PDA

View Full Version : Sound Setup

Xaisk
07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Been awhile since I posted.

Well recently I decided im going to work on my sound. I am working on subs first, then will hit the front speakers. I went out and bought a Power Acoustik Goth 1800 watt power amp. It puts out 300 RMS watts per chan.
Im going to combine it with 2 15'' Boss CH15 Chaos subs. The subs have 300 RMS rating. I havent thought about the front speakers yet. I paid about 109.00$ for the amp and ive read lots of great reviews on it. Just waiting for payday so I can buy the subs. I might go full boss and do the front speakers as boss ones too but I havent decided. I am planning on wiring it so the front speakers power comes from the stereo itself, then the subs are powered by the amp. I like big bass, not just loud, but nicely defined bass were I can distinguish the notes easily as im a big music dude.

(edit) I am getting new subs because I tested my super Q's with the 9 volt bat test and scratch test they failed both. Figures I get em free and they dont work.

canadian357
07-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Man, those amps are nasty ugly. I have one. Solid amp for a great price though.

That said, if you're really into the whole SQ scene, or at least not one of those people who will wanna kill small animals from a mile away with the overpowering concussive blasts that come from your average riced out Civic/Cavvy, consider powering your speakers. It's clearer sound.

lx-i coupe
07-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Man, those amps are nasty ugly. I have one. Solid amp for a great price though.

That said, if you're really into the whole SQ scene, or at least not one of those people who will wanna kill small animals from a mile away with the overpowering concussive blasts that come from your average riced out Civic/Cavvy, consider powering your speakers. It's clearer sound.

also, if you're into it, i would recommend an outboard eq. i love my 7 band

Xaisk
07-31-2010, 10:28 AM
So I have changed my plans but I have made them official.

Sub
http://www.deffaudio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=32_71&products_id=764

Front speakers
http://www.deffaudio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23_57&products_id=751

Rear Speakers
http://www.deffaudio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23_56&products_id=754

I also have a pair of tweeters lying around but I dont know if I am going to put them in yet..

http://www.deffaudio.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23_94&products_id=1851

I dont know if I am going to put the tweeters in. I am going to wait and see how it sounds with the rear speakers and sub in the backseat first.

Im going to power the front speakers from the HU and the rest with...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17522_Power+Acoustik+OVN2-1800.html

I know I have already posted the amp and how I was going to wire it up but I felt that people prefer pictures over a bunch of typed stuff.

I already have the amp and my speakers are due Tuesday... I hate waiting =(

Xaisk
08-04-2010, 09:58 AM
So I received my speakers yesterday and began installation.

The front 2 took about 3 minutes each to install.
Tested them and they sound beautiful... The sound quality on those speakers were absolutely astounding. (Mind me sounding like a crazed scientist.)

We then began to install the back ones. I ordered two 6.5 size speakers and had issues with the metal mounting plate that was pre-installed in the car. To make it fit, we took a small piece of wood, cut it into a ring, and mounted the speakers to that, then proceeded to mount the wood to the plastic. Easy enough, took about 2 hours with some downtime... nightime.. and wiring issues.

I ordered a 15'' sub only to discover its to big for my car. :uh: (prepares to be flamed)

Im still debating on whether I should send that and the 109.00 power amp back to get my 149.00$ and replace something like the axel shaft, or the ball joints.. brake booster needs to be replaced.. hm suspension struts...

Ive got alot on my plate.

canadian357
08-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Naw. You can make a 15 fit.

Xaisk
08-05-2010, 06:32 PM
Hm.. I want to maintain room in the hatch because this car is my daily driver and if I get groceries and other things I want some room.

What would you recommend to make it fit?

I could easily make it fit if I used up the entire hatch, but id rather not.

Justin B
09-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Hey, I am going to be installing 2 amplifiers in my 89 Sedan Ex-i. Where should I put them so that I have the most space and I can also open my back seat? (I have a box for 2 10" subs)

CzEcHy
09-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey, I am going to be installing 2 amplifiers in my 89 Sedan Ex-i. Where should I put them so that I have the most space and I can also open my back seat? (I have a box for 2 10" subs)

On the box <.<?

A18A
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
under one of the front seats

88lxi-shortram
09-13-2010, 09:47 AM
when i had my subs i had my amp under my passenger seat due to the fact that there is no room under the drivers seat but i reccomend mounting it under the passenger seat.... lol you really dont even need to mount it because unless you hit every corner at 60mph then a solid amp will not move due to its weight... just make sure you tape off bare wires because two wrong wires touch and youre amp could fry or worse... your car.

Vanilla Sky
09-13-2010, 09:51 AM
You can mount it to the underside of the back deck or to the false floor in the trunk.

ghettogeddy
09-13-2010, 09:59 AM
anywhere but the box that way if you get them stolen all thats missing is the subs not the amps lol

Vanilla Sky
09-13-2010, 10:01 AM
anywhere but the box that way if you get them stolen all thats missing is the subs not the amps lol

The added vibration doesn't help the amp a whole lot, either.

ghettogeddy
09-13-2010, 12:56 PM
The added vibration doesn't help the amp a whole lot, either.

never really had an issue with that just loosing all of my equipment to one theft is the key here lol

MessyHonda
09-15-2010, 09:53 PM
never really had an issue with that just loosing all of my equipment to one theft is the key here lol

dont park in shady areas...never bump your beat in shady areas.