PDA

View Full Version : 89 to 87 bumper swap

Ayeobe
06-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Going to buy a decent 89 EX-i on friday if all goes well, but i do love my 87's stiling.

How hard would you guys figure it would be to change the 89's front and rear bumpers for the 87's? I aint ritch, and i alredy have to make the thing pass Ontario and Quebec inspections to register it in Quebec, so im not gona have someone do it, but i was wondering if any of you guys would have any pointers. Im also gona swap some interior parts, but that will go into another thread.

A18A
06-30-2010, 09:30 PM
for the front one, there's 2 12mm bolts behind the indicator light on each side (on the 89, there will be 1 screw under the light towards the end side of the car, you will have to remove the horn covers to access it), and probably 2 10mm bolts under the bumper, once those are out, slide the bumper forward from the car & it will be off.

for the rear one, undo all the mud flap screws, and the 4 14mm bolts from under the car, and pull the bumper back from the car to get it off

Ayeobe
06-30-2010, 09:37 PM
Its easyer than i thought?! lol, thanks man. And i was planning on taking the mud flaps off. Its gona be a summer cruiser, and wont see any more winters for the rest of its days. Winter is the reason my 87 is dead...