PDA

View Full Version : need help

nail4545
07-21-2010, 11:59 AM
I had an older post where I was having high idle problems. It happenedd 5 minutes after installing new pcv valve. Since then installed another pcv, checked for any vaccuam leaks, replaces water pump which was leaking, check engine light came on for engine coolent sensor, replaced but check engine light still on. Going to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, then should go off hopefully. So at this point i am completely lost on what to do, it does need a new pcv rubber grommet. Also I cleaned the iacv out. So I need some help.

stephensimmons
07-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I had an older post where I was having high idle problems. It happenedd 5 minutes after installing new pcv valve. Since then installed another pcv, checked for any vaccuam leaks, replaces water pump which was leaking, check engine light came on for engine coolent sensor, replaced but check engine light still on. Going to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, then should go off hopefully. So at this point i am completely lost on what to do, it does need a new pcv rubber grommet. Also I cleaned the iacv out. So I need some help.

Where did you get the coolant temp. sensor from? If i remember correctly you gota get it from honda because the ones in the parts store is the wrong one. The parts store has it listed as a coolant temp sensor but it isnt and i cant remember what was the problem with the parts store one BUT i do remember you had to get the correct one from honda or your car wouldnt run right!

stephensimmons
07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Check this tread out.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60400

Dr_Snooz
07-21-2010, 08:07 PM
The check engine light is not telling you to change a part. It's telling you that a circuit has a problem and you need to get in there and find out what's wrong. The troubleshooting guide for the ECT starts on p. 12-26 of this manual (http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php). It should help you find the problem.

That's the '89 manual. I'm not sure if you're working on an '89.