PDA

View Full Version : Temp guage quit working

nail4545
07-20-2010, 12:13 PM
My temp gauge quit working, I am guessing my check engine light should come on soon and tell me what it is. It happened 5 months ago, was engine temp sensor, replaced it and now not sure if it went out again or something else. Just trying to get any help in what it could be in case check light does not come on. Its a 88 honda accord lxi, 2.0 fuel injected. Just installed water pump day before.

2oodoor
07-20-2010, 02:57 PM
there are two sensors, one for the ECM and one for the guage...
One wire sensor is guage, two (sometimes three) wire sensor is for ECM

Any thing else not working on the intrument cluster? I would check fuses if so

Temp guage can stop reading if the thermostat gets stuck open

Temp guage sensor should be on the intake manifold somewhere

Sensor for ECm is around the thermostat housing somewhere

Dr_Snooz
07-21-2010, 08:23 PM
The gauge wire plugs onto a little nipple that sticks out the back of the thermostat housing. Make sure it's not unplugged or so loose and sloppy that it doesn't make contact.

Civic Accord Honda
07-26-2010, 12:46 AM
The gauge wire plugs onto a little nipple that sticks out the back of the thermostat housing. Make sure it's not unplugged or so loose and sloppy that it doesn't make contact.

this, also crimp a new contion on the wire i had the problem of mine acting werid for 2 years then i crimped a new contection on it worked fine ever since

InAccordance
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
mine bounces around sometimes, just smack the gauge cluster and it goes back to where it should be =p