PDA

View Full Version : Race car/carb setup vacum lines

booskilla
07-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Hello gents. Completely new here. I was refered here by a member but have no idea what his nick is. EIther way looks like a good place to get some info.

I have a 86 prelude racecar but it has a 88 accord 2.0 carb motor. Now we're having big problems getting it going. Ever since last year i've been having problems with oil leaks. From crank seals to oil pan gaskets. Now we are having problems with the oil filters blowing the seals.

Not really sure what's causing it but we think it has to do with the carb and vacume lines. Almost (actually all) of the vacume lines are plugged off on the carb. My question is , is there some of the lines that are needed? remember thee is no heater in this car or anthing like that. It's guted. Only need the necessary things to make it run.

Also another question. There's a pipe that runs from the intake manifold to the exhausst manifold. What is the purpose of that pipe and what would happen if you just plug both ends????

Hope to hear from someone soon.

A18A
07-16-2010, 03:18 AM
did you plug the PCV hose? if not, maybe replace that valve. the pipe going from the intake to the exhaust is the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) it isn't required

itzdave
07-16-2010, 03:42 AM
you can look in the 'How-To' section on how to run the carb with virtually no vac lines.

booskilla
07-16-2010, 05:00 AM
Wow. Thx guys. As far as the oil filter blowing out we're going to check the pcv and that little black box on the back of the motor(not sure if it's needed)

I just looked over the thread with the carb setup. That's exactly what i was looking for. I knew there had to be some lines needed.

Thx a million guys. My freind told me this was the best place to go for help. By golly he was right lol.

Thx again.

itzdave
07-16-2010, 11:45 AM
my freind told me this was the best place to go for help. By golly he was right lol.

indeed!!!

booskilla
07-16-2010, 12:05 PM
IN the how to section for the carb it shows a picture in the first post with red stars to plug off. (this is the bare min what i'm looking for) I see some yellow lines on the carb that don't have anything going to them.

Do i just leave them open???????

cygnus x-1
07-16-2010, 08:12 PM
IN the how to section for the carb it shows a picture in the first post with red stars to plug off. (this is the bare min what i'm looking for) I see some yellow lines on the carb that don't have anything going to them.

Do i just leave them open???????

I'm not familiar with the Accord carbs really, but any open ports on the carb I would plug just to keep crud out of it.

You should stop over at Preludepower.com too and check out the 2g section. We have a few guys that race now or have raced in the past.

C|