is 19 years older then me, then there's another brother, then the one I live with. and the one I live with doesnt belive that I know cars even tho I have been the one fixing shit all over the house on every car, and I have been working at tons of auto shops. Its just I want my brothers to look up to me, my 2 oldest brothers look up to me and allways depend on me when they need help, and I love that. the one that lives with me never looks up to me, except to clean his truck. when that car was being smashed by Jay Leno, He said he wanted the engine out of it first, I told him its a 1989 Honda Accord DX with a CARBED ENGINE, he said No it isn't, its the same engine as the one in the 87 Accord. and then he went off talkin shit sayin I need to learn this and this, I told him to come on here and see for himself, but he didn't wanna be proven wrong. Ohh well, he was anyways, Thx Guys!

Justanothermike
10-10-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
I need something that I can print out that shows that a 1988-1989 Honda Accord DX and LX has a Carbed Engine. My brother is pissin me off cause he dont know shit about the 3rd Gen Era and he thinks he does. He's talkin shit tellin everyone I dont know what I'm talkin about just cause I told him that this Nice Ass 1989 Accord LX had a Carbed Engine.

this is toooooo funny