PDA

View Full Version : Blue struts not Tokikos what are they?

alberto
07-24-2010, 04:36 PM
found some blue struts in the junk yard not Tokikos what are they and i found some KYB but I hade some before and I dirent like theme saw some others like monerow or somethiung like that is that ok ontil I find the Tokikos?

MessyHonda
07-25-2010, 09:51 AM
gabriel shocks....they are junk...dont buy them.

alberto
07-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Gracias Messy but then what other can I buy that is worth it?

MessyHonda
07-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Gracias Messy but then what other can I buy that is worth it?

real tokico blues are the best shocks that you can buy for 220ish

Vanilla Sky
07-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Tokico Blues are great shocks for what you spend on them. Don't expect them to handle much of a drop and don't expect them to control a firm spring. They are GREAT for stock springs.

alberto
07-26-2010, 03:37 AM
OOOOO! I got a lower set up, Sprint they are like 2,2 1/2 inch low and it does feel a bit roof and then I went to TJ an fall in a pot hole an bloow a rear strut. that is way I am looking for only one Tokiko but I will setel for something else for konw.

labeledsk8r
07-26-2010, 06:41 AM
no strut out there can really handle a drop like that, most struts will have to be modded to work

Vanilla Sky
07-26-2010, 07:38 AM
You really should replace dampers in pairs, if not as a whole set. Not always the case with a newer car or when you've recently replaced the dampers, but I wouldn't be surprised if yours are original to your car.

alberto
07-26-2010, 02:17 PM
I kow I kow it is supost to go in pairs but I got five kids I got to cut corners and I try not too but for now It will haf too do and I will probably cave in an get them new or if I am lucky I will get them at JY on the haf off day.

Vanilla Sky
07-26-2010, 02:22 PM
If cost is an issue, put the car back up to stock height and get the cheapest dampers you can. You don't want to cut corners when safety is at stake.

alberto
07-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Yea I gues you are rith but I moved frome TJ to SD and alot of the extra stuf I hade at the house I coudent bring to the apartment an I even hade a full set of Kyb whit Sprint springs too but I sold them, No worry's I will figure something out the haf of sale is on the 6,7,8, but I get paid on the 10th aint that a beach, So no more fast food or eny sweets but I will have both rear shocks an get out of this mes , Ohh I will atend the 4 of sep, meet for so cal.