PDA

View Full Version : A couple problems

Juggalo88Accord
06-30-2010, 02:11 PM
So for those that remember my car broke down and i finally got it back up and running. Turned out to be a fuel pump but now that its drivable i have a few minor problems That would be nice to have gone. One is a skreech when i downshift i dunno if something just needs to be lubed or what. Tha more serious problem is misfireing while its cold. Once tha car warms up it runs perfect But it would be really helpful to have tha problem fixed cuz it reaks of gas and makes my muffler black and ricey looking. My brother is gonna post a video of tha misfireing in a minute.

cameron7710
06-30-2010, 02:18 PM
heres that video for everyone.

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s16/cameron_holey/?action=view&current=SMOV0053.mp4

also just to let u know all the parts that have been recently replaced.
-distributor
-carb
-spark plugs,wires,cap and rotor
-fuel pump
-fuel filters
-pcv filter

and thats about all thats relevant

rc00netzero
06-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Hmm from the black soot and gas smell - way too rich mixture at start-up sounds like. It could be carb is leaking fuel into manifold. Not real familiar with the honda carbs, but most have a device called a "vacuum break" which opens the choke up a little bit when the engine starts. This could be adjusted wrong or not functioning properly.

Juggalo88Accord
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Hmm from the black soot and gas smell - way too rich mixture at start-up sounds like. It could be carb is leaking fuel into manifold. Not real familiar with the honda carbs, but most have a device called a "vacuum break" which opens the choke up a little bit when the engine starts. This could be adjusted wrong or not functioning properly.

Would this make it act like this on start up? Its confusing me that it stops after 3 min then acts like nothing ever happend. Thanx for your info

Juggalo88Accord
07-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Ok so yesterday i was washing my car an when i got to tha muffler i relized it was bouncing around pretty feirce. After looking at it i relized i broke a exhaust hanger and sure enough its supposed to be welded to tha muffler. Im really trying to avoid bringin it to a shop an paying a 100$ minimum charge. IS There anyone in seattle area that can weld? I really dont wanna drive tha car until i have this taken car of theres no need having another one break.

Juggalo88Accord
07-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Just got back from tha shop got tha exhaust hangers welded on for free. ontop of that they welded it a bit higher so theres a bit more ground clearance. On my way to get new tires. If i can get tha screech and misfireing takin care of i will be done with most of tha problems ive been dealing with tha last few years. Later tonight im probably gunna start an update thread to keep me motivated.