PDA

View Full Version : SEi @ Pick your part, San diego

nswst8
07-01-2010, 01:17 PM
There is a 89 SEi with the rear disc intact in Chula vista at Pick your part on Energy way.

This weekend is 50% off all parts 3,4,5 July. A great opportunity for a set of rear disc.

I already have a spare set, So I'm putting this out for you other die hards.

hammer3rd
07-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Make me a price on the cupholders shiped if they are still there. Thanks Mike C.

nswst8
07-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Hey guys, I'm just trying to let the locals know there is a SEi in the area. That I'm not going after for parts. I don't pull parts for resale. Sorry, it's just not worth my time.

But there was no armrest anyways.

DJ_LX-i
07-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Thank for the info man. I'll be headed out there tomorrow

nswst8
07-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Thank for the info man. I'll be headed out there tomorrow

Did you pick these up? If you did you forgot the brake proportioning valve and you don't need the trailing arms or the bracket connecting the trailing arms to knuckle.

The only items you need are:

E-brake cables
Rear knuckle w/rotors, wheel bearing, caliper bracket and calipers
pre-formed brakeline (approx 10" length)
Proportioning valve

2JES280
07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey guys, I'm just trying to let the locals know there is a SEi in the area. That I'm not going after for parts. I don't pull parts for resale. Sorry, it's just not worth my time.

But there was no armrest anyways.

good heads up. im headed there tomorrow. it might still be there, who knows.

i learned the hard way about buying parts at the yard to resell at forum members. a couple years back some MR2oc forum members talked me into picking up a butt-load of stuff for them from the junk yard. i spend about $100 on stuff for them and they all decided they didn't want it anymore. so i can totally understand not reselling.

nswst8
07-09-2010, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=2JES280;1026366]good heads up. im headed there tomorrow. it might still be there, who knows.[QUOTE]

The rear disc's were already gone but they just had a yard clearance this past weekend so the yard should be reloaded.

2JES280
07-10-2010, 07:49 PM
so i hit up ecology and pick-a-part and they were both loaded. however i was being charged "gringo" prices ang couldn't afford half the crap i wanted to get.
i found a 3g with coil-overs, two SEi's amongst a ton of other crap. i also discovered that a 1st gem supra spoiler fits onto the back of a hatch just fine. too bad im not going for the spoiler look. im more of an eco-mod guy myself.

THIS (http://www.internetmediastudio.com/supra/83_Supra/supra_header_3.jpg) is the spoiler im talkin about.

mykwikcoupe
07-11-2010, 07:44 AM
May fit but did you take a pic? Im wondering if it still flat witht he roof line like in the pic. That would look pretty tight I think.

ShyBoyCA6
07-11-2010, 09:31 AM
There a blue SE-I at my local junkyard everything still intact but the stock Bose Amp is gone but mounting bracket is still there. Just a heads up for you guys and location is at Sun Valley California.

Man if they had a 50 percent off I would tear that shit up lol and swap the rear disc if they line up with the sedan rear set up that is??...

nswst8
07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
There a blue SE-I at my local junkyard everything still intact but the stock Bose Amp is gone but mounting bracket is still there. Just a heads up for you guys and location is at Sun Valley California.

Man if they had a 50 percent off I would tear that shit up lol and swap the rear disc if they line up with the sedan rear set up that is??...

Yep, they do line up perfectly.

E-brake cables
Proportioning valve

ACE_14
07-11-2010, 12:36 PM
That Supra your talking about is a 2nd gen, or MKII is what they are called, not a 1st gen. Supra.

lostforawhile
07-11-2010, 12:47 PM
if you go back, look for a three g without cruise control buttons, and grab the horn contactor will you? it's attached to the combination switch under the steering wheel. little brass contact sticking up attached with phillips screws

ShyBoyCA6
07-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Yep, they do line up perfectly.

E-brake cables
Proportioning valve

oh sweet thanks for the info ill be taking piece by piece and storing it somewhere

frantik
07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
while you only need the parts nwst8 mentioned, its way easier to remove the entire knee assembly including trailing arm and ball joint from the car and then take it apart when it's removed. the knee is held onto the car by only like 4 or 5 bolts i think

they also charge you less for entire assemblies than for the individual parts (depending on who is doing the pricing)..

ShyBoyCA6
07-11-2010, 02:45 PM
^
yeah this one guy that works there charges me alot less than the others

and true on that but they have their pricing on every lil thing like from rotor to brake pad or calipers but they only charge you for the bigger items they could care less if it fits in your pockets like bolts or cables and wont check you for it.

i purchased a center console and had it in one piece and they notice that it a 2 piece and charge me for both pieces.

they just put that se-i proably like friday morning it had the armrest, cupholders, and steering wheel intact. it has the bose speakers and rear mudflaps, but no fogs or stock spoiler<or esle i would of taking it:D

2JES280
07-11-2010, 03:40 PM
if you go back, look for a three g without cruise control buttons, and grab the horn contactor will you? it's attached to the combination switch under the steering wheel. little brass contact sticking up attached with phillips screws
no...

i learned the hard way about buying parts at the yard to resell at forum members.

lostforawhile
07-11-2010, 03:42 PM
no...

thanks man, it's like a 2 dollar part. I really appreciate that, it's not like I can just go to a local yard and find these.

nswst8
07-11-2010, 06:00 PM
thanks man, it's like a 2 dollar part. I really appreciate that, it's not like I can just go to a local yard and find these.

No worries Tim, I drop by there every now and again, I'll keep an eye out for one.

Don't hold anything against him, he was burned buy some forum members once.

lostforawhile
07-11-2010, 06:09 PM
No worries Tim, I drop by there every now and again, I'll keep an eye out for one.

Don't hold anything against him, he was burned buy some forum members once.

I understand, sorry if i'm so ill it's the heat is all

russiankid
07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Tim is to old to rip anyone off...and considering his reputation on here too.

lostforawhile
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Tim is to old to rip anyone off...and considering his reputation on here too.

I'm just having a really hard time finding this little piece is all, the only way i'm ever going to find one, is if people look while they are at yards. most dx 3g's didn't have cruise, some did, but most didn't, but I've never had a dx come into the yard here. I wish I knew what happened to my original combo switch, because it had that piece on there, I climbed up in the loft in this heat today, and still couldn't find it, although i didn't find a bunch of mummified squirrels

frantik
07-11-2010, 11:30 PM
hey lost: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=73272

lostforawhile
07-12-2010, 03:24 AM
hey lost: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=73272

I sent him a PM, I know roodoo needs some hatch parts too, such as the metal piece that bolts under the tail lights

russiankid
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm just having a really hard time finding this little piece is all, the only way i'm ever going to find one, is if people look while they are at yards. most dx 3g's didn't have cruise, some did, but most didn't, but I've never had a dx come into the yard here. I wish I knew what happened to my original combo switch, because it had that piece on there, I climbed up in the loft in this heat today, and still couldn't find it, although i didn't find a bunch of mummified squirrels

I don't have any time to go to junkyards anymore, but the ones around me always have a ton of 3g's.

2JES280
07-12-2010, 07:23 PM
yeah. not trying to be a dick. it just sucks when i put the extra time, effort, and money toward something just to find out someone else changed their mind and im stuck with the part. thanks for understanding.

lostforawhile
07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
yeah. not trying to be a dick. it just sucks when i put the extra time, effort, and money toward something just to find out someone else changed their mind and im stuck with the part. thanks for understanding.

if I ever find one of these i'm not changing my mind, I just can't find the stupid little POS. and I have no horn until I do

frantik
07-12-2010, 08:12 PM
just wire one of the other random buttons or things in your car to be your horn :D

lostforawhile
07-19-2010, 07:29 AM
just wire one of the other random buttons or things in your car to be your horn :D

I hate to do that, since I went to so much trouble to make this fiat horn button function with the grant adapter.