PDA

View Full Version : sad news for my car :(

danny nr crew
07-15-2010, 08:08 PM
well guys the story is that i was driving to work today when i heard something from my motor knocking i get to work open the hood and start listening for knocking i rev the motor and i hear knocking coming from the right side of the motor so i take it to a friend and right away he tells me that i spun a rod bearing so now i gotta look for a new block DAMN!!! well thought i would let ya'll know

Dr_Snooz
07-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Sorry to hear that and glad you plan to fix her. One question though, if it's a bearing, why would you need a block?

ghettogeddy
07-17-2010, 07:20 AM
Sorry to hear that and glad you plan to fix her. One question though, if it's a bearing, why would you need a block?

was gona ask that to lol
bearings aren't hard to replace or expensive

A18A
07-17-2010, 07:44 AM
maybe he suspects that there are gonna be more problems with the current motor and just wants to start off with another one. i know that's what i'd do if i had bottom end problems lol

danny nr crew
07-17-2010, 09:01 AM
yea a18a is right this motor just has some problems that i dont know how to fix so ima just go start on a new one. i just dont think this motor is going to last me no more i already replaced the head and tranny all i need now is a new block with low miles

ecogabriel
07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
yea a18a is right this motor just has some problems that i dont know how to fix so ima just go start on a new one. i just dont think this motor is going to last me no more i already replaced the head and tranny all i need now is a new block with low miles

Low miles??? Those words bring bad memories of DrSnooz's "low miles" engine... :uh: ...
Maybe you may want to consider rebuilding the one at hand; you will know what you have put in there.
Take a look at Mushroomtoy's engine rebuild thread. If you find a machine shop, you won't spend a fortune rebuilding the bottom end especially if you can do the assembly work.

Just a thought... and I am sorry for the trouble.