PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how many tints were on the SE-i's?

w261w261
07-06-2010, 08:24 AM
There's an SE-i coupe for parts 70 miles from me ($200), and I'm thinking that if it has a bronze tinted windshield and the windshield isn't too bad, I may get it and put it away for a rainy day (I got the last bronze-tinted windscreen in North America about 3 years ago by driving to Montreal).

However, I don't believe that the SE-i coupes came in my graphite color (maybe they were blue?), and therefore maybe the windshield isn't bronze. The seller is like "huh?"

All the 3G were the same in the windshields I believe. Yes?

I'm planning on paying a glass person to take the screen out. With a pro doing it, what are the chances it will come out undamaged. I know they're good at putting them in, but the nature of there business probably doesn't give them much experience with what I want.

carotman
07-06-2010, 09:20 AM
The Coupe/hatch windshield is different from the Sedan.

charliekuney
07-06-2010, 12:21 PM
^ That, because of the shorter roof line on the coupe and hatch. Shorter roof line means a longer, lower angled window.

Sedans came in taupe (tan interior) and black (black interior), coupes in grey (black interior) and blue (tan interior). :)

lostforawhile
07-06-2010, 12:41 PM
The Coupe/hatch windshield is different from the Sedan.

thats strange, every glass person I talked to said the front windshields all had the same part number, i know the roof is different, but at the front i thought it was the same, can anyone pull a honda part number for both

charliekuney
07-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Majestic says:

73111-SG7-A91 for SE-i coupe.
73111-SE5-A10 for SE-i sedan.

When you go to sedan, it even has a special category called "windshield - sedan" as opposed to just "windshield" for the coupe and hatch.

lostforawhile
07-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Majestic says:

73111-SG7-A91 for SE-i coupe.
73111-SE5-A10 for SE-i sedan.

When you go to sedan, it even has a special category called "windshield - sedan" as opposed to just "windshield" for the coupe and hatch.i wonder if that has to do with the tint stripe being different at the top? i need to get one as my windshield is cracked

charliekuney
07-06-2010, 01:33 PM
No, the windows are completely different. I'll drive and park next to my neighbor's hatch and take a picture, then go to my friend's house and take a picture next to her sedan and show the angle and size difference.

lostforawhile
07-06-2010, 01:40 PM
No, the windows are completely different. I'll drive and park next to my neighbor's hatch and take a picture, then go to my friend's house and take a picture next to her sedan and show the angle and size difference.

great, i hope I can find one.

gtmst3
07-06-2010, 05:13 PM
There's an SE-i coupe for parts 70 miles from me ($200), and I'm thinking that if it has a bronze tinted windshield and the windshield isn't too bad, I may get it and put it away for a rainy day (I got the last bronze-tinted windscreen in North America about 3 years ago by driving to Montreal).

However, I don't believe that the SE-i coupes came in my graphite color (maybe they were blue?), and therefore maybe the windshield isn't bronze. The seller is like "huh?"

All the 3G were the same in the windshields I believe. Yes?

I'm planning on paying a glass person to take the screen out. With a pro doing it, what are the chances it will come out undamaged. I know they're good at putting them in, but the nature of there business probably doesn't give them much experience with what I want.

i live here in waterbury and i waoul give you a good sum of money for the rear disks armrest and stuff like that maby rims too like a couple hundred i was going to pick up this car but i have no room for it and you dont have the last bronze windo i have one in my sedan in my garage

lostforawhile
07-06-2010, 05:25 PM
i live here in waterbury and i waoul give you a good sum of money for the rear disks armrest and stuff like that maby rims too like a couple hundred i was going to pick up this car but i have no room for it and you dont have the last bronze windo i have one in my sedan in my garage

he meant the last one Honda still had in stock, they got him the last one they will ever sell

dacantu
07-06-2010, 05:33 PM
can you post pics of this "bronze" tinted windshield? I would like to know what this actually looks like and what the purpose of this is..

dacantu
07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
thats strange, every glass person I talked to said the front windshields all had the same part number, i know the roof is different, but at the front i thought it was the same, can anyone pull a honda part number for both

they are different. I have a sedan windshield on my coupe and have a small water leak because of it. I needed a windshield bad one day and had to settle for a sedan one because the glass company didnt have a coupe one.

gtmst3
07-07-2010, 06:28 PM
i know the car looks terrible but thats how it looked when i got it. it does not look like that now.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/7185/p1030291.th.jpg (http://img819.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1030291.jpg)

dacantu
07-07-2010, 07:20 PM
dangs thats actually pretty cool. I wonder if you could get that look with a almost transparent aftermarket tint.

w261w261
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Thanks guys. So I can't use the car that's in Hartford. For $200, a complete SE-i (ratty interior) isn't so bad. The seller is a piano tuner and just wants the car out of his yard I guess.