PDA

View Full Version : Installing deck, need vss wire.

Ju_S12_Turbo
07-19-2010, 12:32 AM
So I just finished fixing a old deck that was given to me for doing some work on their car. It's a avic-n1 (full of win lol) and it has a bunch of cool little things and one of them is the gauges. It needs the vss though, I am guessing I would tap into the yellow wire in this pic or could it be the yellow and black? I just want to make sure I am getting the right wire. I am going to check the fsm tomorrow, but if anyone knows for sure off the top of their head. By all means chime in lol

Edit: this pic is from a obd-1 conversion thread

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/sinnedone/DSC000171.jpg

A18A
07-19-2010, 07:56 AM
i dont actually know but damn that's a flash deck. what sort of work did you have to do to get that? lol

Ju_S12_Turbo
07-19-2010, 11:10 AM
i dont actually know but damn that's a flash deck. what sort of work did you have to do to get that? lol

I removed it and installed a sony blue-tooth deck for them lol. They told me the deck was no good and needed repairs, after a little reading I found out it just needed a new install cd and it was good again lol.

Strugglebucket
07-21-2010, 03:44 PM
The yellow wire should work. If not, you might try a pull-up resistor like in the obd-1 thread. My car is an '89 though, and I didn't need to modify the vss to get it to work with an obd-1 ecu. I think if it works with an obd-1 ecu, it should work with that deck.