PDA

View Full Version : Side door guards

CzEcHy
07-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Just wondering the best way to remove (and reinstall), the door guard things on the doors in the middle of the door..

I just wanted to repaint them properly and I don't want to mask off the car like last time.

charliekuney
07-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Remove (long, but clean way): remove door panel and innards, turn clips, remove.
Remove (short, but dirty way): pull and hope to God the clips don't break.

Install: slide on clips, snap on.

mykwikcoupe
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Mine fell of. what Ive found is on the doors they have a bolt that holds them in which you can access from the latch side of the door (outer area). The rear panel on a coupe and hatch anyways slides forwards and clips off. the front most piece needs the inner fender pulled or you wont get it out without breaking something. My suggestion is go to a junkyard and practice. You will most likely find a set worth painting instead of painting your after you remove them.

CzEcHy
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Any adhesive I can use to restick it on ust incase I break the clips..?

mykwikcoupe
07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
buy more clips from honda they are cheap. if you break that bolt though you need to find another way. The mouldings are salvageable unless you bend them so don't worry about the clips and focus on not pulling out but getting the clips to release. Take your time and think about whats holding it in and where

charliekuney
07-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Ooh, and don't forget the screw in the door (if sedans have them).

CzEcHy
07-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Maybe some needlenose will help me squeeze the clips from the outside while pulling the mouldings.

Meh I'll figure this out when it's sunny out and I feel like painting.

Thanks

charliekuney
07-01-2010, 10:41 PM
They don't work like that. You have to turn them sideways to put them in the door. If I still had my last coupe, I'd take pictures and show you, haha.