PDA

View Full Version : Pacesetter header quality.

InAccordance
07-23-2010, 03:59 AM
Pretty much as the title says, really only company that makes headers anymore for the a20 is pacesetter and i want to know from you guys who have them how the quality of them is. How long you've used them, how well they matched up out of the box, general stuff like that.
Preferably if you have the normal black colored ones, not the "armor" coat ones, cause im not getting those if I decide to go with this brand.
I know I can get DC headers used, but the last time I did that with my prelude, paid 180 bucks only to find out it had a huge hole near where it goes into 2 that the seller never said anything about nor provided a picture to show it, so im weary about buying things that are constantly being stressed.
Thanks in advance for any and all input :)

-edited for spelling cause my brain goes faster than my fingers type >.>

Bglad420
07-23-2010, 06:12 AM
I've had mine for about 6 years, no issues fit was good, no leaks. I port matched mine and tig welded all the welds, and surfaced all the flanges though. but that's because I'm anal.

CzEcHy
07-23-2010, 07:53 AM
I've always wondered something but have investigated it but..

What is the hp difference or any performance differences between pacesetter and DC?

Not how well they hold up, just performance for the car.

Figured this would be a good question to add to his questions.

fogged
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
The over all fit was spot on. I had to grind and fill the inside of the tubes at ALL flanges. The welds were solid just real sloppy on the insides. I also cut out the ball type flex and welded in a standard type flex tube. Other than that Ive ran it problem free for 3 years.

InAccordance
07-24-2010, 06:12 PM
i never did care for ball type flex piping, so i would prob get rid of it too.
ty for the input so far.
I've got a pretty sick idea for a custom exhaust that I have yet to see on an accord, so was just mostly wanting testimonials since if I do a full custom setup, I need quality headers to hold up.

Couple years ago I came across header that were 4 into 1, but I cant remember who made them... anyone happen to know?

Strugglebucket
07-24-2010, 09:45 PM
S&S used to make a 4-1, but I'm not sure if they still do. Their included egr fitting doesn't work, nor does having O2 fittings on individual primaries. Could still be a good option for a carbed or obd-1 car though.

InAccordance
07-25-2010, 05:33 AM
S&S used to make a 4-1, but I'm not sure if they still do. Their included egr fitting doesn't work, nor does having O2 fittings on individual primaries. Could still be a good option for a carbed or obd-1 car though.

That was it! was racking my brain trying to remember who it was.

88Accord-DX
07-31-2010, 08:43 PM
When you bolt the pacesetter header up with the ball socket, the welds will break & leak. The best way I've found , is to cut it off & put a flex pipe in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/ddude2uc/flexpipe.jpg