PDA

View Full Version : 87 accord hatch! carb issue... help?

Mercury
07-15-2010, 02:09 PM
This 87 automatic accord with only 70k miles on it has been running fine since I got it a month ago. (Was sitting for a couple months before.) Only a little hesitation when you press the gas from a stop.

Anyways recently it would randomly stall while driving. Then it would idle rough like it was running on two cylinders. I replaced the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor with it running a little bit better but still stalling. Now when I start it I have to press the gas and as soon as I let go... it stalls.

I checked the choke and it seems to be open when the car heats up. Checked the rear solinoid and it pushes forward when the ignition is on. I cleaned the carb with spray and also checked the timing. No vaccum leaks that I can see.

Won't idle at all now

Mercury
07-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Update, I poured gas into the round barrel towards the front of the car and the car runs good. Then the gas runs out and stalls. Help!

itzdave
07-15-2010, 04:00 PM
aounsa likw ur fuel filters may be clogged, there is one on the firewall that looks kinda like a big pill(just follow the fuel line from the carb to the firewall), and the other one is under the car behind the rear drivers side wheel.

Mercury
07-17-2010, 03:38 PM
I replaced both fuel filters today and it seemed to run ok for a couple seconds then it stalled again. Help?

import racer
07-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Seafoam that sucker!

Rendon LX-i
07-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Seems your carb if having some float issues. Need to rebuild that baby

Dr_Snooz
07-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Seems your carb if having some float issues. Need to rebuild that baby

x2. A rebuild is really the only thing I recommend for a carb acting up.