PDA

View Full Version : Will This PCV Hose I Created Work?(w/Pic)

firefighterwhite89
07-16-2010, 05:45 PM
http://i875.photobucket.com/albums/ab320/firefighterwhite89/3geez/MyPCVDesign.jpg

This Is My Design I Drew For My 1986 Accord LXi's PCV Hose I Had To Replace. I Discovered It From Hunting Down An Idle Issue, The Original PCV Hose Had 5 Cracks In It/2 Of Them At Least an Inch Long.

I Can't Order This PCV Hose OEM From Any Auto Parts Store Around Here, So All I Could Think Of Was Hoses From O'Reillys(I Love My O'Reillys Buddies. They Tend To Give Me Things Free. Everything And I Mean Everything I've Bought From Them Is Lifetime Warrantied) And Tractor Supply For Hose Fittings And Clamps That Snuggly Fit The Hoses.
Now, it Fixed My Idle Problem, But I'm Wondering If The Hose Has To Be A Single Hose That Reduces From The PCV In To The PCV Out Like The Original Stock One Is. Will This Thing Clog? I Kinda Think It's A Poor Design, But Let Me Know What You Think.:huh:

-BTW, FYI I Believe All O'Reilly's Lifetime Warranties Literally Almost Everything They Sell, No Matter What It Is. Buy It Once, Take It Back When It's Bad With The Receipt And You Get A New One, Free. Advanced Auto Parts, Pep Boys, Napa And Auto Zone Don't Give Very Many Warranties On Anything, And When They Do, It's A 1 Year Warranty At Max. Who Doesn't Like Free Replacement Parts?:cheers:

Civic Accord Honda
07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
should work just fine

firefighterwhite89
07-17-2010, 04:20 PM
should work just fine

Ok. Thank You.

dr.jon007
10-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Thats pretty much exactly what I made for mine. I was in a pinch trying to t-shoot another issue and needed the PCV system sealed and working. I used a combo of ACE hardware parts and some parts from NAPA but it looked pretty much exactly like your drawing.

It worked fine for me. Didn't fix the other issue being caused by blown out pistons but the PCV part was spot on.