PDA

View Full Version : HELP cant find clutch fluld filler cup .

lilbluedevil225
05-09-2002, 07:02 PM
:stupid: i know this is pretty lame but i cant seem to find the clutch fluid filler cup for a 87 lxi hb 5 speed i just got the car about three weeks ago and i have been searching for it i just cant find it but i am pretty sure its right in front of me and i just dont see it but if any of you can help i would really be greatful .... thanks :bow:

Scott89hondalxi
05-09-2002, 08:23 PM
ummm you can look and look all you want and you wont find it!!!!!thats cause your car doesnt have one. the clutch on a 3g is a cable clutch.......

Don87LX
05-10-2002, 04:41 AM
Yep. Your clutch is pulled by a cable and not by hydrolics.

CARBurn
05-11-2002, 05:41 PM
Is there something wrong with your clutch? If it needs adjustment there is a black knob right in front of the tranny to adjust it.

lilbluedevil225
05-12-2002, 09:16 AM
thanks for your help every 5 speed i have had always had a filler cup for the clutch so i thought that this one did to .. but now i know it does not so thanks , and no there was nothing wrong with my clutch i was just doing regular fluid check when i noticed no filler cup . see i havent had the car long so i am still learning about a 3gee honda accord . but thanks for showing me how to adjust my clutch though .. :D

Don87LX
05-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Cool man! Any more questions just ask! dollars to doughnut holes somebody here knows just about anything to do with these cars!

CoAsTeR
05-14-2002, 09:41 AM
perhaps you mean the transmission not the clutch??? You can add fluid to the tranny... but your clutch is a cable. If you want to top up your fluid, look on the passenger side engine compartment. Look directly down where the thermostat housing is and you should be able to see/feel a big 17mm nut on the tranny. Take that out and fill the fluid till its level with the hole. I recommend using Honda factory fluid otherwise you can just use 10W40 motor oil. You'll need a hose to add the fluid to the tranny... only takes about 5 minutes or so.

Good luck!