PDA

View Full Version : AC Question

9shorty20
07-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Alright so my Compressor is out..and i dont know whether i should buy the compressor or just install a whole AC system??..i dont really know how much a whole AC upgrade would run but the compressor is 250...Rebuilt....so what do you guys think?and do you guys know how much it would be for a whole system?

Dr_Snooz
07-19-2010, 08:52 PM
How do you know the compressor is out?

Civic Accord Honda
07-19-2010, 10:52 PM
replace compresser (Get the one that runs R134) and replace all the orings,and get a new dryer, and replace any hoses that look questionable , the metal lines and shit should be fine dont know why you would have to replace EVERYTHING lol

9shorty20
07-20-2010, 11:09 AM
How do you know the compressor is out?

it wont turn on when i turn the ac on

9shorty20
07-20-2010, 11:14 AM
replace compresser (Get the one that runs R134) and replace all the orings,and get a new dryer, and replace any hoses that look questionable , the metal lines and shit should be fine dont know why you would have to replace EVERYTHING lol

where is the dryer located?

Dr_Snooz
07-21-2010, 08:34 PM
it wont turn on when i turn the ac on

A blown fuse can cause that and it's a lot cheaper than a compressor. Can you be a little more descriptive? What's going on?

where is the dryer located?

Under where you fill the washer fluid.

Civic Accord Honda
07-21-2010, 08:49 PM
do this my man
disconnect the red wire from the compressor , run it to the battery with the car running if the ac engages the compressor and the clutch is good and its a fuse or a relay :)

btw dont leave it connected like that for more then a few minutes (you will have to have it connected this way when u fill it up with freon )

russiankid
07-21-2010, 09:17 PM
do this my man
disconnect the red wire from the compressor , run it to the battery with the car running if the ac engages the compressor and the clutch is good and its a fuse or a relay :)

btw dont leave it connected like that for more then a few minutes (you will have to have it connected this way when u fill it up with freon )

When you're fill it up with freon, you're better off jumping the low pressure switch.

LX-incredible
07-22-2010, 12:09 AM
I've never had to jump anything on these cars to charge...

nswst8
07-22-2010, 05:32 AM
I agree Angus, if it is just low on freon then it will charge up. If it is depleted then you will have to identify the leak, fix it then pull a vacuum and charge.

9shorty20
07-22-2010, 04:55 PM
A blown fuse can cause that and it's a lot cheaper than a compressor. Can you be a little more descriptive? What's going on?

well i took it to my friend that was gonna fill it up with freon and he said it was the compressor cuz it wouldnt even turn on when i had the ac all the way up

Civic Accord Honda
07-22-2010, 05:19 PM
When you're fill it up with freon, you're better off jumping the low pressure switch.
never knew about that lol doh but ive allways just used the clutch wire as its right up front and on my 4g and my old civic it just had a spade connecter on it so that i could used a pair of alligator clips to the battery lol

well i took it to my friend that was gonna fill it up with freon and he said it was the compressor cuz it wouldnt even turn on when i had the ac all the way up

it wont turn on dont matter what if its low on freon mine was the same way once i released all the old R12 i just jumped it on connected the can of r134a and filled her up

i do seem to be having problems now its still fully charged yet the cold air is not ice cold anymore its just cool so i think i need to replace the drier or something lol or it could be from my condenser not getting any air thru it (thing is dented to friggen hell and its been 110f out)

9shorty20
07-23-2010, 11:12 AM
well that shit doesnt have any freon at all so would that cause the compressor not to start

labeledsk8r
07-23-2010, 11:39 AM
well that shit doesnt have any freon at all so would that cause the compressor not to start

yes as its a safty item so it wont burn up your compresor. go get a leak down test by putting vacum on the system, if it holds get it charged back up

9shorty20
07-23-2010, 07:46 PM
yes as its a safty item so it wont burn up your compresor. go get a leak down test by putting vacum on the system, if it holds get it charged back up

alright and when can i get a vaccum to do this??:dunno:

labeledsk8r
07-23-2010, 07:52 PM
:facepalm: if you wana buy the machine to do it it will most likely set you back a few bills... or you cna take it to a shop to do so

Civic Accord Honda
07-23-2010, 08:25 PM
just buy a cheap can of freon with a gauge and try filling it up, u will need to jump the clutch on it tho as it wont turn on if it has no freon in it and it wont suck the freon in if its not turning

9shorty20
07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
just buy a cheap can of freon with a gauge and try filling it up, u will need to jump the clutch on it tho as it wont turn on if it has no freon in it and it wont suck the freon in if its not turning

and how do i go about doing this...is it how you said to jump the wire straight to the battery to check it its working??

Dr_Snooz
07-24-2010, 07:56 PM
and how do i go about doing this...is it how you said to jump the wire straight to the battery to check it its working??

I think you're in over your head. If you don't know what you're doing, you can seriously injure or even kill yourself working on the AC. Take the care to a reputable shop and have them fix it.

9shorty20
07-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I think you're in over your head. If you don't know what you're doing, you can seriously injure or even kill yourself working on the AC. Take the care to a reputable shop and have them fix it.

yeah i think ima just end up doing that cuz yeah i dont know shit bout ac...i doubt the compressor is out though cuz yesterday i turned the ac on and it blows nothing but hot air