PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof leak

canadian357
07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Does anyone have a picture or a really good description of a way to get at/unclog the rear sunroof drain tubes, particularly the passenger one? The rear passenger floor of my car is filling with water every time it rains, and I have brand new carpet in the car. I don't want it to get moldy. Also, I already have the trunk plastic out an I still can't find it.

charliekuney
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Also, I already have the trunk plastic out an I still can't find it.

My gutted coupe had a sunroof: I don't think they're visible from inside of the car...I believe they're in the body.

Drano?

Hauntd ca3
07-23-2010, 04:13 PM
get a length of wire ,something like heavy speaker cable works well , and use it to gently work the obstruction down the drain hoses. use some water as well to help. the back drains are shits to clean eh.

canadian357
07-23-2010, 04:38 PM
I've been using some 14 gauge welding wire (weakest welding wire EVER) to work through I keep hitting something solid. Yeah I found the hoses by the way, going from the trunk. I don't have to take out the headliner do I....?

That would make me a sad panda.

w261w261
07-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Jesus, there have to be a million descriptions of how to fix the sunroof drains! Search! Remove the trunk panels, pull out the drain tubes, clear the schmutz from the ends and put them back. More details, put in some search effort.

canadian357
07-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Yeah I kinda shat the bed on that one. Didn't really look. Sorry guys.

import racer
07-24-2010, 04:15 PM
I used a spare cable from the trunk release to clean mine,worked pretty well.

w261w261
07-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah I kinda shat the bed on that one. Didn't really look. Sorry guys.

Check out this thread. Also, when getting the buttons out when taking off the trunk liners, don't use a screwdriver, it will tear them up. Use a panel removal tool (looks like one of those things that you use to remove nails with, only bigger, bent at the end with a forked tip. You can get one at Autozone).

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43570&highlight=sunroof+drain

charliekuney
07-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Also, when getting the buttons out when taking off the trunk liners, don't use a screwdriver, it will tear them up. Use a panel removal tool (looks like one of those things that you use to remove nails with, only bigger, bent at the end with a forked tip. You can get one at Autozone).

I wish your (or Mike's) words of wisdom came before I decided to gut my car.

http://i27.tinypic.com/30m4nra.jpg

canadian357
07-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Yeah I picked one up for like 3 bucks the other day. I'm cleaning and painting my nasty ass trunk liners while they're out. And probably cleaning and spraying my trunk too.

charliekuney
07-25-2010, 10:44 AM
^ I always forget that sedans and hatches have solid material for trunkliners.

Civic Accord Honda
07-26-2010, 12:31 AM
pull head liner , un hook tube, place on mouth, blow hard, spit out green and black and brown slime, reinstall, succeed?