PDA

View Full Version : 1987 Lx-i hatchback

Wil-_^liam
07-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Hey everyone, I've been looking through these forums the past couple days and man, does this forum have alot of information and knowledgeable people.

I have recently gotten a white 87 LX-i hatchback and know almost nothing about cars, could someone link me to somewhere to learn the basics of cars and then maybe specifics of how like a 3g works. I don't even know what engine my accord has. When the 87 accord was made it had one of either 2 engines? I know it has a pgm-fi thing from Honda. The A/C doesn't work. It accelerates amazing though. 170,000 miles. I think I am the third owner.

Anyways, I am really happy I found this site. Hopefully I can learn more about cars and my 3g.

itzdave
07-25-2010, 02:08 PM
u have an A20A3 motor, most likely. the other motor (A20A1) is carbureted and was in the DX and LX models.
this site has TONS of info, just be sure to use the 'SEARCH' feature, just about anything can be found in a few minutes by searching...
:welcome:

Civic Accord Honda
07-26-2010, 12:18 AM
welcome! like dave said search alot before asking questions , and post pics!

Wil-_^liam
07-26-2010, 05:36 AM
haha. Thanks for the welcome. I will post pics as soon as i get the post count!

1987AccordLx-i
07-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Hey everyone, I've been looking through these forums the past couple days and man, does this forum have alot of information and knowledgeable people.

I have recently gotten a white 87 LX-i hatchback and know almost nothing about cars, could someone link me to somewhere to learn the basics of cars and then maybe specifics of how like a 3g works. I don't even know what engine my accord has. When the 87 accord was made it had one of either 2 engines? I know it has a pgm-fi thing from Honda. The A/C doesn't work. It accelerates amazing though. 170,000 miles. I think I am the third owner.

Anyways, I am really happy I found this site. Hopefully I can learn more about cars and my 3g.
welcome to the community! i remembered that i had this bookmarked and its VERY helpful... if you need help with your 3rd gen... try searching (top right corner option button) if your unable to find it then make a post... anyway heres the link to the information on our cars
http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Main_Page

PorkChopz
08-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the forum, I myself just recently purchased a 88 LXi and not to mechanically inclined...I think that's the word I'm looking for I think :/ Theres alot of info on this site, skimmed through it a bit. Will start checking out things further.

Well.. good look with your ride.